2015 Grammy Awards

Silent Jay

Kanye West has got to be the biggest cockhead of all time.

As are his worshippers.

I would've gone 'and Kanye needs to go give his bitch back to Ray J'. Honestly, what a fuckin' wanker. I mean he sort of had a point with the Taylor Swift thing, almost but this ones actually ridiculous when considering Beck is an artist artist artist. This is something that annoys me in society today, no one gets offended no more.

And also, as much as i love Beyonce...and i do, she's alright, she's cool, makes cool little pop tunes. i mean i don't buy her albums or nothing but she's certainly not anathema to me. Anyway, point being, this is the second time he's done this so I'd like to know, exactly what does he see in Beyonce that represents high artistry to him, that warrant him jumping onstage like a twat and mouthing off about how she deserves every award under the sun, what is this, what x factor, what hidden thing am i missing here that makes Beyonce some kinda fuckin' Miles Davis level artist, can somebody explain that to me please?

Fuckin' ugly goofy cunt, straight up what Facekicker said, just fuckin' butt the bastard right on his big fuckin' gob. And i do mean big fuckin' gob literally as well as figuratively, have you ever seen a fuckin' trap that big? It's like God constructed it specifically for a good old fashioned butt, those fronts were just made to wobble and bleed.

Fella wifes up a fuckin' slag, names his daughter after a fuckin' compass direction and has the nerve to be jumping up onstage and putting the world to rights, what the fuck makes you think that a fella who names his kid 'North' is someone whoose opinions or judgement on the world at large is something worth taking seriously?

He's fuckin' annoying. In a bitch kinda way. In a yapyapyap ho type way and if hip hop were half the game it once was this guy would be getting chased out of fuckin' award shows, not lauded in em. I'll never for the life of me understand why people get in such a tizzy over this fuckin' slack-jawed looking mouth-breather with his fuckin' bullshit tinny beats and electronic fuckin' mess that he calls production.

This is what happens when you let the pussies take over rap, you end up with shit like this. People are going around lauding this sack of shit as like 'a genius' 'a legend', well then riddle me this batman, where's his fuckin' monumental album, his earth shaker fuckin' album, his Doggystyle, his Marshal Mathers LP, his Chronic, his Sgt Peppers? What are his signature tunes, his tunes known around the fuckin' world, his instantly recognisable shit? I'll tell you where, in his fuckin' fans imaginations, thats there were.

Pin this for post of the year.

where's his fuckin' monumental album, his earth shaker fuckin' album, his Doggystyle, his Marshal Mathers LP, his Chronic, his Sgt Peppers? What are his signature tunes, his tunes known around the fuckin' world, his instantly recognisable shit? I'll tell you where, in his fuckin' fans imaginations, thats there were.

Albums: MBDTF, The College Dropout

Songs: Golddigger, Stronger, Heartless

If you consider yourself a hip hop fan and don't know those albums/songs you've been living under a rock listening to nothing but Wu Tang and Tupac since 1998.

Edited by bacardimayne

Kanye West has got to be the biggest cockhead of all time.

As are his worshippers.

If you focus on his music rather than his actions, he goes into a much more positive light. His two performances were among the grammy's best last night, and albums like College Dropout, Graduation and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are hip hop classics.

What he said about Beck last night was pretty lame of him, not surprised he said it on E where his wife is part-owner of the channel so he can consider that a personal soapbox to vent out his banter :lol:

• Like 1

where's his fuckin' monumental album, his earth shaker fuckin' album, his Doggystyle, his Marshal Mathers LP, his Chronic, his Sgt Peppers? What are his signature tunes, his tunes known around the fuckin' world, his instantly recognisable shit? I'll tell you where, in his fuckin' fans imaginations, thats there were.

Albums: MBDTF, The College Dropout

Songs: Golddigger, Stronger, Heartless

If you consider yourself a hip hop fan and don't know those albums/songs you've been living under a rock listening to nothing but Wu Tang and Tupac since 1998.

I know em all but it you think those albums and/or songs are enough to warrant legend status or that they are even that well known or internationally recognisable for legend status then you're sorely mistaken. Edited by Len B'stard

I know em all but it you think those albums and/or songs are enough to warrant legend status or that they are even that well known or internationally recognisable for legend status then you're sorely mistaken.

The above listed tracks and others like All of the Lights, Can't Tell Me Nothing and Love Lockdown have remained huge since their release; like him or not, he's remained one of the most listened-to hip hop artists in the past decade

http://www.last.fm/music/Kanye+West/+charts

I know em all but it you think those albums and/or songs are enough to warrant legend status or that they are even that well known or internationally recognisable for legend status then you're sorely mistaken.

The above listed tracks and others like All of the Lights, Can't Tell Me Nothing and Love Lockdown have remained huge since their release; like him or not, he's remained one of the most listened-to hip hop artists in the past decade

Still doesn't amount to legend status. Quite apart from anything else he's musically come of age in an era where music in general is on a massive down-swing. I'll agree with the 'most listened to hip hop artists in the past decade' bit.

