The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

On 7/11/2016 at 7:48 AM, Gracii Guns said:

Niche recipe books. Obviously. Even Coolio has one! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cookin-Coolio-Star-Meals-Price-ebook/dp/B00BORYT2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468248270&sr=8-1&keywords=coolio+recipe+book

Now I'm married, this is the only kind of contribution I can make to this thread. Everything's going swimmingly on the love/sex/relationship front, and it's got to stay that way until either of us pops our clogs. (Though I'm betting he'll go first :ph34r:). It might be a while until I have anything interesting to day about dating again. 

i have passed this many times and wanted to reply but i get easily distracted ( I don't have A.DD....It's just that...OH LOOK a bunny rabbit!! )

anyway  not a perfect match as i don't search niche cooking books, but i do read cookbooks the same way some people read novels. back in the early 90's,before Gourmet magazine became extinct,i found this incredibly talented food writer name Laurie Colwin. she made me feel like if someone can cook in a small flat with no real kitchen sink and having to use the bathtub to rinse her veggies and do the dishes in i could with my postage sized house w/matching postage sized kitchen and sink could cook almost anything! her descriptions of food was unsurpassed. she made me want to make gingerbread cake and i do every Christmas now ( i've been told it tastes like Christmas which is probably at the top of compliments i've received for my cooking.) unfortunately she departed this earth far too soon but she left it a much better world for me.

i still read the cookbooks she gifted us before her death and also i have all her fiction books as well;  my favorite is called A Big Storm Knocked It Over, her best friend is a caterer and she  keeps a poster of her famous meadow cake, covered in light green frosting and strewn with real buttercream flowers.

point being i love cookbooks and when in the mood i just sit down and read them like someone might read a NY Times Bestseller! have you ever heard of her and of so have you ever read any of her work? thanks :)

• Like 1

@AxlsFavoriteRose Thank you for introducing me to Laurie Colwin, I hadn't heard of her at all. Likewise, I have a very small kitchen. (If I wanted to roll out some pastry, I'd have to clear everything off my worktop!). To be honest, I haven't found an exceptionally good food writer for a while, so I shall enjoy discovering Colwin's work. 

On another note, it looks like I'm going to be moving into a house where the previous occupier was a food blogger, so therefore hopefully my kitchen will have grown by the end of the year!

• Like 1

Im not married, but I know some of you here are married and I don't know many married couples who I could even ask this question.

Do you think Swinging is an ok thing to do? Doesn't it feels like you are cheating on each other? 

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose Thank you for introducing me to Laurie Colwin, I hadn't heard of her at all. Likewise, I have a very small kitchen. (If I wanted to roll out some pastry, I'd have to clear everything off my worktop!). To be honest, I haven't found an exceptionally good food writer for a while, so I shall enjoy discovering Colwin's work. 

On another note, it looks like I'm going to be moving into a house where the previous occupier was a food blogger, so therefore hopefully my kitchen will have grown by the end of the year!

it make things so much better when you have room to maneuver! i do so hope you like Laurie Colwin, she's just the best to me. i miss her dearly but i still have all her books to read. anyway, have fun with your new kitchen! :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/07/2016 at 4:48 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it make things so much better when you have room to maneuver! i do so hope you like Laurie Colwin, she's just the best to me. i miss her dearly but i still have all her books to read. anyway, have fun with your new kitchen! :) 

Peg Bracken shall always be my favourite food writer.

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i will have to check her out :) 

She's gone quiet ever since she died, but her book "The I Hate To Cook Book" is riotously funny and hence timeless. Very much a product of the time it was written (late 1950s) but I don't read it for its cooking, just its laughter.

• Like 1

Just now, PappyTron said:

She's gone quiet ever since she died, but her book "The I Hate To Cook Book" is riotously funny and hence timeless. Very much a product of the time it was written (late 1950s) but I don't read it for its cooking, just its laughter.

like i said i read cookbooks like they're novels but i do get some good ideas and often try out a recipe or two :) she sounds like someone i would enjoy reading!

