From Breakdown

"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
I've come to know the cold
I think of it as home
When there ain't enough of me
To go around
I'd rather be left alone"

What does he mean by the cold and the wire?

And what does he mean "when there aibt enough of me to go around, I'd rather be left alone"?

Can someone shed some light?

Feel free to post any lyrics you'd like explaining

I see "the cold" as depression and "the wire" as the high of the shows. so it's like the touring/partying is the high and comedown is "the cold". And everyone warms themselves with something when they get home to make up for being off tour and depressed? coming back to reality type of thing but then they go "back out on the run" on tour maybe. Axl might be saying he just handles the depression now, he's used to it, it's like home. He thinks love should take you higher?

Don't think anyone has said much about this song?

From Breakdown

"We all come in from the cold

We come down from the wire

I've come to know the cold

I think of it as home

When there ain't enough of me

To go around

I'd rather be left alone"

What does he mean by the cold and the wire?

And what does he mean "when there aibt enough of me to go around, I'd rather be left alone"?

Can someone shed some light?

Feel free to post any lyrics you'd like explaining

Both terms mean to return from/after a period of solitude.

Edited by Mysteron

The same as every single Axl lyric, post 1989: ''oh Steph, I am broken and mad. You broke my heart'' blah blah. Wish he would get back to writing rock n' roll lyrics.

What's that even mean? "rock n' roll" lyrics? what are the themes? are there more topics to explore there for Axl, that Guns didn't already touched on with Appetite, Lies, and Illusions?

Axl said "I'm not on the Nightrain anymore".

The wire could be the kinda socially active/endlessly living in a circle of folk and not having time nor space to reflect on what's cluttering up the backlogged reservoir your keep a fence around so ya can function for a while without having to dip into that dark pool, the wire like birds chilling on a telephone pole or whatever, just doing the day to day grind and getting through without taking a look in the mirror or whatever.

The wire could be the kinda socially active/endlessly living in a circle of folk and not having time nor space to reflect on what's cluttering up the backlogged reservoir your keep a fence around so ya can function for a while without having to dip into that dark pool, the wire like birds chilling on a telephone pole or whatever, just doing the day to day grind and getting through without taking a look in the mirror or whatever.

There is a saying 'to come down from the wire', and it means generally the same as 'to come in from the cold'.

I am not sure dipping in dark pools or birds chilling on telephone poles has anything to do with anything.

I know the expression, I am merely stating my mental imagery that drifts along with the track, it most likely has a root in that but I like the other connotations also, I get several narratives with many of Axl's meanders.

There is a saying 'to come down from the wire', and it means generally the same as 'to come in from the cold'.

I am not sure dipping in dark pools or birds chilling on telephone poles has anything to do with anything.

The same as every single Axl lyric, post 1989: ''oh Steph, I am broken and mad. You broke my heart'' blah blah. Wish he would get back to writing rock n' roll lyrics.

He wrote all the lyrics to the Illusions before he even met Stephanie.

Nice try though, please play again.

• Like 1

Sorry, 'Erin' then. I was rather confused on which was, 'the cat litter tray girl'?

I thought that was Steph.

I think you have me confused with a nutter. Sorry your trolling doesn't work on me. Honestly it doesn't appear to work on anyone. Its good to see that you keep trying so hard though.

• Like 1