DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul Available Now

Gordon Comstock

i guess anyone can get one now.

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger have signature guitars too.

holy shit.

Chad Kroeger is probably the most successful rock musician of the 2000s. How is this surprising?

Surely you jest.

What?

Surely, you jest.

I don't. Name a rock musician who's been more successful than Chad and Nickelback since the turn of the century.

(inb4 Nobody puts baby in a corner legacy acts that do nothing but tour)

Edited by bacardimayne

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

personally I like it that way, 1 Volume is a bit easier than 2, heck even buckethead has a similar setup

Bucket-Head-LP.jpg

Well that's an informed decision, as opposed to DJ's "fuck man, swag, I don't get two volume knobs, that's like twice as many knobs."

holy shit.

Chad Kroeger is probably the most successful rock musician of the 2000s. How is this surprising?

Surely you jest.

What?

Surely, you jest.

I don't. Name a rock musician who's been more successful than Chad and Nickelback since the turn of the century.

Since you included Nickelback.... Radiohead, Green Day, SOAD, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, White Stripes, Blink 182, Disturbed, Slipknot, Korn..... I can keep going. Nickelback is complete garbage.

holy shit.

Surely you jest.

What?

Surely, you jest.

Since you included NIckelback.... Radiohead, Green Day, SOAD, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, White Stripes, Blink 182, Disturbed, Slipknot, Korn..... I can keep going. Nickelback is complete garbage.

Cardi, is this what you want?

• Like 1

Since you included Nickelback.... Radiohead, Green Day, SOAD, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, White Stripes, Blink 182, Disturbed, Slipknot, Korn..... I can keep going. Nickelback is complete garbage.

You really going to try and tell me with a straight face that Blink 182 has had a more successful 2000s than Nickelback?

And some of those bands are much, much worse than Nickelback. Namely 30STM, Blink 182, Disturbed, Slipknot and Korn.

The only ones you could make serious arguments for, success wise would be Green Day (American Idiot was massive, but not much else) and RHCP. Maybe Foo Fighters, but it'd have to be convincing.

30 seconds to mars first album is one of the best of the 2000s. It shits all over Nickelback's entire career. Same for Slipknot and Korn. Not sure who's more successful but damn sure Nickelback is one of the shittiest bands of all time.

30STM is the most whiny, unbearable shit I've ever listened to. Jared Leto should stick to acting. Slipknot and Korn are just facepaint-metal. Nickelback have about 4 good songs that shit all over the careers of those 3 bands combined, plus Disturbed.

Slipknot's Subliminal Verses and All Hope is Gone are far superior to Nickelback, but I can take or leave Slipknot's early stuff, Nickelback aren't a bad band compared to many trend bands, at least their early stuff wasn't, their first record is enjoyable. If we're talking success wise they shit over everyone but we all know success don't equate to superior but then we all know superiority is subjective with art...

You really going to try and tell me with a straight face that Blink 182 has had a more successful 2000s than Nickelback?

And some of those bands are much, much worse than Nickelback. Namely 30STM, Blink 182, Disturbed, Slipknot and Korn.

The only ones you could make serious arguments for, success wise would be Green Day (American Idiot was massive, but not much else) and RHCP. Maybe Foo Fighters, but it'd have to be convincing.

Nickelback.... a band that got booed off stage and had rocks thrown at them for being so shit, is a better ROCK band than Slipknot or Korn? Both of those bands have gigantic followings. Disturbed? Meh I guess. Blink 182 I can agree with because I don't really care for them too much, but they've achieved waaaay more success than Nickelback could ever hope to. Travis has more talent in one arm than Chad has in his entire body.

Yes. Slipknot and Korn are fucking horrendous. Not a single redeeming thing about anything they've ever done. Don't care if their sweaty metal fanbase don't throw rocks at them. They are among the worst bands to ever exist.

Nickelback is just simple pop rock, but they've been hugely successful with it. From the How You Remind Me album to the Rockstar album, they were basically the rock Katy Perry.

Say what you will about Slipknot and Korn but both bands have put on some of the best live performances i've ever seen. Slipknots energy was fucking insane. All about preference I guess, but hey man, if you're into the rock version of Katy Perry, that's on you. :lol:

Yes. Slipknot and Korn are fucking horrendous. Not a single redeeming thing about anything they've ever done. Don't care if their sweaty metal fanbase don't throw rocks at them. They are among the worst bands to ever exist.

Nickelback is just simple pop rock, but they've been hugely successful with it. From the How You Remind Me album to the Rockstar album, they were basically the rock Katy Perry.

Sorry, but even I think Follow The Leader is leagues ahead of anything Nickelback have ever done. I'm no Korn fan, but at least they had some originality at one point.

Nickelback are indefensible. Easily one of the most bland, homogenous bands in history.

On topic: The guitar looks surprisingly tasteful. I like it.

Say what you will about Slipknot and Korn but both bands have put on some of the best live performances i've ever seen. Slipknots energy was fucking insane. All about preference I guess, but hey man, if you're into the rock version of Katy Perry, that's on you. :lol:

Did I say I was into it? It's shit with sprinkles in it vs. shit marinated in shittier shit.

Will get no love on a GNR forum but I love Blink 182. They were a large part of my formative years.

However the premise of Nickelback's success is a solid one, I think they sold more albums in the 00's than any other rock band. I wouldn't argue Nickelback is any good but I won't deny their commercial success, enough so where a signature guitar is profitable.

Blink are legends in the pop punk genre, and Mark Hoppus does have a sick bass tone. Worth a signature.

A7X wins every bull shit metal magazine award there is every year they put out an album. And in fairness city of evil was one of the best guitar albums of the decade. Worth a sig guitar.

But commercially, as much as I love blink, Nickelback has sold a stupid number of albums and you don't realize it. They're a band where they have millions of fans but I've never met one.

• Like 1

A7X wins every bull shit metal magazine award there is every year they put out an album. And in fairness city of evil was one of the best guitar albums of the decade. Worth a sig guitar.

The records City Of Evil, Nightmare and Hail To The King are very good records imo, the guitarists can actually play, Shadows is one of the closest things to Axl we've got these days, the songs are pretty interesting and they have their own sound despite the amount of casual trend fans they entice, they're probably not as innovative as the accolades they get but they're a very solid offering and this is from a huge GNR/Metallica fan, they definitely rip them off occasionally but it's better than a lot of the stuff that's filled the 'popular' side of the rock/metal charts in the last ten years.

Edited by RandallFlagg

The killswitch is where the treble/rhythm is supposed to be and the toggle is on the bottom... what? But hey, I'd play it if someone gave it to me.

personally I like it that way, 1 Volume is a bit easier than 2, heck even buckethead has a similar setupBucket-Head-LP.jpg

Well that's an informed decision, as opposed to DJ's "fuck man, swag, I don't get two volume knobs, that's like twice as many knobs."

beautiful guitar.awsome!