Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

I created a separate thread as a lot of good debate is being lost on a number of different threads.

I have mixed opinions about this but in short I believe (as we type and spk) things MAY be evolving.

What's your view/take?

PLEASE KEEP RESPECTFUL!

it's a very good thing, this mini-reunion could lead us to the BIG ONE ! :D

Yes, but in what terms? A big one with TB as managers? A big one with 4 former members just as hired guys? Many things must change for a big one to be done the proper way.

it's pretty clear for me, with no disrespect to tommy, duff being back is a pretty exciting time for this band and I hope it continues.

with that guy on board maybe we can get better negotiations for things like releasing the dvd. people say "duff back means no new music"? I say what? I think it gives a boost to axl and maybe he will actually want to record something now. Duff can't learn how to play a new song on the fly? he figured out the Chinese democracy songs pretty quik.

if this becomes permanent it's a good thing.

A compelling point is the label may see one old gunner as highly marketable to the old fanbase for new material, so if that hang up is a large blockage in the cogs of a sequel (Axl ain't even playing anything to signify he has anything up his sleeve, never hints he has further plans, does the same thing over and over, BBF saying Atlas isn't even finished - so there is a lot of doubt this is why nothing new) there may be more leverage and opportunity in the future pipeline, but what would Duff's motivation be?

I created a separate thread as a lot of good debate is being lost on a number of different threads.

I have mixed opinions about this but in short I believe (as we type and spk) things MAY be evolving.

What's your view/take?

PLEASE KEEP RESPECTFUL!

it's a very good thing, this mini-reunion could lead us to the BIG ONE ! :D

Yes, but in what terms? A big one with TB as managers? A big one with 4 former members just as hired guys? Many things must change for a big one to be done the proper way.

indeed, but it could be a step in the right direction.

wait and see

• Like 1

it's cutting it close but last guns gig is 6/7 walking papers first gig 6/9?
First gig is June 6 in Horsens, Denmark. Plus time to get to Europe (And I'm sure rehearsals since they haven't played together in a little while), definitely 3 but probably 4 gigs he'd have to sit out.

google has failed me lol

http://www.songkick.com/artists/5875959-walking-papers

Considering Duff seemingly is behind starting a show with YCBM and has seeimgly been really giving Axl some good energy I say that Duff returning would kick ass.

However the only reason why I would not want it is because I think Duff is too talented to be wasted in a band that doesn't release music

• Like 1

If Axl ever reunites the old line up then to me that says that Axls a bitch and quite frankly they were all always about the money in the first place. And to ditch Tommy after all the fuckin' graft and commitment he's put in while Duff was busy bailing out and pissing around in college and trying to make an Axl-less GnR in VR, running Axl down and all sorts, that pretty clearly says to me that these lot ain't about shit, none of em.

But you're working off the assumption that Tommy wants to stay. Maybe he doesn't? Maybe he wants to do other things?

I'd agree it would be a shitty move on Axl's part to force out one of his most loyal bandmates, but I'm not sure if Duff coming in translates into Axl forcing Tommy out.

Guest Len B'stard

If Axl ever reunites the old line up then to me that says that Axls a bitch and quite frankly they were all always about the money in the first place. And to ditch Tommy after all the fuckin' graft and commitment he's put in while Duff was busy bailing out and pissing around in college and trying to make an Axl-less GnR in VR, running Axl down and all sorts, that pretty clearly says to me that these lot ain't about shit, none of em.

But you're working off the assumption that Tommy wants to stay. Maybe he doesn't? Maybe he wants to do other things?

I'd agree it would be a shitty move on Axl's part to force out one of his most loyal bandmates, but I'm not sure if Duff coming in translates into Axl forcing Tommy out.

Oh true, yeah, sorry, i wasn't clear there, was I? Obviously if Tommy wants out and the windows open for Duff then go for it. But even then, after all this shit, it's really odd to see them just suddenly cool out of the blue, fuck it, wasted the best years of your life you could've been together, why bother now :lol: It's annoying if anything, kinda like those Monkees reunions, it's like where the fuck were a quarter of a century ago, nobody wants to see your wrinkly prune-cheeks this late in the day, go home and sip meds through a straw and shit your pants and await the inevitable :lol:

I'd be interested in the business arrangement if Duff were to return. Would he be cool with just being a contractually hired hand? Would he request more money from sales than the others? Would Axl let him buy back or create a partnership? Duff appears to be more business savvy than your usual musician and he knows it'd increase exposure, so I'm sure he'd want more than the other guys.

All relevant questions that will get lost in this forum's usual annoying posts.

• Like 1

If Subs has a car accident before telling us the information - god forbid - I'm blaming it on Team Brazil cutting his breaks.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

Oh true, yeah, sorry, i wasn't clear there, was I? Obviously if Tommy wants out and the windows open for Duff then go for it. But even then, after all this shit, it's really odd to see them just suddenly cool out of the blue, fuck it, wasted the best years of your life you could've been together, why bother now :lol: It's annoying if anything, kinda like those Monkees reunions, it's like where the fuck were a quarter of a century ago, nobody wants to see your wrinkly prune-cheeks this late in the day, go home and sip meds through a straw and shit your pants and await the inevitable :lol:

Yeah, in all of this is the fact that it's a shame that it took so long. I get what you're saying. But at this point, if Axl is done putting out new music, would it not just be better to have the old guys come back? It sucks that they went through all of this to do next to nothing, but now that we're at this shitty destination, might as well make the best of it. If Axl doesn't want to retire and wants to keep on making those Ferrari payments, why not give people what they want? If he's going to sucker people into paying into a greatest hits show, might as well have the guys who actually wrote the music playing along with him.

I'd be interested in the business arrangement if Duff were to return. Would he be cool with just being a contractually hired hand? Would he request more money from sales than the others? Would Axl let him buy back or create a partnership? Duff appears to be more business savvy than your usual musician and he knows it'd increase exposure, so I'm sure he'd want more than the other guys.

All relevant questions that will get lost in this forum's usual annoying posts.

I really don't think it's about money at this point for guys like Duff. I'm sure that so long as he's getting what he feels as fair, he's more into celebrating his legacy than anything else.

• Like 1

If Subs has a car accident before telling us the information - god forbid - I'm blaming it on Team Brazil cutting his breaks.

The rest of us will blame it on you.

No kidding... The last guy to be pointing fingers around here :P

Just speculating: Could this be the road to reunion?? I highly doubt it.....Please let this lead for reunion!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I want these fuckers to get back together so bad :wub:

tumblr_lklaf4EDon1qbmknso1_500_large.jpg

Edited by gunnari

Just speculating: Could this be the road to reunion?? I highly doubt it.....Please let this lead for reunion!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

I think that's getting ahead of ourselves, but who knows. Prior to 2006, I would have never imagined Izzy or Duff joining GNR/Axl on stage.

The fact that they're all still alive is amazing enough. Maybe one day they'll take advantage of that highly unlikely fact.