Still doesn't amount to legend status. Quite apart from anything else he's musically come of age in an era where music in general is on a massive down-swing. I'll agree with the 'most listened to hip hop artists in the past decade' bit.

Who made you the person who determines who is a legend and who isn't? It's kinda so subjective it's like how can we even argue about what makes a song legendary or not?

The fact of the matter is that every album he releases has a considerable impact on the genre. Hell, every piece of output sends a wave through pop culture, whether it be shoes or a new rant of his. I feel like you are really stubborn when it comes to rap, like seriously anything that isnt boombap dust beats with someone rapping about hood life over it is not "authentic" hip hop to you and therefore not valuable. The genre has evolved and expanded to a much better, more diverse, and open minded version of what it was when it started out, as all genres do over time, and it seems like you're totally not for it. There's so many different directions and sounds in hip hop now and that is exactly why I love it. I think if you listened to an album of his without your preconceptions of what you believe rap *must* be and also ignoring your current thoughts about Kanye, you'd love it.

• Like 1

Arguing with Len about rap is like arguing about video games with a nerd who thinks they got too complicated once the N64 came out.

Like, what's the point? Anyone with objective sense knows he's wrong.

The thing is I can't blame someone for hating Kanye if their only knowledge of him is his public stunts. Looking at him from a top down approach starting with Yeezus and his public rants would make me think he's not that special too.

Who made you the person who determines who is a legend and who isn't?

I didn't realise it required royal appointment.

It's kinda so subjective it's like how can we even argue about what makes a song legendary or not?

But it's not though, is it? When you laud someone in that fashion, when he is mentioned in the same breath as certain people its very easy to differentiate or deduce whether he does or does not belong along side those people.

he fact of the matter is that every album he releases has a considerable impact on the genre. Hell, every piece of output sends a wave through pop culture, whether it be shoes or a new rant of his.

I think you put way too much stock in twitter trends. As for the first bit, considerable impact? Well, i dunno if EVERY album does but he does, I'll grant you that.

I feel like you are really stubborn when it comes to rap, like seriously anything that isnt boombap dust beats with someone rapping about hood life over it is not "authentic" hip hop to you and therefore not valuable.

And you'd be right about that although I'm not sure about the boom bap appraisal. But yes, i do demand a certain authenticity from hip hop and i do think it requires it more than other genres in some instances and i also think that pale facsimiles of hip hop clang a lot worse than with other genres.

The genre has evolved and expanded to a much better, more diverse, and open minded version of what it was when it started out, as all genres do over time, and it seems like you're totally not for it.

I COMPLETELY and utterly disagree with you and the gradual death of this genre will bear me out on this. Oh it might be alive in the way rock n roll was alive in the mainstream in America but for all the quality to it might as well've been fuckin' dead. Explain something to me, how does diverse necessarily equate to better?

Also, i completely and utterly disagree with the idea that hip hop is more open-minded now, totally totally totally disagree. You name me an instance nowadays where you've had an artist like Johnny Rotten working with someone like Afrika Bambaataa without either of them having to compromise their sound? There was literally nothing more musically open minded than hip hop when it started, its what was so brilliant about it.

There's so many different directions and sounds in hip hop now and that is exactly why I love it.

I totally disagree again, i think there's a very simple homogenised sound being produced that is totally contrary to what hip hop is all about and it's killing the genre. It's the age of the photocopy, you got Troy Ave sounding like 50, Action Bronson sounding Ghost, everyones just a crap knock off of someone else, everythings so compartmentalised and defined so all the right kiddies walk through all the right doors, it's just becoming lame and poltically correct and hippie-ish.

And even when you do have a good talented rapper, like Kendrick for example, he just ends up turning into the musical equivalent of a Tom Hanks movie, it's patronising and weak and lacking in spirit.

Arguing with Len about rap is like arguing about video games with a nerd who thinks they got too complicated once the N64 came out.

Like, what's the point? Anyone with objective sense knows he's wrong.

The thing is I can't blame someone for hating Kanye if their only knowledge of him is his public stunts. Looking at him from a top down approach starting with Yeezus and his public rants would make me think he's not that special too.

You've asked me this before and I told you I've heard Yeezus, I've heard College Dropout, he's just shite, sorry to say. And also, I'm not being funny here but how old are you? My knowledge of Kanye West goes back about 15 years so please with this top down shit.

EDIT: Seven years old. So i was listening to shit he produced on the way to school while you were struggling to keep your gripe water down.

Edited by Len B'stard

I remember when I was in public school and we were in assemblies to watch performances or hand out awards. And if you stood up and wandered away or spoke out too much, you'd be told to stand in the corner or got detention by the teacher/principal.

I'll let you figure out where I'm going with this.

