The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its cuz you're a nice bloke Arnie, always have been.  A bit eggy perhaps but we all have our moments.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. ^_^

Pretty remarkable innit? She knows all my history if you know what I am saying and still accepts me for who I am. 

Plus she has a college degree and works as a fucking nurse. 

Only downside is she thinks I drink too much and too smart to work at a convenience store. 

But hey, hey, what can I do?

I have a question.  For the first time in my life I am going on a date with some one who's divorced.  I dont have any weird stigmas about divorce and am sure its likely that I have more baggage then they do.  I havent really dated in many years.  And now I am.  Lots of new experiences and interactions.  Its cool.

My question is just: is there anything to know going into this?  Like is there anything potentially different?  Do I ask about it anymore then I would about any other ex's (which is not much at all usually)?

Again, I have no concern about the person and their history, its just new to me.  So Im curious like I would be about anything new.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Like is there anything potentially different? 

She could be really damaged, you know. Fucked up in her head from a terrible relationship. Really mental. And have lots of kids. She might just be looking for someone to feed her droves of kids. Maybe she is actually really a widow and killed her husband! It could be so many things. I guess my advice is just to be wary. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

I have a question.  For the first time in my life I am going on a date with some one who's divorced.  I dont have any weird stigmas about divorce and am sure its likely that I have more baggage then they do.  I havent really dated in many years.  And now I am.  Lots of new experiences and interactions.  Its cool.

My question is just: is there anything to know going into this?  Like is there anything potentially different?  Do I ask about it anymore then I would about any other ex's (which is not much at all usually)?

Again, I have no concern about the person and their history, its just new to me.  So Im curious like I would be about anything new.

It's likely she has a very strong idea of the kind of person she wants to be with. She's not a naive 20 year old who goes in with an open mind and a boring life. So you'll probably find out quickly if she is serious about spending time with you. Don't take it personally if she isn't. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's likely she has a very strong idea of the kind of person she wants to be with. She's not a naive 20 year old who goes in with an open mind and a boring life. So you'll probably find out quickly if she is serious about spending time with you. Don't take it personally if she isn't. 

That makes a lot of sense to me.  Thanks for the insight!

1 hour ago, soon said:

That makes a lot of sense to me.  Thanks for the insight!

Don't get her goin' about her ex old man, she'll talk your fuckin' ears off :lol:  Unless you're both a bit pissed and it's past 11pm, she might start feeling all vulnerable and start crying, in which case you might get a shag out of it that night :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Don't get her goin' about her ex old man, she'll talk your fuckin' ears off :lol:  Unless you're both a bit pissed and it's past 11pm, she might start feeling all vulnerable and start crying, in which case you might get a shag out of it that night :lol:

I believe I can get a shag based on merit, so I guess that means I wont have to ever talk to her about her ex :lol:

But I do wonder if some people in her place would expect that a greater weight/respect be bestowed on her marriage, more so than an ex boyfriend?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I believe I can get a shag based on merit, so I guess that means I wont have to ever talk to her about her ex :lol:

But I do wonder if some people in her place would expect that a greater weight/respect be bestowed on her marriage, more so than an ex boyfriend?

You're over-thinking it mate, just don't bring it up unless she does herself and then act according to how sensitive she appears on the subject. 

On 03/07/2017 at 7:25 PM, Gracii Guns said:

D'aaw! I'm very happy that you've met her. She sounds dreamy.  Once you've found the right person, you'll make it work. 

As for not seeing her for six months, I won't go into detail but I do understand how heartbreaking leaving each other is, when you've met someone you get on really well with. Stay strong, stay on Skype! 

This page is doing well for itself, Powerage and Graeme have lovely ladies. McCoy has a steady girl. I wonder how Arnold's getting on? 

We're halfway through my time at home, we've talked at length and we're both pretty clear that we still feel strongly for one another, fingers crossed the next 3 months pass the same way. It's just lovely knowing there's someone beautiful, sweet and funny who thinks you're special, even if she's an ocean away. :) 

• Like 1

On September 22, 2017 at 11:00 PM, arnold layne said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. ^_^

Pretty remarkable innit? She knows all my history if you know what I am saying and still accepts me for who I am. 

Plus she has a college degree and works as a fucking nurse. 

Only downside is she thinks I drink too much and too smart to work at a convenience store. 

But hey, hey, what can I do?

Wtf when did you get engaged, man?! Damn, I take it this isn't the crazy chick then? Has it been that long since I last heard from you?

Anyways, kick ass! I want to go into nursing, Im a nursing assistant now. Seems like a cool job

36 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wtf when did you get engaged, man?! Damn, I take it this isn't the crazy chick then? Has it been that long since I last heard from you?

Anyways, kick ass! I want to go into nursing, Im a nursing assistant now. Seems like a cool job

Yes same woman, but I am exaggerating things really. 

And I am fucking nuts too man. Believe me. Not just saying this for pity. 

But we have been together for over two years and like everyone else, we have had our ups and downs but we still love each other at the end. 

11 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Yes same woman, but I am exaggerating things really. 

And I am fucking nuts too man. Believe me. Not just saying this for pity. 

But we have been together for over two years and like everyone else, we have had our ups and downs but we still love each other at the end. 

Happy for you Nate. Cool shit!

• Like 1

oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing.  I met her online and her profile said a good first date would be drip coffee at non-prestensious place.  I really liked that and so thats what we did.  At end of date she said "so, like next time we'll go to a restaurant." With a bit of some kinda emphasis on "restaurant."

Im hoping this means she wants to take this to step two - so its validating to say that to me.  And the tone was a bit of sass, like she wants to be spoiled?  Or maybe she forgot writing that in profile and was therefore less then impressed with the location?  And the emphasis was more like "or else we're through here." haha.

Anyone have thoughts?

20 minutes ago, soon said:

oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing.  I met her online and her profile said a good first date would be drip coffee at non-prestensious place.  I really liked that and so thats what we did.  At end of date she said "so, like next time we'll go to a restaurant." With a bit of some kinda emphasis on "restaurant."

Im hoping this means she wants to take this to step two - so its validating to say that to me.  And the tone was a bit of sass, like she wants to be spoiled?  Or maybe she forgot writing that in profile and was therefore less then impressed with the location?  And the emphasis was more like "or else we're through here." haha.

Anyone have thoughts?

Well, it's obvious she wants to meet again, what else do you need to know?

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, it's obvious she wants to meet again, what else do you need to know?

She definitely does.  We both really enjoyed it.  I just wanna know if she thought the location was weird and if we'd miscommunicated.  The tone she used is just confusing me is all.