LA weekly made a list of best drummers of all time

A total fucking wank of a list, how the fuck is Dave Grohl ahead of Buddy Rich? Quite frankly greasers get a fuckin' easy ride on this list, some of them have never demonstrated any kind of flair or subtlety behind and last and most importantly where the fuckin' hell is Ginger Baker cuz he could play circles around every last one of them.

Ginge is better than Moonie, better than Bonzo, better than every last person on that list. In fact you could probably ask the majority of em and they'd say Ginge was better. Total fuckin' joke of a list.

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 2

A total fucking wank of a list, how the fuck is Dave Grohl ahead of Buddy Rich? Quite frankly greasers get a fuckin' easy ride on this list, some of them have never demonstrated any kind of flair or subtlety behind and last and most importantly where the fuckin' hell is Ginger Baker cuz he could play circles around every last one of them.

Ginge is better than Moonie, better than Bonzo, better than every last person on that list. In fact you could probably ask the majority of em and they'd say Ginge was better. Total fuckin' joke of a list.

So this! !!!!!!!!!!

Toad is amazing, watched that vid like a 100 times and it still intrigues me. I expected him to be nr.1.

How can you make a list like that and not include him? It's ridiculous!

Edited by MB.

Shit list, full of technical crunchers from garbage metal bands (David Lombardo!!). No list without Dj Fontana or Mitch Mitchell on it is even worth entertaining. I do agree with Charlie Watts's high standing mind. He is infinitely superior to Bonham, as is Moonie.

Dave Grohl really shouldn't be that high. He's incredibly overrated as a drummer. Fun to listen to and watch play but nothing ground breaking.

That shouldn't be a detractor though, groundbreaking is an overrated category, just because someone invents something doesn't make them instantly good.