The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to expect in the final regardless of whether Argentina/Holland make it through. Neither of those sides have the best defences in the world either.

Messi is going to have to do something spectacular if Argentina make that final. As for Holland, I've seen too many Holland sides screw up when it really matters and I'm only 26.

I don't think Holland/Spain was really telling either, the defending champions screwing up at the start of a tournament is nothing new and neither is the Dutch starting strong only to fade i.e Euro 2008.

I'm not sure what to expect in the final regardless of whether Argentina/Holland make it through. Neither of those sides have the best defences in the world either.

Messi is going to have to do something spectacular if Argentina make that final. As for Holland, I've seen too many Holland sides screw up when it really matters and I'm only 26.

I don't think Holland/Spain was really telling either, the defending champions screwing up at the start of a tournament is nothing new and neither is the Dutch starting strong only to fade i.e Euro 2008.

I want us to make up for 1978 (lost the final against Argentina) and 1974 (lost the final to Germany). But it's going to be very very hard. Messi is (in my opinion) the best footballer alive right now and always very dangerous. That said, the rest of Argentina isn't that great. Definitely not unbeatable if we play well, but like you said we have this habit to screw up when it matters. Germany has been very strong, great team. Going to very very difficult for either us or Argentina to beat.

I want us to make up for 1978 (lost the final against Argentina) and 1974 (lost the final to Germany). But it's going to be very very hard. Messi is (in my opinion) the best footballer alive right now and always very dangerous. That said, the rest of Argentina isn't that great. Definitely not unbeatable if we play well, but like you said we have this habit to screw up when it matters. Germany has been very strong, great team. Going to very very difficult for either us or Argentina to beat.

You could just pull a Zuniga and take out Argentina's star player. Even if the player who did that got sent off, a 10-man Netherlands could beat a Messi-less Argentina.

Not that that would be terribly sporting, but...

I love Messi too much as a footballer to do that.

Then again, I heard Nigel de Jong is fit enough to play again. And we all saw what he did to Xabi Alonso 4 years ago. That match and especially that kick made me feel horribly ashamed of our national team.

Edited by username

I love Messi as much as a footballer to do that.

Then again, I heard Nigel de Jong is fit enough to play again. And we all saw what he did to Xabi Alonso 4 years ago. That match and especially that kick made me feel horribly ashamed of our national team.

Yeah, I don't think I could take pride in a team who play dirty to win, but there are some fans who want the players to do whatever it takes.