May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

I will just take a change to the set. Please for the love of god don't play the same set as the last residency... How lazy would be?!?

They are going to mix it up every night. Keep it fresh.

DJ told me so. And I can't recall him ever steering us wrong.

• Like 1

Have fun Coma!! I'm jealous! I should have made the effort to get out to Vegas for a couple shows!

Thanks dude. I'm going to next Friday's show (not tonight's). Funny story, I was at my parents having dinner last night and my gf mentioned to them how I met up with a guy from the internet and went to a concert together. It was a very awkward dinner lol

Have fun Coma!! I'm jealous! I should have made the effort to get out to Vegas for a couple shows!

Thanks dude. I'm going to next Friday's show (not tonight's). Funny story, I was at my parents having dinner last night and my gf mentioned to them how I met up with a guy from the internet and went to a concert together. It was a very awkward dinner lol

You're still alive, so I don't see what the issue is with meeting new people from the internet at shows :awesomeface:

I can understand why some people are put off by the idea, especially people who don't post on forums regularly, but it's no different from just meeting someone totally new in a random setting or anything.

You're still alive, so I don't see what the issue is with meeting new people from the internet at shows :awesomeface:

I can understand why some people are put off by the idea, especially people who don't post on forums regularly, but it's no different from just meeting someone totally new in a random setting or anything.

We carpooled without knowing each other. Turned out to be a great night!

We carpooled without knowing each other. Turned out to be a great night!

I'm sure it did

tumblr_meal0okpW61r8x5wk.png

• Like 1

Maybe we'll hear that rumoured Queen cover?

Time Your Mother Down. Or Somebody to love. You heard it here first, guys.

small clip of the band rehearsing WTTJ

YES!!! WTTJ!!! Where's Axl?

He does not need to rehearse, baby. DJ does. So the whole band is there to help DJ get the SCOM intro right.

SPOILER (I don't know how to hide "spoiler" content :( )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv04X_PX97A

In case it hasn't been posted

http://vegasseven.com/2014/05/20/dj-ashba-guns-n-roses/

“I didn’t join this [band] just to play guitar”

Ouch...

I didn’t join this [band] just to play guitar. I joined because I believe I can bring something to the table as a songwriter, producer. We have a lot of stuff written. I’ve written 13 or 14 songs. Whatever ends up on the record, no one knows at this point. I know everybody’s main focus is to get together as a band and put together what we feel collectively is the best Guns N’ Roses record.
What I’ve heard that Axl has is insane stuff. I’ll be sitting in his hotel room, and he’ll just be playing his piano and singing, and I’ll be like ‘Dude, what is that?’ ‘Oh, just some shit I’m playing around with.’ And it’ll be like ‘November Rain’ shit. Like, ‘Holy shit, the world has to hear this tomorrow.’ I pray to God the world gets a chance to hear the stuff that he has up his sleeve. He has some amazing songs sitting there.”
  • Like 1

We have to remember Axl does stuff on a whim so it's likely to be the 5th Vegas show after everyone's expectations have been lowered beyond a reasonable point of loyal intrigue but will it be too late to make a splash? I mean releasing CD four years too late and losing both your axe men was nuts but he had time and the voice was pretty fucking special still, he seems to have reached a ceiling with his vocals and the momentum the band once had and time doesn't wait for rock stars once they start accumulating the 50's... also replacing yet another member would hurt the crusade immensely this late in the game.

I also realize there is a 2% chance new material, meaning brand new or reworked, not old GNR stuff, is played.

Edited by RandallFlagg