The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Where are you meeting them? 

Different places, but the common factor is that I live in a very stuffy, buttoned down place.  Vibrant people leave it and drones descend on it. 

Edited by soon

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Vicious as in getting the hell pawed and clawed out of ya. So I've heard anyway... :ph34r: Young me probably never knew anything about that...

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ya right. :lol:

See @soon? Older women.. it's the way to go. lol.

oh, I might just have some scratch marks :lol:

but it is true that I have been dating same age or younger currently

Edited by soon

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Whaaaat? And here I was thinking we just corrupted and traumatized you.. I guess not. :lol: 

:lol:  I can understand why you might think that.  I once walked the Earth in epicurean delight.  But I decided to stay home and tend to my own garden some time ago :) 

Why do people get married?  I mean apart from the fuckin' obvious, what i mean, more specifically is, what occurs to you, what happens from one day to another than makes you wanna take a long term relationship, where you're together and living together anyway to go 'OK, lets get married'.  This is a serious question by the way and one of few I'll ever ask.  Like, what happens, what makes you wanna do that.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Why do people get married?  I mean apart from the fuckin' obvious, what i mean, more specifically is, what occurs to you, what happens from one day to another than makes you wanna take a long term relationship, where you're together and living together anyway to go 'OK, lets get married'.  This is a serious question by the way and one of few I'll ever ask.  Like, what happens, what makes you wanna do that.

This is one of many times I talk out of my ass, but I guess it's like an evolving matter. In a relationship, you gradually realize that you love your partner, you don't want to be without them and you'd like to spend the rest of your time with them. I guess you just realize when you've been with your partner long term, that you want to take this relationship to the ultimate level, because fuckin marriage is like the final level, there's nothing else above it. It's like you can't go back, and you're happy about it.

I'm proud of myself if any of that made sense :lol:

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Can only speak for myself. I proposed to my wife because it is an extra commitment. Things tend to get more serious when you get married. It sends a signal that you really want this to be for life. And when it is done, it means you fight a little bit extra to make it work. That is especially important when kids come into the picture, because you also want the marriage to work for them.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

We don't all get married. I never married and never will.I just never saw the point of it, I can understand if you are religious then you would want to because isn't that how it's meant to be? I changed my name by deed poll so i had the same name as my kids [and i hated my last name] I don't feel insecure because i'm not married and i don't think i'd gain anything either. I'm pretty fucking happy as i/we are.

• Like 1

I can understand people wanting to get married, but I hate weddings. No one cares except your immediate family, I find it's just an excuse to get money and gifts; I find it kind of rude actually. lol.  Although I do think maybe I'm in the minority here. :lol: I've never married, but if I did, I would not subject anyone else to the wedding, except perhaps my parents.

• Like 1