Avengers: Age of Ultron

ZoSoRose

Thought it was pretty good, as with most of the Marvel films the witty banter was funny and the characters were likeable, I kept nodding off during the action sequences, though. Also thought James Spader's Ultron would have more screen time, his origin seemed to come out of nowhere. Would be interesting to see how a longer cut would play out, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience.

I think I might be suffering from Super Hero fatigue. I'm not even interested in seeing this. The Hulk bores the shit out of me. Thor seems to be a one trick pony. Captain America is boring.

I never bothered to watch Winter Soldier or GOTG. The new Batman and Suicide Squad movies don't interest me.

I think the only one that appeals to me is Age of Apocalypse.

I think I might be suffering from Super Hero fatigue. I'm not even interested in seeing this. The Hulk bores the shit out of me. Thor seems to be a one trick pony. Captain America is boring.

I never bothered to watch Winter Soldier or GOTG. The new Batman and Suicide Squad movies don't interest me.

Winter Soldier was surprisingly good, I liked how they had Captain America's traditional American views of liberty and justice for all clashing with the reality of the modern surveillance state. GOTG was OK, I thought it was trying too hard to be quirky sometimes, Batista was the highlight for me which I wasn't expecting.

Hulk is actually my favourite Avenger, but more as a solo character than an actual Avenger. I even love the Ang Lee film (moreso than the OK Ed Norton one). I thought Cap was boring until I saw the films but like I said, Winter Soldier is my favourite of the lot. I don't think the action sequences are as great as fanboys make them out to be, the CGI just wears on me and there were parts in the newest one where I felt like I was part of a non-interactive video game.

I recommend Guardians.

I don't care about the superhero movies either. I really don't care about DC's stuff, and out of the Marvel universe movies I've only seen Iron Man and Avengers to see what everybody was talking about I and they were just meh to me.

Guardians though is really fun and it's not exactly a superhero film, it's more like a space opera.

Watched this on Friday and well, it's fun. Not a big fan of those 'the world is ending in front of you but you're so badass you don't give a shit and even joke about it' scenes. But still, good fun. First movie was better. Loki is a cool character, Ultron looks cool but he's just a generic villain.

I thought it was okay, alot more action than the first film and heavy CGI. Opening sequence was less realistic than alot of modern video games, still cool though.

Didn't get the point of Ultron as a main villain seemed like a machine with a ridiculously bad plan. Nothing really happens either plot advancement wise except new characters for the next film.

Most logical moment of the film is when Hawkeye says to someone "you're afraid they don't really need me". Which is funny since they try to make it look like a guy with a "bow and arrow" look as useful as fucking Iron Man, Thor or Vision ect.

I'm super psyched for this, but its amazing what the combination of life and an impeding Star Wars film are doing to my levels of hype.

3 years ago all I could think about was the first Avengers movie. That was an event, and I went to the midnight showing. As soon as it ended, I could not stop thinking about it and a sequel. Its still a favorite movie, but here we are, 3 days from AoU and I am excited, but not OH MY GOD THIS WILL BE THE BEST ACTION MOVIE EVER excitement.

I think its a combination of life changes, disappointing reviews, and The Force Awakens (I am freaking out about that more than any form of media in my life)

EDIT- I'm actually really, really looking forward to Civil War and Infinity War, so maybe its the reviews that have lowered my expectations

Edited by ZoSoRose

It was ok, not bad, the first one was better, I dont know how it was better, not cause of Loki, but still I found the first one better, even this is good but somehow it loses grip in between, Captain America 1 and 2 were better than the Avengers in my opinion.

Guardians was my favorite so far. It's the only one I've seen in theaters and own the blu ray for.

The Winter Soldier was probably my second favorite and The First Avenger is second least favorite, The Incredible Hulk holds the position of my least favorite.

Edited by luciusfunk