Will your opinion of Duff change if he joins Nu-GNR?

I would wonder why Duff would want to become a Brazilian's gimp.

Got a lot to gain. Money, bigger crowds, and he seemed to love playing for/with Axl again. He even played Chinese tunes. Axl talked about them completing each other's sentences idk something gay. I think Axl only now is really letting Duff in. Into the new Gn'R circle. In 2010 it wasn't the same when Duff played You Could Be Mine with him. He gave a great vocal performance but almost in defiance to Duff's presence as much as because of it. To prove something, but now that he did, there's a chance here imo for more. I'm talking studio work and Duff might helping Axl out in the studio with a few songs. He can make it sound even more Gn'R.

So you are expecting a man who was virtually on par with W. Axl Rose in terms of power and influence of classic gnr, to enter a Vegas freak show operated by a Brazilian nanny? You are expecting a creative and prolific guy like Duff (nine albums, with various set ups, since 1993) to join the most uncreative and unprolific band ever? You are expecting Duff, an outspoken man, to put up with the sort of, 'toeing the party line', bullshit exercised by every nugnr member (but Bumblefoot)?

PS

Nugnr's so called 'bigger crowds' are declining faster than, judicial integrity at the Pistorius trial. They even failed to sell out recently in that famous cash cow, lo and behold, Brazil - of all places!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

I would start to expect much more from GnR if he joined... I would still think was ridiculously cool regardless of joining or not joining. I think it's a bit unlikely, certainly much more likely than 10yrs ago but I don't think Duff would want to go full time with the band again.

I'd rather Duff stay with something that coerces him into making new music.

I'm sure that 15 year-old demo outtake of "Thyme" that's been re-recorded, mixed, and mastered thirty times is totally sweet -- but something tells me anything whatever happens in Axl's studio ends up like Prince's music.

• Like 1

It would be cool to have a Duff bass rumble on the opening track of The next record like RNDTH.

If Dj brings in his classic sounding GNR tunes, Duff plays bass, Fortus gives it some Izzy, Axl contributes some of his material it could be a GNR self titled album.

Edited by wasted

In 1999 Duff was interviewed by Hard Force Magazine & here are some of his answers.

"I went out for dinner with Axl & I told him: enough is enough. This band is a dictatorship & I don't see myself playing under those conditions. Find someone else."

Why did Axl become so egomaniac & arrogant? "Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind. They kept telling him he was right. Some of them feared him cause they were scared they would lose their jobs. It's as simple as that. I don't want to do anything that goes against what I am now. I'm honest with myself & with the people surrounding me. Had I stayed with Axl, I would have acted against my personality and nothing worse could ever happen to me. In this story, the real losers are the fans, Unfortunately."

So you're not friends with Axl any more? "Yes I am, but it doesn't mean we agree on everything. We've been thinking to much about this band. We've been teenagers together, we became adults together. Nobody can ask me not to be a friend anymore with my brother. But he's got a problem: to many people around him confusing his mind. To be honest , he probably doesn't live in the same world as you or me."

I think if Duff did rejoin GN'R he would lose some credibility as the band is still run in the same way and he clearly stated that he would have to act against his own personality to be a member of this band. I believe that Duff was just helping an old friend out when he filled in for Tommy and lost no credibility what so ever. If Duff ever does come back I believe it will be with the other original members & any decisions will be made as a band and not just based on what Axl wants.

• Like 2

Maybe he just accepted reality, Axls not going to change and it's partly the line of work they are in.

It was funny, a civilian just saw my computer open on GNR Wikipedia page.

Exact quote: I can't believe you are reading their bio, aren't they dead?!

Hello fucking hell!!!

As much as some people think this would ruin Duffs rep I think he is GNR and should be welcomed back by the real fans.

My thoughts exactly. Having any old members return, Gilby and Sorum included, would not or could not be a bad thing imo.

Please, no...Just no. If there's gonna be reunion with Sorum and Gilby (SIC!!!!), then I'd prefer no reunion at all...Actually, I'd feel like someone spits me in the face

.Are all fans 15 years old, who cares only about seeing Axl and Slash together ?

Fuck You, Gilby's awesome.

I would wonder why Duff would want to become a Brazilian's gimp.

Got a lot to gain. Money, bigger crowds, and he seemed to love playing for/with Axl again. He even played Chinese tunes. Axl talked about them completing each other's sentences idk something gay. I think Axl only now is really letting Duff in. Into the new Gn'R circle. In 2010 it wasn't the same when Duff played You Could Be Mine with him. He gave a great vocal performance but almost in defiance to Duff's presence as much as because of it. To prove something, but now that he did, there's a chance here imo for more. I'm talking studio work and Duff might helping Axl out in the studio with a few songs. He can make it sound even more Gn'R.

So you are expecting a man who was virtually on par with W. Axl Rose in terms of power and influence of classic gnr, to enter a Vegas freak show operated by a Brazilian nanny? You are expecting a creative and prolific guy like Duff (nine albums, with various set ups, since 1993) to join the most uncreative and unprolific band ever? You are expecting Duff, an outspoken man, to put up with the sort of, 'toeing the party line', bullshit exercised by every nugnr member (but Bumblefoot)?

