GN'R @ Gibson Amphitheatre, LA - December 20, 2006

Just reminds me of how I had just become a GN'R fan and whilst this was not Guns to me, Axl Rose was rising like a phoenix from the ashes and keeping me engrossed in the wait for Chinese Democracy.

How times have changed. I mean seriously how the fuck did he go from that to his awful look in 2010? And after 2011...

How times have changed. I mean seriously how the fuck did he go from that to his awful look in 2010?

I love some of those 2010 jackets, man...

b8d08aaxl301x464p.jpg

PD38471739_GUNS-N-_1705184c.jpg

article-0-0AF570F8000005DC-135_468x316.j

On topic, this show is definitely in the Top 5 nuGNR shows. That IRS is phenomenal, shame they didn't do TWAT that night.

• Like 1

I think my favorite performance from the show is Think About You. The multiple lead guitars sound really good on it and Izzy's really swaggin' out during the song.

he is worse at guitar than hitler was at not slaughtering millions of innocent people.

:lol:
StradlinSwag?

2006 was hand's down the best year for NuGNR. Axl looked great. Sounded great. Band was tight. New Songs. Massive tours. Love seeing this band from that tour.

He still had the mojo back then...........now compare it to today..........Axl got old fast didn't he?

I was there, and at night 1. Sorry OP, you're incorrect in that Axl was NOT this solid for all of 2006 (you say "back when he could go with the best of them"). He built up to this performance. He was of course much better than 2002 and yeah it'd be great if every show these days was this good, but that's not how it works. Very few singers in this vocal range are that consistent from night to night. They're human.

Does he sound this stellar these days? Not quite even on his best night. But it's eight years later, and although I haven't been there myself yet, I'd imagine 52 is at least slightly different than 44 for this type of singing style and stage performance. He was also in better physical shape then. He's getting there lately, and viola, his voice is also getting way better.

So yeah, I agree this show was quite awesome, but let's not get carried away with some myth that this was the norm standard at one point. The guy has some killer shows, and some very not killer shows. I'd imagine it's what comes with this type of material, doing very lengthly sets, and staying in the original keys unlike the majority of high screaming singers his age.

Edited by MarlaHooch

Yea this was by far the best show that year maybe in all "nu-gnr" history.. I was there what a night didnt get home til 4:30am .. Went to the 2 shows before that night but this was special.. Also kroq inland invasion was pretty awesome ! The envirorment was dangerous & it was my first gnr show