Slash and Myles play "Double Talking Jive" last night in Amsterdam

KeyserSoze

Slash: I don't know where that idea [with the classical guitar solo] came from. It popped into my head, and I picked up a real nice Spanish guitar, which I kept. It came out of nowhere, so I spliced it on the end. It's played with a pick. Duff's playing acoustic, strumming behind that, too. Then I put the lead on top.

I had no idea that was Duff playing. And I have no idea why I find that so interesting. But, cool :P

where's izzy?

In Axl's ass.

I'm surprised there's enough room, will everyone's head up his ass already

It really is one of the great GN'R songs. Awesome to hear it played again.

There's really no excuse to not play it: it's simple to sing (because it's pretty much spoken), has about eight lines in the whole thing, has an awesome riff that just grooves, is wide open to artistic interpretation in the extended solo and best of all IT MAKES US FANS HAPPY

...Axl, are you listening?

We all need to Stop this I wish Axl was singing this and Myles vs Axl -Myles cant sing the stuff that Axl does as good as Axl could but he is the closet thing I have ever heard to even give the songs Justice and Myles does awesome on every GNR tune, in fact so I love Myles's version of all the songs-Nobody ever says if AXL ever played with Alterbridge -which he never would but I can guarntee you he couldnt come close to Myle's vocals in that band , I have been A GNR JUNKIE since 1987 religiously and still talk about them to my friends all the time, AXL is a once in generation singer and a top 3 frontman of all time, Axl is still my favorite singer ever but I enjoys Slash's Music a hell of a lot better than what Axl is doing these days. Its all right to Give Myles some love on his singing because in todays world he is the best singer on the planet for Rock music . Double Talking Jive was great the other night When I go see Slash, Myles and the conspirators when they come back to the states I hope and Pray they play DOUBLE TALKING JIVE because I will be pumped! AXL and Slash are the reason we have this great message board MYGNRFORUM which is a godsend for a GNR fan like myself -stop hating on the 2 guys that made all of us get into the band in the first place - Double talking Jive Motherfuckers !

1987 GNR Knoxville civic center

1991 GNR Thompson Bowling arena -Knoxville TN

1991 GNR -Rupp Arena Lexington ky #BBN

1991 GNR Noblesville Indiana -axl's homecoming show

1992 GNR with Metallica , Soundgarden and Faith no More -GNR KILLED IT THAT NIGHT -Axl's rant about Metallica who had just played before them was frigging rad before Double Talking Jive -Indianapolis

1998 Slash's Snakepit Pittsburgh

2005 -Velvet Revolver -Cincinnati

2012 -Slash @ bogarts in Cincinnati - up close and personal -SLASH tore the roof off that place

So I have seen the boys a few times--Stop the hate on AXL and SLASH and lets enjoy the Music

and stop the hate on Myles because he is a bad ass singer in a live enviroment # guns n Fucking roses

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 1

We all need to Stop this I wish Axl was singing this and Myles vs Axl -Myles cant sing the stuff that Axl does as good as Axl could but he is the closet thing I have ever heard to even give the songs Justice and Myles does awesome on every GNR tune, in fact so I love Myles's version of all the songs-Nobody ever says if AXL ever played with Alterbridge -which he never would but I can guarntee you he couldnt come close to Myle's vocals in that band , I have been A GNR JUNKIE since 1987 religiously and still talk about them to my friends all the time, AXL is a once in generation singer and a top 3 frontman of all time, Axl is still my favorite singer ever but I enjoys Slash's Music a hell of a lot better than what Axl is doing these days. Its all right to Give Myles some love on his singing because in todays world he is the best singer on the planet for Rock music . Double Talking Jive was great the other night When I go see Slash, Myles and the conspirators when they come back to the states I hope and Pray they play DOUBLE TALKING JIVE because I will be pumped! AXL and Slash are the reason we have this great message board MYGNRFORUM which is a godsend for a GNR fan like myself -stop hating on the 2 guys that made all of us get into the band in the first place - Double talking Jive Motherfuckers !

1987 GNR Knoxville civic center

1991 GNR Thompson Bowling arena -Knoxville TN

1991 GNR -Rupp Arena Lexington ky #BBN

1991 GNR Noblesville Indiana -axl's homecoming show

1992 GNR with Metallica , Soundgarden and Faith no More -GNR KILLED IT THAT NIGHT -Axl's rant about Metallica who had just played before them was frigging rad before Double Talking Jive -Indianapolis

1998 Slash's Snakepit Pittsburgh

2005 -Velvet Revolver -Cincinnati

2012 -Slash @ bogarts in Cincinnati - up close and personal -SLASH tore the roof off that place

So I have seen the boys a few times--Stop the hate on AXL and SLASH and lets enjoy the Music

and stop the hate on Myles because he is a bad ass singer in a live enviroment # guns n Fucking roses

Huh? Discussing differing opinons and "hating Slash & Axl" are two completely different things.

I can't really buy Myles on DTJ. Great vocalist but doesn't really embody it. Slash has a great solo on it, izzy wrote it and Axl sold it live. Lies!

Pretty much the main reason to ever listen to, or play that song. The song is pretty much intro, some nonsense about get the money/no more patience, and then epic guitar solo.

I just love how it kicks in. It would have been perfect as track 2 of the album after YCBM opener. Kind of like a new It's so easy. I like the solo but I wish it wasn't tacked on the end of the song. It's kind of interesting but feels like it could have been a much fuller song. Like a lot of UYI.

Just listened to this again...I gotta say it sucks with Myles. I gave him some credit the first time I heard this but finger pointing and odd voice he has just kills it. Just my new opinion though. Slash did great though.

Ehhh, he is just getting used to it. They probably only played 1 or two times prior to this. He always sounds better as he gets more comfortable with the covers.. I thought he sounded good and I am sure it will be even better next time.