GN'R @ Gibson Amphitheatre, LA - December 20, 2006

SHOW OF THE WEEK: GN'R @ Gibson Amphitheatre, LA - December 20th, 2006gLW1mHI.jpgBack when Axl Rose could go with the best of them. Back when the lead guitarist sucked because he felt like it. Back when Chinese Democracy was still shrouded in mystery. When I saw the original thread for show of the week, I immediately thought of this show and submitted my pitch for it. It's a personal favorite, one of the first bootlegs I saw that made me realize how good this band was when they were on.Highlights:- Axl Rose is on fire through the entire show, busting out dance moves and singing with a fire reminiscent of his glory days.- Founding GNR member Izzy Stradlin joins the band for five songs, always a plus.- The audience is treated to performances of "Down on the Farm" and "Think About You", two seldom played songs.- Honestly, just the Nightrain performance in general. So much energy and Axl swagger that's sorely missed today.Setlist:

Finck Solo/Jam
Axl Rose Piano Solo
(feat. Izzy Stradlin)
(feat. Sebastian Bach and Bubbles)
(feat. Izzy Stradlin)
(feat. Izzy Stradlin)
(feat. Izzy Stradlin)Encore:
(feat. Izzy Stradlin)
I fucking lost it when I read that :lol:

Watch this fucking concert and you'll understand why I insist so much saying that Axl and the band nowadays are not even close to being great, or good.... or listenable.... Axl's voice was PERFECT, his looks were cool for a guy his age. BBF was still learning how not to shred at every chance but still good. Robin was awesome, really awesome, specially on the new songs. It was a good time to be a nuGNR fan, even without CD. Having Axl back looking and sounding great after 2002 gave us all a good warm feeling inside. We could say "We now believe even more" without sounding crazy. Maybe a little.

• Like 1

This wasn't the same show as the proshot LA show is it? It's been so long, I don't remember just right. If they are two seperate shows, how far a part were they? I know I had both of the proshot shows from that year on my hard drive at one time, as others had said, it was a pretty good time to be NUgnr fan.

This wasn't the same show as the proshot LA show is it? It's been so long, I don't remember just right. If they are two seperate shows, how far a part were they? I know I had both of the proshot shows from that year on my hard drive at one time, as others had said, it was a pretty good time to be NUgnr fan.

I'm assuming you're talking about Inland Invasion? That was about 3 months earlier.

If you weren't around then - this show was shot by a forum member who bought a $1000 HD video camera, snuck it into the venue, then filmed the show from behind a pillar while avoiding security guards.

It's amazing we have this show at all in such good quality - huge props to that dude.

Wow. so this is why the great video quality, thx for the info

This is one of my fav shows from 2006

Edited by Crash Diet

this has long been one of my favourite gigs and, as far as i see it, one of the most underrated as well.

Fucking awesome Robin solo

And IRS is just killer in general

back in 2006 i used to play the bootleg of IRS all the time. it's one of the best ever. maybe the best.

i think this was one of frank's first gigs with the band, btw.

I think my favorite performance from the show is Think About You. The multiple lead guitars sound really good on it and Izzy's really swaggin' out during the song.

he is worse at guitar than hitler was at not slaughtering millions of innocent people.

:lol:

Edited by bacardimayne

Watch this fucking concert and you'll understand why I insist so much saying that Axl and the band nowadays are not even close to being great, or good.... or listenable.... Axl's voice was PERFECT, his looks were cool for a guy his age. BBF was still learning how not to shred at every chance but still good. Robin was awesome, really awesome, specially on the new songs. It was a good time to be a nuGNR fan, even without CD. Having Axl back looking and sounding great after 2002 gave us all a good warm feeling inside. We could say "We now believe even more" without sounding crazy. Maybe a little.

AGREED with everything you said there, anyone who thinks the current band are on top form right now need to watch this performance! Great energy from the band, Axl sounded better than he had for years and Robin was really on it! Also, I much preferred BBF when he used Les Pauls, much better tone than the Vigiers guitars he uses now. Love these gigs of the week :)

• Like 1

I'm assuming you're talking about Inland Invasion? That was about 3 months earlier.

yes that's the one.