Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

Ok I get the feeling I'm bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Tommy has a broken rib which he sustained he Brazil. Duff is playing the golden gods and I'm assured tommy (injury recovery pending) WILL play all the other shows and is very much still in GNR.

You heard it here first!! ;)

SO the rumor of rib injury was true, still odd that he did play gigs though

I was wondering the same thing. Go figure :shrugs:

Though it may be true it still makes no sense to me. What does the rib injury have to do with him not playing the awards? Unless the injury got worse over the last few days?

maybe they are ironing out details before they announce anything? maybe axl had such a good time he wanted to extend it for another show? maybe tommy partied so hard at Coachella he had to take a time out? maybe tommy re-injured his ribs this weekend getting jiggy and opted out of the awards ceremony? all speculation

A future with the Replacements is sketchy at best, it could re-implode at a moment's notice.
He's got a paycheque with these play-the-classics tours, he's not leaving nuGnR.

Dry off your reunion panties and save them for another day.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

A future with the Replacements is sketchy at best, it could re-implode at a moment's notice.

He's got a paycheque with these play-the-classics tours, he's not leaving nuGnR.

Dry off your reunion panties and save them for another day.

Tommy has said he wont stand in Duffs way in the past, however as you said, the gravy train is too hard to stay away from, he needs to 'get on board' to keep the cash coming in.

2015 might be the return of Duff. For the reunionist it would be a good sign. If an original returns we might see Izzy jump in later, and who knows what happens from there

I'd love to just see Duff return though. He puts Axl in a better frame of mind. You can just tell Axl likes having someone around who knew him before he was rich and after and is still his friend. I think that means more to Axl than any loyalty from his current band.

It would be easy to be friends with Axl when he is this rock god millionaire who became an iconic figure in rock. It would be hard to be friends with Axl when you know him as some poor asshole from Indiana.

• Like 1

Every thread here has attrociously mean posts.

If I were Axl and I lurked here I'd mickey the shit out of some of you guys every show on the tour. I'd then organize one heavily secured show, with a blacklist at the door, metal detectors, all camera, phones and recording devices strictly forbidden. I'd then rasp the shit out of the show, play a new song, log in here the following day and post a single 5 second clip with unprecedented amounts of rasp. Then fuck off forever.

If I were Axl and I lurked here I'd mickey the shit out of some of you guys every show on the tour. I'd then organize one heavily secured show, with a blacklist at the door, metal detectors, all camera, phones and recording devices strictly forbidden. I'd then rasp the shit out of the show, play a new song, log in here the following day and post a single 5 second clip with unprecedented amounts of rasp. Then fuck off forever.

That would be the biggest trolling ever i guess

But somewhat TB will leak the entire show in proshot just to cupcake Axl :devilshades:

Edited by Crash Diet

But you are not Axl.

So thats why Axl ranted about haters before ISE in the Brasil show with Duff?

I think was becuase of the complaints about his voice ( awful voice btw).

Im sure that Axl and the band or close to the band read the forum heretodaygonetohell more usually than we think.

I think Duff is totally open to the idea of going back but is his idea of G n R in line with the version that currently exists? That's where it could all fall down. Will he feel like he has a say in matters, which he should as an original member

Maybe he just wants to relive the old days? And then it all doesn't matter that much. Add a nice paycheck and I doubt he really cares.

Let's face it, we - the fuckers on this board - are just about the only people who care about a new album.

Anyways, if Duff rejoins I would be happy with that. If they would add Izzy to the fold I would completely respect the band as GnR. They don't need Slash, but they do need 3 out of 5 original members :P

Just imagine what would happen if Duff joins permanently and Izzy would show up as a guest. You would have Axl, Duff and Izzy on stage. Damn. I would go see that show even if Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse :D