DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul Available Now

Gordon Comstock

Why would they give DJ his own if he wasn't relevant and unknown?

This. Yet Slash fanboys are going to completely ignore that

I believe Slash's version was actually produced in bulk and readily available (i.e. In-stock in stores/online)

A very large number of guitarists have sig guitars but they are only available on special order (i.e. Manufactured on request).

If Billy Joe Armstrong and Chad Kroeger can get one made...

Billie Joe is in Green Day. They are pretty popular. Nickelback might be more popular. I'd say the demand for their guitars would be slightly more than Dj Ashba. I've known of him since Beautiful Creatures thanks to Metal Edge/Sludge but the average music fan probably has no idea who he is. Some musicians may have heard of him but I don't think Ashba is making any top guitarists lists other than those made by kids on Mygnrforum.

The ONLY way I can see this selling is if it is offered as an alternative to a Studio or Tribute. It offers an alternative to an already small market of "budget" Gibson Les Pauls. Kind of like the old Jimmy Vaughan and Buddy Guy Stratocasters by Fender

Nice that it has Duncan pickup and Grover tuners so there is some quality parts there.....Like I said wait until Gibson sells the half a dozen to the handful of Ashba fans and discontinue it and you will be able to pick one up on nice discount and have part of it refinished to get rid of the dopey Ashba symbol..change out the truss rod cover and it would be a decent looking and playing guitar............... :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

• 5 months later...

The only way I can see this being remotely successful is if it runs along the LPJ, Special, and Studio line of Les Pauls to give people a cheaper alternative. Thats the only thing I can think of

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gibson-dj-ashba-limited-edition-signature-model-overview-sweetwater-at-winter-namm-2014/

Edited by ZoSoRose

The only way I can see this being remotely successful is if it runs along the LPJ, Special, and Studio line of Les Pauls to give people a cheaper alternative. Thats the only thing I can think of

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gibson-dj-ashba-limited-edition-signature-model-overview-sweetwater-at-winter-namm-2014/

I don't feel like going to find it right now, but there's a behind the scenes video with DJ and his tech and DJ basically said "two volume knobs on a Les Paul were too complicated for me so I had him just put a killswitch there" while his tech stands next to him with a "jesus fucking christ i can't believe i work for this guy" look on his face.