Have we exaggerated how bad Dj's guitar skills are? Is he actually better than we give him credit for?

Towelie

He's probably better than all you turds that Bitch about him so much.

What does that have to do with anything?

Every pro sports player is a thousand times better than everybody on this forum. Does that mean nobody can criticize a sporting performance?

People bash Slash all the time....are you calling those people out?

So in your world, people can only criticize those that they are better than??? So every post on every forum would just be 100% worshipping.

And you call people vulgar names when you disagree with them? Seems a bit hypocritical of you.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see how DJ would have been received if he'd shown up in GnR looking the way he did before he went all punk/goth. I think that for a lot of people, their opinions on his look drastically color the way they perceive his playing.

Having said that: he's far from being my favorite player, and I could do without the grandstanding onstage, but he's been able to pick up pretty steady work for the last 20 years with some reasonably big names. With that in mind, there must be something about his playing that is competent and compels people to hire him, and saying that he can't play at all is disingenuous.

Edited by stella

Every pro sports player is a thousand times better than everybody on this forum. Does that mean nobody can criticize a sporting performance?

So in your world, people can only criticize those that they are better than??? So every post on every forum would just be 100% worshipping.

And you call people vulgar names when you disagree with them? Seems a bit hypocritical of you.

You must be one of the turds I was talking about.

Do you play guitar? I'd say anyone who does knows how his live performances are on par with that of a kid who has only been playing for a year.
You have a right to your opinion even if you are wrong.

I always thought people exaggerated how bad he was. But he really seems more interested in showing off on stage than playing.

I was at the front on the last Vegas tour and right in front of me he made a massive deal of taking a swig of Jaeger. Then he went behind the amp and spat it out. Could see it perfectly from where I was. I thought it was pathetic.

I think everyone is just dead on stage because they do the same stuff over and over again. There's no passion.

Sounds like you just described "ROCK THEATER"

I was at the front on the last Vegas tour and right in front of me he made a massive deal of taking a swig of Jaeger. Then he went behind the amp and spat it out. Could see it perfectly from where I was. I thought it was pathetic.

That's actually very interesting.

I mean, clearly he views it all as a business and he treats himself as a brand, but I wasn't cynical enough to think that even the drinking was calculated on his part.

Dj is much better than what most people here give him credit for. Still, he looks ridiculous.

All the guys that have come and gone and those that are still here are good at what they do. Looks wise I guess it's whether you can identify with that look or not. I grew up in the 80 ' s , so Dj's look is rock n roll normal to me. At the 2002 vma there was a football jersey a kfc bucket with a mask a gothic with a leather jumpsuit and shaved head and a plaid suit. To me they didn't look like they belonged together but the music was still good.

That's actually very interesting.

I mean, clearly he views it all as a business and he treats himself as a brand, but I wasn't cynical enough to think that even the drinking was calculated on his part.

He's a fraud. A poser that got lucky. Not only he's a shitty guitar player, but his image, even his lame image is fake.

Not what Guns was about and he doesn't even swallows. His jager on stage.

I refuse to take him seriously. I won't. It's like he's trying to play a trick on us and sell himself to us as some kind of a successor to Slash, but the truth is he's not talented enough, intelligent enough, and original enough to even deserve his position in Guns as a guitar player.

Edited by Rovim

I always thought people exaggerated how bad he was. But he really seems more interested in showing off on stage than playing.

I think everyone is just dead on stage because they do the same stuff over and over again. There's no passion.

LOL, he hasn't learned to fill up the Jaeger bottle with something non-alcoholic yet? Amateur. :) I've heard of people filling Jack Daniels bottles with Coke or iced tea...

No the comments are just, even Finck was more precise and he at least had his own style of playing and did not do the awful "hello it's he 80ties and I'm in Cinderella or Poison" style of posing around the stage. It is horrible. The worst addition to the lineup that Axl has ever made, to me maybe the single most significant factor to the lack of interest to this band.

• Like 1

No the comments are just, even Finck was more precise and he at least had his own style of playing and did not do the awful "hello it's he 80ties and I'm in Cinderella or Poison" style of posing around the stage. It is horrible. The worst addition to the lineup that Axl has ever made, to me maybe the single most significant factor to the lack of interest to this band.

He's all style and no substance. Factor in the swag, and his attention whoring ways and there is no redeeming quality to cling to here.

Axl could have picked a better guitar player to replace Finck. Probably someone much better then Ashba, Even with his bad reputation as a musician.

At least Robin wasn't a fraud and a douche and actually was original enough to bring something fresh and interesting to the band. DJ does the hogan ears, bangs his guitar with a drum stick, and spits Jager behind his amp to stay sober enough to not totally fuck up the show cause he knows he can barely play as it is.

Edited by Rovim

Do you play guitar? I'd say anyone who does knows how his live performances are on par with that of a kid who has only been playing for a year.

I'll assume you don't then?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I've said hi to him once or twice before/after shows when he's just been hanging around. He always been really nice but it's so lame to fake being a badass on stage. I know it's all part of the act but GN'R was all about being real so it's a bit of a sham really.

• Like 3

If you think he is as terrible as you say he is your an idiot.

I've said hi to him once or twice before/after shows when he's just been hanging around. He always been really nice but it's so lame to fake being a badass on stage. I know it's all part of the act but GN'R was all about being real so it's a bit of a sham really.

I think Axl's band stopped being "real" the moment you had Bumblefoot headbanging to solos and riffs he never wrote.

If you think he is as terrible as you say he is your an idiot.

Can you please knock off the name calling as per forum rules. Thanks