Have we exaggerated how bad Dj's guitar skills are? Is he actually better than we give him credit for?

Towelie

Just began to read this thread and reality dawned on me that I was actually dumb enough to start reading a thread about DJ somehow being better than he is. Made it through 2 pages even. The fuck was I thinking? Back to watching and marveling over how goddamned racist King Kong vs. Godzilla is for me.

• Like 1

He's better GP than me ...

I honestly get that argument and I'd go so far as to say that he's a better guitar player than a lot of us here. I know for a fact he's a far better guitarist than I am. However, I'm not in Guns N' Roses.

I was just trying to give an objective/simple opinion ...

Ontopic, the truth is, he's not a brilliant GP and some of us make him look even worse as a GP. So, that makes him, actually, better than we give him credit for ... although this doesn't make him a good GP.

I honestly get that argument and I'd go so far as to say that he's a better guitar player than a lot of us here. I know for a fact he's a far better guitarist than I am. However, I'm not in Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, just nvm the fact he's there to replace Slash lol. We're not comparing him to an internet poster, that's not relevant at all.

When compared to Slash, I would say he doesn't deserve to be in Guns.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, just nvm the fact he's there to replace Slash lol. We're not comparing him to an internet poster, that's not relevant at all.

I don't think the goal of this thread is to compare DJ with Slash, either. BTW, do you think Slash deserves to be in GN'R?

In the other hand, DJ doesn't have any credit in GN'R songs yet ... so people base their opinions in what he've been doing live, in his clothes and in his attitude ... that's a bit restrictive IMO.

I don't think the goal of this thread is to compare DJ with Slash, either. BTW, do you think Slash deserves to be in GN'R?

In the other hand, DJ doesn't have any credit in GN'R songs yet ... so people base their opinions in what he've been doing live, in his clothes and in his attitude ... that's a bit restrictive IMO.

I base my opinion on his guitar playing bro and it is horrid. You don't have to like my opinion, but you can't ignore that what I'm saying here is relevant to the question this thread is presenting.

He's in Guns as Slash's replacement. Slash is not in the band for almost 20 years now. It doesn't matter what my opinion is on whether or not Slash deserves to be in Gn'R now.

I hear his bends and I cringe. I listen to his Patience solo and I cringe. I try to enjoy a live This I Love performance and I can't, even from 2010 cause he can't play Robin's solos. He's in the band with 2 good guitar players, and his playing is not good enough imo.

The only thing that's restrictive here is his playing. He's just not good enough to be in Guns compared to the people that came before him.

Edited by Rovim

Hopefully dj will never have those song credits. Oh and yes, Slash deserves to be in gnr. Much more than any guitar player hired to replace him.

Slash in Guns N' Roses? I don't know... would he fit musically? with Axl's voice I mean. :D

Now? Perfectly.

You don't really believe there's zero chance they can come up with something decent together musically even now.

Maybe on their own they're shit to you, but Axl can still sound good in the studio (Angel Down for example) and Slash just lacks inspiration imo, and Axl has the potential to inspire him. You agree with me. *does jedi hand gesture mind trick*

Edited by Rovim

Hopefully dj will never have those song credits. Oh and yes, Slash deserves to be in gnr. Much more than any guitar player hired to replace him.

Slash in Guns N' Roses? I don't know... would he fit musically? with Axl's voice I mean. :D

Now? Perfectly.

You don't really believe there's zero chance they can come up with something decent together musically even now.

Maybe on their own they're shit to you, but Axl can still sound good in the studio (Angel Down for example) and Slash just lacks inspiration imo, and Axl has the potential to inspire him. You agree with me. *does jedi hand gesture mind trick*

Could go either way. Could be amazing or could be amazingly shitty. Either way it would be entertaining.

• Like 1

Slash would fit in Today's guns, Axl may not be at the top of his game with the voice but he's a million times what myles is or will ever be, one tone and it's awful

I beleive so. Izzy seems to fit in with the band and Duff fits in better then Tommy in my mind.

Slash would fit in Today's guns, Axl may not be at the top of his game with the voice but he's a million times what myles is or will ever be, one tone and it's awful

I beleive so. Izzy seems to fit in with the band and Duff fits in better then Tommy in my mind.

Actually I think that on average Myles sings circles around Axl these days. In terms of consistency and shape (being in shape) anyway. Axl on top of his game might have a better range etc. And you might prefer Axl's sound over Myles' sound. I know I do. But there are definitely some area's where Myles has Axl beaten these days.

Edited by username

Now? Perfectly.

Could go either way. Could be amazing or could be amazingly shitty. Either way it would be entertaining.

• Like 1

How much of the issue with Bumblefoot revolves around the attention and second in command aura Ashba seems to have? I know most of us acknowledge Ashba is an average player with a gigantic ego trip but the majority of new GNR fans seem to think he does nothing wrong, which to me is disturbing as hell.