DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul Available Now

Gordon Comstock

:lol:

no matter how artsy fartsy you wanted your album to be axl, it's value is 1,99. and be thankful for that.

Actually, it's no longer $1.99. New price is 99 cents at Dollar Tree stores. :axl:

AFDemo wil have the same fate, I guess.

I have to say I'm baffled by Gibson's decision to give him a signature Les Paul. An Epiphone I could maybe understand, I mean the Epiphone Tommy Thayer models did pretty well, judging from comments on the internet many non KISS fans bought them for the finish and the Gibson hardware. Have to admit I was contemplating getting one for the same reasons - it looked like a great guitar and it was relatively affordable as well. That guitar did attract a lot of flak though and in some ways I agree with the criticism but in Tommy's defence he has played on two KISS studio records (three if you include Psycho Circus).

An Ashba Gibson on the other hand makes zero sense to me. The guy really isn't that famous - I mean other than die hard GN'R and Crue fans who really knows who he is? I know he has his own fanbase but that seems to be primarily young girls who I doubt have thousands of pounds/dollars to spend on a guitar. It's also not a nice looking guitar (at least to my eyes). I think an Epiphone could have done well as it has features the stock models don't such as the killswitch but if I wanted a Gibson with a killswitch I'd go for the Bucket model as it's a lot nicer looking. I also find it odd that they're making this guitar on the strength of his work with Guns when the guy hasn't even played on one officially released song. I mean I know the lack of new music isn't his fault but still... It'll be interesting to see how well these sell.

Honestly, I do not get the argument that he is not popular enough for a signature Gibson. They fucking gave Sammy Hagar a signature guitar.

Also I think the mods on his guitar make perfect sense for playing GNR and it is hypocritical to give him shit for those, considering Robin and Richard move the pickup switches on their LPs too and Ron has a killswitch.

However, I still would not buy it because it is a fucking DJ Ashba guitar :lol:

• 1 month later...

LPDJAAGBC1-Hero-2.jpg

Through his work as a solo artist and stints with Beautiful Creatures, Mötley Crüe, Sixx:A.M and Guns N’ Roses, DJ Ashba has forged a reputation as one of the hardest-rocking guitarists on the scene today. In addition to his incendiary riffs and artful songwriting, DJ’s unique style has helped to set him apart from a heated crowd. The DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul is a guitar that brings it all to the party for looks, playing feel, and utterly scorching tone. With unique graphics on a satin Charcoal Gray finish with black plastics and binding, sleek playability, DJ’s choice of hot Seymour Duncan pickups, and versatile wiring mods, this guitar is primed to get you seen and heard.

The DJ Ashba Les Paul kicks off with a foundation of select tonewoods: a carved maple top and weight-relieved mahogany body for an easy hang and enhanced resonance. The glued-in maple neck is carved to a super-slick profile that measures .800” at the 1st fret and .875” at the 12th, and its Grade-A rosewood fingerboard has a compound radius of 10”–16” to take you from comfortable chording down low to slick soloing and bending up at the top. A rich Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro humbucker in the neck position and a sizzling-hot JB in the bridge provide all the smolder and burn, while modified wiring with a kill switch in the normal pickup selector toggle location, a master volume, two independent tone controls with different cap values, and a three-way selector provide unbridled sonic versatility. Finish it off with gloss-black racing stripes and DJ Ashba graphic, black Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, and a hot-stamped ASHBA truss-rod cover, and the DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul is taking no prisoners. The guitar comes protected in a silver hardshell case with Ashba and Gibson logos, and includes a truss-rod wrench and owner’s manual, as well as Gibson’s Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DJ-Ashba-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

Congrats DJ!

Not to slag him or whatever but how does Matt heafy receive a Epiphone signature while Dj Ashba gets a les paul straight away? Trivium have been around for ages and have millions of fans, they are all over the guitar magazines... Dj is famous because of Guns, but he isn't really known as a guitar player when you compare him to guys like Matt or even people in his own band.

Congrats to him, but I hope this pushes him to actually pick his guitar up when he's not on stage... which he doesn't seem to be doing right now.

DJ just said that on gibson.com

I would like to thank Henry, Frank, Patrick and everyone else at Gibson Guitars. You guys have truly crafted in my opinion the ultimate Gibson Signature Les Paul from the head to the toe with nothing but quality craftsmanship and flawless precision! Thanks guys I am seriosly blown away and beyond honored.

Are you fuckin' kidding me? $2700 base price? That means it'll be like $2000 and will compete with Classics and Traditionals. Fuck off, Gibson!

This should be an Epiphone and at most, a studio or LPJ alternative. Who the hell will buy it?

Edited by ZoSoRose