The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Brooklyn 1/2 Ale. Not a fan of it - too hoppy for my taste.

Have you ever tried Carlsberg Special Brew? It's a lovely rich ale, you get hints of chocolate and quite a delicate finish. Very popular in the upmarket sort of places in Europe. You should definately try it if your into quality ales. If you can't get it in the states I'd be happy to ship you a crate.

Never even heard of Carlsberg Special Brew. I have the regular Carlsberg pretty often when I'm in Europe - it's sort of my go-to when I'm not feeling adventurous; it's a good beer and fairly cheap anywhere you go (Relatively speaking). All I've ever seen in the US is the regular Carlsberg and the Elephant (Which I'm more indifferent to), but Carlsberg is expensive (For what it is) over here - I pay like USD $9.50 for a 6 pack. I'll have to see if I can find the Special Brew, if not I'll definitely track it down next time I'm in Europe :)

Exactly I remember but I never got one, that's the insidious nature of advertising.

The Guinness ones were genius too, as everyone thought they be sophisticated for drinking but really you just get diarrhoea.

Remember the Websters ones?

A PINT OF WEBSTERS!!! MAKE THAT TWO!!! THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT!!

I remember Jimmy Pursey from Sham 69 doing a booze ad somewhere too.

Edited by Len B'stard

Well I blew $300 on new brakes for the car. I know I got scammed but at least I can afford it and that is 300 x 1.5 miles I can redeem on airfaire.

But that's going to tighten my budget. I had to wisen up on beer. Figured $18 for 30 Pabsts is a sound investment. It will keep me stupid on my days off and dumb down the fact I just spent $300 fucking dollars.

It is okay though. I like Pabst and I like my job.