PS

Nugnr's so called 'bigger crowds' are declining faster than, judicial integrity at the Pistorius trial. They even failed to sell out recently in that famous cash cow, lo and behold, Brazil - of all places!!

He would. You know he would. Totally would. Duff will do it if given the chance to do it. lol Brazil.

Edited by Rovim

In 1999 Duff was interviewed by Hard Force Magazine & here are some of his answers.

"I went out for dinner with Axl & I told him: enough is enough. This band is a dictatorship & I don't see myself playing under those conditions. Find someone else."

Why did Axl become so egomaniac & arrogant? "Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind. They kept telling him he was right. Some of them feared him cause they were scared they would lose their jobs. It's as simple as that. I don't want to do anything that goes against what I am now. I'm honest with myself & with the people surrounding me. Had I stayed with Axl, I would have acted against my personality and nothing worse could ever happen to me. In this story, the real losers are the fans, Unfortunately."

So you're not friends with Axl any more? "Yes I am, but it doesn't mean we agree on everything. We've been thinking to much about this band. We've been teenagers together, we became adults together. Nobody can ask me not to be a friend anymore with my brother. But he's got a problem: to many people around him confusing his mind. To be honest , he probably doesn't live in the same world as you or me."

I think if Duff did rejoin GN'R he would lose some credibility as the band is still run in the same way and he clearly stated that he would have to act against his own personality to be a member of this band. I believe that Duff was just helping an old friend out when he filled in for Tommy and lost no credibility what so ever. If Duff ever does come back I believe it will be with the other original members & any decisions will be made as a band and not just based on what Axl wants.

Duff seems to enjoy the bouncing around in different projects to not want to commit to one thing and joining GNR would take away from his ability to do that. He likes seeing his old buddies on occasion, but I'm sure part of him doesn't want to see Slash each and every day anymore, or Matt. If he spends a few weeks with them a year, he's happy.

DJ likes having his hands in different projects like Duff, but he committed to GNR. That could change depending what Nikki wants to do with Sixx: AM but I think he wants to keep working on photography after he's done with Motley Crue and keep his radio show going.

Maybe Axl did see himself as GNR but it still comes down to creative differences and not banding together and moving forward as a group. The tension that makes bands great can also result in turning on each other. I see something like putting each others songs down as a bigger deal than people may realize and that unwillingness to work together was down to Axl and Slash and the sides people took at the time. I don't see Paul Tobias as the "Yoko" but lines were drawn in the band after he did come in. Axl was so focused on courtrooms that he should have just shut things down sooner than later.

It was funny, a civilian just saw my computer open on GNR Wikipedia page.

Exact quote: I can't believe you are reading their bio, aren't they dead?!

The bad part is....He's pretty much right.

No. Guns N' Roses is very much alive, it's just a different incarnation. I mean, you know...it's the Axl Rose solo show but with the intent to make it sound Guns, and it has the fancy name on it and everything. Doesn't that count for something?

And if you have good taste and you like Chinese, CD ll is going to be released soon!

Edited by Rovim

Tommy revived GNR from the grave with his tight groove, style and melody.

GNR - forever referred to as the band that could have been. AKA dead.

Tommy is a fine bass player, but yeah, Axl's band or whatever you wanna call it is Gn'R. Chinese was an attempt to make a true Guns record, and I think it sounds like a modern, fucked up version of Guns. So it's like Fleetwood Mac in a way with both incarnations. (2 main ones anyway)

GNR may be alive to Brazilians and people that like emo-techno-grunge-rock, but the career of everyone in the band right now is just stagnant along with the band's direction for the future. GNR as a creative band or a true headliner is over. Everything is on the decline and even though they aren't technically "dead," they may as well be.

I'll put it like this:

If you encounter someone that acts surprised that GNR are still going, do you want to be the person to say "Yeah!....." and then proceed to tell them the long horror story of nu-gnr? You only end up with the same result as if the band really was done. No new music. Same tired show that isn't even a true nostalgic show. It's a show people grew bored with 2 years ago. No new music planned for the future. No communication from the band. Not even communication between all of the band members.

If GNR guest starred on the Walking Dead, they wouldn't make it to episode 2.

His bass playing has been so influential- that one time you can hear his bass on that Guns N Roses album nobody listens to has inspired a whole new wave of musicians.

Did you know he has been in GNR longer than Duff was? #1 bassist right there.

• Like 2

His bass playing has been so influential- that one time you can hear his bass on that Guns N Roses album nobody listens to has inspired a whole new wave of musicians.

Did you know he has been in GNR longer than Duff was? #1 bassist right there.

I don't know what is this Guns N' Roses band you guys are talking about. That band had their last performance in Argentina, 1993.

His quitting was accepting the reality that Axl wasn't going to change.

I think it was more not being able to deal with it under his condition too. But given time he sees his friend and the way things were and maybe it's not as crazy as then?

I think if Tommy, Fortus, Dj can handle multiple tours with Axl then Duff can do one. Okay so Axl might through a wobbly in there but you know this going in. Or you should.