The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Haha this is gunna sound ghetto as fuck, but I grew up loving Natural Ice. Had a couple Natty Daddy's tonight. Whoa!

No shame.

Many of us have fond memories of Natty Ice. I remember during my impressionable, self-loathing years as a freshman in college, I'd come back from class around 10:30 in the mornin', crack a few Natty's, watch Two & a Half Men, and dream about getting as much ass as Charlie Sheen.

Those were some shit times.

• Like 1

My friend asked me if I'd be willing to go with her to someplace in London tomorrow to do market research and get paid £20 for it.

It's going to be no more than 1.5 hours and it's booze.

They're going to pay me to drink as part of a mystery drinker focus group @ 1.45pm. :) I get to drink in the afternoon and be paid for it.

Am looking forward.

Turns out it wasn't market research, but a rooze, went, met my friend, we got to choose our drinks, they paid, buying round after round of whatever. Started with vodka & orange.

Like an hour later after our 3rd drink and 2 surveys, they sent us away in teams to this place down the street one after the other, so we had to wait as they bought us drinks. Me and my friend went together, they asked us to review it as a secret shopper, so we did, had a drink there that they gave us the cash for - Long story short, it turned out to be that TV show about magic tricks called Tricked.

We didn't fall for it or whatever, so we won't be on TV, but got paid £20 to get drunk on someone else's dime today. That was AWESOME! :)

6 x Budweisser 600ml. I can't see how it's legal, there was kind of a opium like high around beer 6 which lasted for 30mins.

Budweiser is an interesting beer. It doesn't taste like any other beer I've ever had. To be honest I'm not sure whether I like it or dislike it.

Yet there will be days I decide to buy a can or two. I suppose I just need to be 'in the mood'.

Edited by arnold layne

6 x Budweisser 600ml. I can't see how it's legal, there was kind of a opium like high around beer 6 which lasted for 30mins.

Budweiser is an interesting beer. It doesn't taste like any other beer I've ever had. To be honest I'm not sure whether I like it or dislike it.

Get a pint of normal beer, pour half of it out, fill it with water, thats what Budweiser tastes like, it is the most awful lame watery beer I've ever tasted.

• Like 2

Brooklyn 1/2 Ale. Not a fan of it - too hoppy for my taste.

Have you ever tried Carlsberg Special Brew? It's a lovely rich ale, you get hints of chocolate and quite a delicate finish. Very popular in the upmarket sort of places in Europe. You should definately try it if your into quality ales. If you can't get it in the states I'd be happy to ship you a crate.

How fuckin much do you spend on booze? I drink a lot, but it's mostly cheap unless I'm celebrating and break out my Scotch.

Not as much as you'd think. When I buy something it's usually expensive (in case of spirits between 40 and 100 euro's), but I really don't buy stuff that often. Plus I drink to enjoy, not to empty the bottle. Might take over a year for me to empty a bottle of whisky. I have 18 of them at the moment, half of which are still closed. If I want to get pissed I'll go to the pub with my mates instead.

I regularly buy some (craft) beer or a nice wine or sherry to go with dinner. But it's not like I buy whisky every month.

Get a pint of normal beer, pour half of it out, fill it with water, thats what Budweiser tastes like, it is the most awful lame watery beer I've ever tasted.
Yeah it has no taste but when it's 40 C degrees it makes sense. Heineken or something tastes acidic and metallic. Bud is fizzy too so get a buzz you don't get with same others. Bud goes with food too. It's actually from Austria?

An Aussie told me they don't drink Fosters in Australia? It's bottled in the UK.