Are Janes Addiction any good?

CAFC Nick

I'm asking because they're playing the UK in a few months and I have never really got into them at all, think I know like 3 songs - Been caught stealing, Just Because, Stop...

Anyone like them? If so, what can you recommend listening to?

Here's the only song by them I ever truly loved:

I'm asking because they're playing the UK in a few months and I have never really got into them at all, think I know like 3 songs - Been caught stealing, Just Because, Stop...

When/where are they touring? Can't find anything online...

I've always liked them in an (extremly) casual sense. I managed to catch them last year since they were on the bill for that Uproar fest and I wanted to see Alice in Chains, The Walking Papers, and The Dead Daisies. I was pretty curious to see Jane's Addiction and was actually really, really impressed with their show. They are an excellent live band! Three Days in particular was a force to hear.

Highly recommend that, and that is coming from someone who only knows a few songs

I had a chance to see them with a friend in Toronto February 2012 after seeing GNR in Atlantic City, I was really excited until I found out it was a seated gig (only seats on the floor), so I passed. I only became a fan of theirs (and of NIN) around the end of the NIN/JA tour, wish I became a fan sooner!

I saw them open for the fake Alice In Chains last year and I wasn't impressed but I enjoy their albums.

Saw them at Uproar last year and I really wasn't impressed. Something about the way they actually played the songs just really dragged, and at times I couldn't tell where one ended and another began. Stage props and whatnot were pretty cool though.

Ha, we literally thought the opposite things with Jane's Addiction. Of the big names on that tour Coheed and Cambria were the dissapointments for me. I've always liked a few tunes from them but I was not impressed one bit by their live show

I remember trying to get my high school spanish teacher to translate the intro of Ritual de lo Habitual. He wouldn't tell me what it said. Which just made me think it must be something cool.

3 Days is like modern Zeppelin or as close as anyone has ever got.

20/8 - Brixton

21/8 - Manchester

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveNavarro/status/460794417306411008

Sorry it's a mobile link!

20/8 - Brixton

21/8 - Manchester

Just got Songkick notification, will try and get a ticket for Brixton! Wonder what the setlist will be like...

20/8 - Brixton

21/8 - Manchester

Just got Songkick notification, will try and get a ticket for Brixton! Wonder what the setlist will be like...

I'm guessing the whole album + some favorites.

Debating on whether to buy a ticket, would mean I have to London for just one day.

20/8 - Brixton

21/8 - Manchester

Apparently they are playing 'Nothing Shocking' in full.

Source: Team Rock radio

• Like 1

I saw them open for the fake Alice In Chains last year and I wasn't impressed but I enjoy their albums.

Saw them at Uproar last year and I really wasn't impressed. Something about the way they actually played the songs just really dragged, and at times I couldn't tell where one ended and another began. Stage props and whatnot were pretty cool though.

Ha, we literally thought the opposite things with Jane's Addiction. Of the big names on that tour Coheed and Cambria were the dissapointments for me. I've always liked a few tunes from them but I was not impressed one bit by their live show

Yeah man we're definitely opposite, because for me Coheed was a highlight (I'm a huge fan though, so I'm biased, haha). Maybe I just caught 'em on a bad night.