DJ Ashba Signature Les Paul Available Now

Gordon Comstock

Not to slag him or whatever but how does Matt heafy receive a Epiphone signature while Dj Ashba gets a les paul straight away? Trivium have been around for ages and have millions of fans, they are all over the guitar magazines... Dj is famous because of Guns, but he isn't really known as a guitar player when you compare him to guys like Matt or even people in his own band.

Congrats to him, but I hope this pushes him to actually pick his guitar up when he's not on stage... which he doesn't seem to be doing right now.

Heafy is a pretty good guitarist, he was 19 when Ascendancy was released, ninefuckingteen lol. Shogun is my fave record, the guy's not even 30 yet.

Yes Ashba is successful but not cause he's particular great at guitar, he's alright and knows how to exaggerate his stature with social media.

If people buy those expensive swag jeans they will flock to the guitar. Whatever, don't really agree with the guy having a signature guitar relevant to how little he has done with the instrument but he's not too much of an atrocious player in perspective, I'm sure there's a lot worse guys who have crappy clotheslines and their own guitar range.

If people buy those expensive swag jeans they will flock to the guitar. Whatever, don't really agree with the guy having a signature guitar relevant to how little he has done with the instrument but he's not too much of an atrocious player in perspective, I'm sure there's a lot worse guys who have crappy clotheslines and their own guitar range.

To be fair he seems to be succeeding where Avril and Madonna have failed.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/08/the-10-worst-celebrity-fashion-collaborations/

Actually once you start googling there are a massive amount of failed celeb clothing lines. The above list is the tip of the iceberg. Guess none of them Instagrammed or hashtagged enough.

Does it come with a mechanical finger that zips out and auto-corrects offensive string bending?

I could see it taking your perfectly in tune bends that you've practiced all your life to do well, and making them sour by default no matter what you do.

This thread might as well be closed, there is little to say that's positive about Ashba's playing that would warrant him having a signature guitar and even if you say he's an adequate player who is capable of about five good solos until he runs out of options due to his imitations, limitations and refusal to actually focus on developing as a musician beneficial to Guns N' Roses standards, it's the end of what's good about him in a guitar discussion.

Other than Ashba's typically gaudy asthetics, the guitar looks pretty cool. I mean, it's a Gibson Les Paul for Christsakes, how bad can it be? Also, I'm a sucker for a kill switch. Like someone else said, varnish over Ashba's name on the neck and you've probably got quite a nice little guitar.

Edited by Towelie

It's not an offensive looking guitar. I'm quite surprised it doesn't have any #demented vampire imagery to appeal to the Hot Topic crowd. I'd buy it over Ron's cheese monstrosities any day and just sand out the word "Ashba".

That said, it says a lot about the state of rock when DJ Ashba is considered an ambassador for the genre worthy of a custom guitar line from the most reputable brand in the business.

Edited by bacardimayne

Other than Ashba's typically gaudy asthetics, the guitar looks pretty cool. I mean, it's a Gibson Les Paul for Christsakes, how bad can it be? Also, I'm a sucker for a kill switch. Like someone else said, varnish over Ashba's name on the neck and you've probably got quite a nice little guitar.

Bolded your answer. Gibson is so up their ass about their own reputation that they've let their QC slip, cheap out of materials, and keep raising prices. They finally pulled their heads out with their X line, but my Korean LTD 1000 plays light years ahead of my 2 Gibsons that I have.