• Like 1

age card :lol:

I'm having 2010 Rancid Punks/BBA flashbacks.

nooooooooooo no no no no no no no no no no no no, nope, no fuckin' way, hang on a second here, yous two are waving your dicks around talkin' like you're in this little secret society that knows knows knows Kanye and suggesting i don't and then when i point out the pertinent fact that i heard of the motherfucker before you then thats me doing the cheap thing? :lol: Get the fuck outta here, yous two said some stupid shit there, not me :lol:

And don't draw me into whatever on-going fuckin' saga you got with fuck knows what miscellaneous forum member. Explain to me how age card represents a snobbery over and above 'well i could understaaaaaaaaaaaaand how someone of so little awareness of Kanyes great work would be prey to such misconceptions'...and all the while the person in question is ahead of you on that. Sorry :lol:

Age card, pfft, what do you call whingeing about 98 or making narky comments about boom bap? Exactly, sit down and shut the fuck up :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Just because you're around for it doesn't mean you're around for it.

:lol:

But it does mean i bought the albums, it does mean i listened to him, I mean he wasn't exactly fucking invisible, he was producing for the biggest rap artist of the day, exactly who is it that you think Kanye is, some kind of underground stalwart? :lol: And you were the one riding me for not knowing what I'm talking about? :lol:

And y'know what else? You could scroll back ten years on this forum and find posts where i was saying he was shit even then.

Edited by Len B'stard

I COMPLETELY and utterly disagree with you and the gradual death of this genre will bear me out on this. Oh it might be alive in the way rock n roll was alive in the mainstream in America but for all the quality to it might as well've been fuckin' dead. Explain something to me, how does diverse necessarily equate to better?

I don't really know what you're getting at when you proclaim hip hop to be dead. Like what does that even mean? It's a bullshit sentence that translates to "I'm upset that rap does not sound like it did 20 years ago." Going on yelling that it's dead doesn't state or change anything, i mean maybe it would if most people actually wanted rap to have stayed the same, but they clearly didn't. Now you're just stuck with this traditionalist attitude, and what does that accomplish? What has it ever accomplished?

How diversity equates to being better...how does staying true to the "original, authentic" form of the genre equate to being better? How can you possibly argue against eruptions of new sounds and ideas in hip hop? It happens in every genre and for a good reason - the then-current sounds start to get stale and shitty.

Also, i completely and utterly disagree with the idea that hip hop is more open-minded now, totally totally totally disagree. You name me an instance nowadays where you've had an artist like Johnny Rotten working with someone like Afrika Bambaataa without either of them having to compromise their sound? There was literally nothing more musically open minded than hip hop when it started, its what was so brilliant about it.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I said open minded so you're right in that regard. When hip hop first started it was certainly most open minded since the parameters of the genre weren't as set in stone as they were come the 90s. I guess my point was that there are lots of musical elements in rap today that just wouldn't have fit 20 years ago.

I totally disagree again, i think there's a very simple homogenised sound being produced that is totally contrary to what hip hop is all about and it's killing the genre.

Maybe if all you're listening to is radio rap. And I'm not saying that you have to go digging deep into underground rap to find interesting shit, I'm just saying most of the rap that finds its' way onto the radio falls into that "simple homogenized sound" because that's just the kind of sound the radio needs. There's radio mainstream where you have your Lil Waynes and Drakes and Big Seans and they can basically all rap over the same beats, deal with the same subject matter, and target the same audiences, and then there's a level below of it where there's just tons of cool shit going on. Chief Keef and the entire modern Chicago drill scene sound totally different from like, Father's alternative scene in Atlanta, which sounds totally different from Young Thug's Atlanta trap scene, which sounds totally different from ASAP Rocky, which sounds totally different from Kendrick Lamar's group (Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul..), all of which sound totally different from the more "musical" hip hop artists like Travis Scott and Kanye West. I'm just trying to illustrate how many different sounds and scenes are within the musical landscape of hip hop right now, most of the differentiation being production and image-based, I'll give you that most of them are rapping about the same kinds of shit, but I mean when was that not happening really?

It's the age of the photocopy, you got Troy Ave sounding like 50, Action Bronson sounding Ghost, everyones just a crap knock off of someone else, everythings so compartmentalised and defined so all the right kiddies walk through all the right doors, it's just becoming lame and poltically correct and hippie-ish.

I think you might have a point about those two artists as well as some others but I mean, obviously any rapper is going to maybe sound like one that came before him, just like a band will probably draw a lot of influences from those that preceded it. There is not nearly enough similarity to call today's hip hop a photo copy, there are only isolated artists who happen to sound like old ones. Most of them are pushing forward. Your statement about things being compartmentalized is another thing that could only apply to radio rap.

I don't know what you mean by politically correct, I mean, just because modern rappers aren't involved with black panthers or some shit doesn't diminish the quality of their music or any creativity put into it.

And even when you do have a good talented rapper, like Kendrick for example, he just ends up turning into the musical equivalent of a Tom Hanks movie, it's patronising and weak and lacking in spirit.

We are yet to see if that'll turn out true. GKMC is an incredible album. What he's done outside of that I don't care for thatt much but the mood and sounds he accomplished on GKMC was perfect. TBH I don't have hope for him going into the future but we'll see.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think you're far too fascinated, on a weird Miser level, in the history of the scene and the culture that which you had no part in, to the point of you not being able to actually appreciate the musicality of it or just enjoy it. I like hip hop because of how it sounds (I thought that's what music was about), it seems like you get something a lot different out of it.

Edited by Jakey Styley
  • Like 1