The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one understands that. Translate to American, please.

Not a language. Sorry mate.

Hoping for penalties, there's something about two teams slugging it out for 120 minutes and it all coming down to who misses from the penalty spot.

I don't think I'll be able to take that, emotionally. Edited by username

Map of how Brazil-Germany played out on Twitter (became the most-tweeted about sporting event ever with 35.6 million tweets, passing last year's Super Bowl which had 24.9 million): http://cartodb.com/v/worldcup/match/?TC=x&vis=31ed2e2a-06ce-11e4-8c1d-0e230854a1cb&h=t&t=Brazil,FFCC00|Germany,B40903&m=7%2F8%2F2014%2017:00:00%20GMT,7%2F8%2F2014%2018:52:00GMT&g=108|11,23,24,26,29,87,97#/2/-17.5/-5.6/0

Think I'll go with Holland 2-1 in extra time.

Just one thing: Argentina didn't struggle with penalties on any ocassion, neither they were about to be kicked out of the WC like Holland was.

But let's see. Soccer is a battlefield.

Im going 3-1 Argentina Aguero and Messi to score

Agüero not confirmed to play today. Maybe as a replacement but I doubt it.

Just one thing: Argentina didn't struggle with penalties on any ocassion, neither they were about to be kicked out of the WC like Holland was.

Thing about that is, we know Holland can handle it. But what happens if Argentina fall behind? That's uncharted territory for them.

Thing about that is, we know Holland can handle it. But what happens if Argentina fall behind? That's uncharted territory for them.

Can't respond to that.... I think most of this has to do with the head.... Like yesterday with Brazil.. that result cannot happen again. Something inside those players scalated so quickly that it demoralized them in the first 20 minutes. LOL, I know it was so many goals by Germany, but I mean... only your head can take you to a place where you just cover your head and wait to die. There was no reaction from them. It paralized them.

Really don't know how Argentina will handle Holland.. they had good and average matches throughout the tournament. Last one, I think they played good. Now I dont know... it's all inside their heads and how convinced they are they can win.

I don't dare to predict anything because I'm still shocked from yesterday. Not even in my wildest dreams I thought Brazil could get beaten down like that, even though I knew they were going to lose.

robbengif.gif

Robben will win a penalty by doing that this time since he's running out of creative dives.

I hope they don't put Messi defending again... last match he committed LOADS of fouls.... it would be a shit if he's kicked out because of something stupid like that.