Van Halen Live Album & 2015 Tour Discussion

RussTCB

I've Been on VH links for a few years, but only really post over there when the band is getting ready to release something. The consensious opinion among VH fans is Hot for teacher, Unchained, Running with the devil, and the snippet of I'm the one all sound great. But Panama and Jump sound like ass. Which I don't mind either one, but obviously Dave isn't at his best on those songs. Kinda like how Axl usually struggles with scom. Sometimes it's the hits the singers struggle with, at least that's what I've seen\heard.

The band is on Jimmy Kimmel March 30 and 31st, and on Ellen on April 2nd. I have the DVR set.

Looking forward to seeing Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel

Idk, the way I see it- Even if Dave is absolutely horrible on this (he isn't THAT bad from what I've heard), its just so nice the band is going to have a live album with him on it. The one with Sammy was good, but it felt wrong Dave didn't get one

Looking forward to seeing Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel

Idk, the way I see it- Even if Dave is absolutely horrible on this (he isn't THAT bad from what I've heard), its just so nice the band is going to have a live album with him on it. The one with Sammy was good, but it felt wrong Dave didn't get one

I agree. I love Right here right now. But the overall ignoring of Dave stuff the band did with Sammy always bothered me. Even though they play no Sammy songs now, they don't really have to because Dave was first and the Dave era has more songs to choose from. But seeing VH and not getting Hot For Teacher or Running with the devil and other songs like that is like seeing Guns and not getting jungle, it just feels wrong to me, lol.

I'm actually glad they chose a show like this even over some older shows. My only exception would of been a show from the 1984 tour, but nothing before that. You can't ignore that album imo. Which a lot of fans wanted the US festival from 1983, it's kinda like the VH equivalent to Ritz. Which it is a fantastic show, and I'd love to get a a quality recording of it, But not for a live album, not right now. This selection gives us songs from every Roth album, which makes it the right choice imo.

Never mind Live Right Here Right Now, when they put the track listing out of Best of Both Worlds and it came out that the live songs at the end were Hagar singing Roth's songs, I thought it was a joke.

I don't know if the 1984 tour would have been a good live album.

Never mind Live Right Here Right Now, when they put the track listing out of Best of Both Worlds and it came out that the live songs at the end were Hagar singing Roth's songs, I thought it was a joke.

Those are the best versions of those songs though, especially Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

• Like 2

Those are the best versions of those songs though, especially Ain't Talkin Bout Love.

No. Good, but not better than the originals....

It's not how I'd like to remember them, like the last Sabbath live album (Gathered In Their Masses) where Ozzy sounds atrocious and it's only 3/4 of the band.

The Sabbath one is worse because they already have live albums with way better versions of nearly all the songs.

Honestly, I don't think Sabbath have any particularly great live albums across any of the eras. Live At Hemmersmith Odeon is my favorite, but that one was also a very limited release. I guess Past Lives would be my second favorite by default, but the sound quality is pretty horrid even for a live album recorded in the 70's.

not "officially released" but the show from astbury park in 1975 was recorded for a live album that just never happened ozzy and the band were great and the setlist is awesome.

• Like 1

I don't know if it'll be the traditional grandstand setup, since the fair isn't on at that point. They'll have a lot of space to use, most likely.

It's traditional Grandstand setup, according to the map on Ticketmaster.

Ah, so London is the Grandstand.

I was hoping for the mini hockey rink gig. ^_^

What's the layout like? I've never been there.

I haven't been to a show there in years, like...decades.

But it's a horse racing track. They set a stage up on the inner field (unless they've built a permanent one). The floor seating is where the race track would be, and the stand seating is literally like most stand seating of the basic horse racing track you may have ever seen in pics.

Some of the Grandstand seating will be covered , some will not.

And yeah, there's a good chance it might be GA.