DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul Available Now

Gordon Comstock

The only way I can see this being remotely successful is if it runs along the LPJ, Special, and Studio line of Les Pauls to give people a cheaper alternative. Thats the only thing I can think of

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gibson-dj-ashba-limited-edition-signature-model-overview-sweetwater-at-winter-namm-2014/

I don't feel like going to find it right now, but there's a behind the scenes video with DJ and his tech and DJ basically said "two volume knobs on a Les Paul were too complicated for me so I had him just put a killswitch there" while his tech stands next to him with a "jesus fucking christ i can't believe i work for this guy" look on his face.

Is it this? 7: 40 is so cringy

The only person that can get away with guitar mutilation on this level is EVH... jesus christ this video is bad :lol:

The only way I can see this being remotely successful is if it runs along the LPJ, Special, and Studio line of Les Pauls to give people a cheaper alternative. Thats the only thing I can think of

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gibson-dj-ashba-limited-edition-signature-model-overview-sweetwater-at-winter-namm-2014/

I don't feel like going to find it right now, but there's a behind the scenes video with DJ and his tech and DJ basically said "two volume knobs on a Les Paul were too complicated for me so I had him just put a killswitch there" while his tech stands next to him with a "jesus fucking christ i can't believe i work for this guy" look on his face.

Is it this? 7: 40 is so cringy

The only person that can get away with guitar mutilation on this level is EVH... jesus christ this video is bad :lol:

Yeah, that's the one. Woof. Never has :facepalm: been so appropriate.

Jesus christ, on Chinese Democracy he needed Gibson to put lights on the guitar so he knows what to play

The riff is literally 3 chords, you don't need to see wtf

WHOA WHOA WAIT A SEC

DIRECT QUOTE- "The reason I didn't play Les Pauls for so many years is because I grew up learning on a guitar with one volume knob, so Les Pauls for me didn't really make sense because you know this would be on and this would be off"

That is literally the stupidest shit I have ever heard.

I don't hate DJ, but it is clear he is a performer/entertainer and not really a musician. He even isn't terrible at guitar, believe it or not, but it is clear he knows nothing. Les Pauls are complicated to play because they have 2 volume knobs... get the fuck outta here!

• Like 2

personally I like it that way, 1 Volume is a bit easier than 2, heck even buckethead has a similar setup

Bucket-Head-LP.jpg

Yeah, but that is Bucket. He also didn't keep the lead/thythem label on the top. It doesn't matter, it just bothers me :lol:

I played the Bucket signature model, its really neat actually

Edited by ZoSoRose

I really can't see any market for these. Nobody in their right mind would buy it; even at the same price as a Standard.

I guess Gibson bets on #demented and rich people.

Standard? Psh, those are about 3 grand now. This has to be studio level TOPS, and even then this is ridiculous. This should be an Epiphone guitar like Tommy Thayer's and be 700 bucks, 500 ideally

I really can't see any market for these. Nobody in their right mind would buy it; even at the same price as a Standard.

I guess Gibson bets on #demented and rich people.

Standard? Psh, those are about 3 grand now. This has to be studio level TOPS, and even then this is ridiculous. This should be an Epiphone guitar like Tommy Thayer's and be 700 bucks, 500 ideally

Yeah but Gibson normal models are always so expebsive its a joke, and don't get me started on signature models. What I meant was that even priced as a normal Les Paul Standard, this guitar would be too fucking expensive.

i guess anyone can get one now.

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger have signature guitars too.

holy shit.

Chad Kroeger is probably the most successful rock musician of the 2000s. How is this surprising?

Judging by commercial success, Chad and Avril having signature guitars makes sense of course. Still doesn't stop me to react with a "holy shit".

holy shit.

Chad Kroeger is probably the most successful rock musician of the 2000s. How is this surprising?

Surely you jest.

holy shit.

Surely you jest.

What?

Surely, you jest.