Classic or Pushing the Envelope - what would you like to see on a new album?

What style would you prefer on the 15 album?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Oh My God but if it's on the next album, it should only be on a deluxe edition or something (with the TIL remix).

I was told that Oh My God was not (as of 2011) slated for the Chinese Democracy followup album.

IF I WAS AXL

ID TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR

ID CALL THE TOP PROFESSIONAL SKILLED MUSICIANS THAT HAVE WORKED SO VERY HARD BY MY SIDE FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS

ID ASK THEM IF IT ALL WAS WORTH IT

ID LISTEN TO THEIR ANSWERS

ID SAY TO THEM THAT IT WAS A CRAZY RIDE AND I LEARNED A LOT

THEN ID TAKE A DEEP BREATH

ID SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM

THEN ID TAKE A BIGGER, MUCH DEEPER BREATH

AND ID PICK MY PHONE

AND ID FIND A WAY TO CALL JEFF, SAUL, MICHAEL AND STEPHEN TO MAKE NEW SONGS WITH ME

Personal definitions aside, just looking at the overall picture - what would you as a "fan" to prefer to hear on a GnR album in 2015?

Since CD is all we can really go off of, that album seemed to have two different vibes to it. One group that sounded more like classic GnR. And one vibe that was Axl pushing "his" envelope a bit. (I didn't say pushing rock musical's envelope, so let's leave the insults aside about that - I'm talking changing up HIS style a bit).

Which of these two groups would you like to see the 15 album sound more like?

SOD, Catcher, Twat, IRS, Prostitute

or

Shacklers, Rhiad, Better, Scraped, OMG

I'd take a mixture of both, but with more songs like the first group.

Basically, would you prefer Axl-ballad type songs and classic "rock" type ..................or Axl expanding his normal stuff and songs like Shacklers, etc.

Can't vote cuz TWAT is above all of the songs that you listed

Pushing the envelope? really? CD 2 will be dated on the day when it comes out, because that "Nu" sound is dated now...

I would like to see classic and a bit of experimental stuff, but first and foremost more ROCKERS

I'm getting sick and tired with ballads under the GNR name

I like Oh My God but if it's on the next album, it should only be on a deluxe edition or something (with the TIL remix).

I was told that Oh My God was not (as of 2011) slated for the Chinese Democracy followup album.

Dizzy also said in the mid-2000s that Silkworms, Riad and CITR wouldn't be on CD. He was wrong on 2/3. I'm just saying, of course it would be ridiculous to re-release a 16 year old song, but until we have an album out, no one knows for sure.

Couldn't care less as long as it's good.

So Axl Roses Old Time Cockney Sing A Long album then? :lol:

'we're gonna hang out the washing on the shananananananananananananana-siegfried line, have you any dirty washing mother dear'

:lol:

Well it's better than Chinese Democracy already. :lol: