Van Halen Live Album & 2015 Tour Discussion

RussTCB

Just checked, no download card with the ADKOT LP.

Boo. I'll have to figure out something...

Personally, I have no conscience whatsoever about torrenting digital files for LPs I've bought.

I think, it is technically legal since you already possess a bought copy, although I know the law varies from country-to-country on this front.

I'll wait is probably in my top 5 favorite VH songs. I know 1984 gets a lot of Shit, especially back when it came out, but that album is fucking brilliant. I'll wait is defiantly one of the highlights, But every song on that album is good if not ggreat. Honeslty Jump is probably my least favorite on the whole album. But Panama and Hot for teacher are the two most "rocking" songs VH ever did IMO, even over the first album. I think their hit status has made them over played, But if someone had never heard of VH, those 2 songs would be one of, if not the first songs I played for somebody.

But back to I'll wait, like Jump, the keyboards turned people off on that song originally. But looking at it now, in 2015, I think it is absolutely brilliant. The keyboard sound is So freaking haunting, way better than Jump. Dave's lyrics are arguably the best of his entire career, honestly who doesn't sing that song when it's on? And Eddie's solo, is fucking of singing quality, Its one of those solos, where you can actually sing the notes. I hear a lot of people knocking Eddie's solos, because he did "noodle" to much on VH 2, women, fair warning, and diver down. But starting with his beat it solo, he started taking solos seriously again, and it really shows on 1984, especially I'll Wait. Obviously his solos on the debut are all stellar, the best of his ccareer really, but he did go off in an odd direction for most of the Roth years. But starting with 1984 he came back down to reality, and carried that through the entire Sammy years, which as a whole I feel he had better solos.

Remember I am talking about his solos, not overall guitar work, because Fair Warning and VH 2 have incredible guitar riffs and everything else, far better than the Sammy years. But his solos we're far more tasteful later on.

I agree with pretty much all of this. The Sammy years brought out some truly great solos from Ed. Even some of the hits that get pissed on (When It's Love comes to mind) have amazing solos.

Shit, the day they play Pittsburgh is the day I come back from seeing U2 in New York. No way I can make that.

Just go to Cuyahoga Falls. It's not even an hour and a half away from Pittsburgh, and Blossom is a way better venue than the First Niagara.

I'm actually excited about the venue they're playing here. I've seen Vh around 10 times between Dave, Sammy & Gary but I've always seen them in an arena. This will be the first time I see them at an amphitheater. Should be a different vibe.

There seems to be a discrepancy with the Toronto date. Ticketmaster lists it as July 26th but the website says August 7th with the former being a St. Louis gig.

Also, price range for Toronto is up to $220. If London is cheaper then that's definitely my show.

Edit: $101 for London. Done.

Edited by James Bond

I'm actually excited about the venue they're playing here. I've seen Vh around 10 times between Dave, Sammy & Gary but I've always seen them in an arena. This will be the first time I see them at an amphitheater. Should be a different vibe.

I agree, Pine Knob (DTE) is always a great time.

• Like 1

There seems to be a discrepancy with the Toronto date. Ticketmaster lists it as July 26th but the website says August 7th with the former being a St. Louis gig.

Also, price range for Toronto is up to $220. If London is cheaper then that's definitely my show.

Edit: $101 for London. Done.

Yeah, I'll do London too if it's that cheap. Cleveland is up to $183, but it's worth it for that venue - Blossom is by far the best amphitheater I've ever been to.

Shit, the day they play Pittsburgh is the day I come back from seeing U2 in New York. No way I can make that.

Just go to Cuyahoga Falls. It's not even an hour and a half away from Pittsburgh, and Blossom is a way better venue than the First Niagara.

I'm already going to NYC for U2, getting Stones tickets for Pittsburgh and probably Columbus, and going on two Pitt football trips (yes, I travel to see them lose!). Any more road trips and I'll have to start selling body parts on the black market.