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

like i said i read cookbooks like they're novels but i do get some good ideas and often try out a recipe or two :) she sounds like someone i would enjoy reading!

Well, she has chapter titles such as "Deserts, or "why people are too fat anyway"."

:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today marks 120 days of no contact with a woman I dated for just over a year.

I had said "goodbye" after she started blowing hot and cold for weeks, then she

called the cops just for stopping by a couple weeks later. Vindictive! She either

decided to stay with her long term boyfriend (her meal ticket out of here) and/or 

started seeing someone else she liked better on the side.

Lots of good memories from our time together so it's a shame she had to pull that

stunt at the end. I guess it closed the door on any reconciliation that might have

been possible in time. I'll probably never hear from her again, and there's no way

I'll break no contact now after what she did to me that day.

Guys, if she calls the cops on you, it's over (or at least it may as well be).   

Edited by SteveAJones

On 9/5/2016 at 10:26 AM, SteveAJones said:

Today marks 120 days of no contact with a woman I dated for just over a year.

I had said "goodbye" after she started blowing hot and cold for weeks, then she

called the cops just for stopping by a couple weeks later. Vindictive! She either

decided to stay with her long term boyfriend (her meal ticket out of here) and/or 

started seeing someone else she liked better on the side.

Lots of good memories from our time together so it's a shame she had to pull that

stunt at the end. I guess it closed the door on any reconciliation that might have

been possible in time. I'll probably never hear from her again, and there's no way

I'll break no contact now after what she did to me that day.

Guys, if she calls the cops on you, it's over (or at least it may as well be).   

Damn dude, was she Japanese?  Thankfully I've never had one call the cops on me, but there's one girl where it was almost the other way around!

Where are you from, originally?

11 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Damn dude, was she Japanese?  Thankfully I've never had one call the cops on me, but there's one girl where it was almost the other way around!

Where are you from, originally?

I know someone who bent down to tie his shoelace and as he got back up a woman walked by. His girlfriend thought that he was staring at her so hit him across the back of the head with the beer bottle she was drinking from and sent him to the hospital! Another time she accused him of being unfaithful or something so he locked himself in the bathroom. She then stabbed a kitchen knife through the door like something out of The Shining, then she took the knife and stabbed it through his pillow and left it there.

Edited by PappyTron

On 30 July 2016 at 3:16 PM, Slash787 said:

Im not married, but I know some of you here are married and I don't know many married couples who I could even ask this question.

Do you think Swinging is an ok thing to do? Doesn't it feels like you are cheating on each other? 

You dont half talk some bollocks sometimes son :lol:

14 hours ago, PappyTron said:

I know someone who bent down to tie his shoelace and as he got back up a woman walked by. His girlfriend thought that he was staring at her so hit him across the back of the head with the beer bottle she was drinking from and sent him to the hospital! Another time she accused him of being unfaithful or something so he locked himself in the bathroom. She then stabbed a kitchen knife through the door like something out of The Shining, then she took the knife and stabbed it through his pillow and left it there.

She sounds like a keeper... if only for the purposes of not getting murdered for trying to break up with her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Fuuuuuuckin' hell bruv, you've must've got right on her tits, that some fuckin trek man!  What did you say to her 'i told you to put the fish in the boot not the in the backseat!' *remembers he put the fish in the boot himself, car screeches to a halt, Spunks gets slung out*

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuuuuuuckin' hell bruv, you've must've got right on her tits, that some fuckin trek man!  What did you say to her 'i told you to put the fish in the boot not the in the backseat!' *remembers he put the fish in the boot himself, car screeches to a halt, Spunks gets slung out*

I can't remember what it was now but she didn't take it too well whatever it was.  I remember her being very calm though, as she pulled off right out of the fucking car park :lol:. Chilling.