Member picture thread

Snake-Pit

On 04/03/2016 at 9:00 PM, Graeme said:

Came back up to Scotland to play a gig with my band last night. Took advantage being back home by hitting the scenery today.

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

I think i wanna live in Scotland.  Are these places anywhere near someones house then?

On 07/03/2016 at 1:16 PM, Len B'stard said:

I think i wanna live in Scotland.  Are these places anywhere near someones house then?

Most of the photos are taken on an Island called Arran, it's 55 minutes on a ferry from the Scottish mainland. The mountains are about half an hour/40 minutes walk from Brodick, the biggest town on the island, but there are some holiday homes and cottages a bit closer by. The last photo was taken from Ardrossan, the ferry port, which is about a half hour drive from Glasgow city centre.

32 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Most of the photos are taken on an Island called Arran, it's 55 minutes on a ferry from the Scottish mainland. The mountains are about half an hour/40 minutes walk from Brodick, the biggest town on the island, but there are some holiday homes and cottages a bit closer by. The last photo was taken from Ardrossan, the ferry port, which is about a half hour drive from Glasgow city centre.

I just had a fuckin' moment of realisation.  There's a fuckin' block of flats round my way all named after places in Scotland.  Arran House, Wight House, Kintyre House, Mull House, Farne House, is there a place called Farne in Scotland?  

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know about Farne in Jockland but the Farne Islands is in Northumberland, England. Bunch of Puffins and Puffin shite. I had a sea sickness experience traveling to the Farne islands in middle school.

Aye, looks like it's named after islands rather than specifically Scottish places, although Kintyre's a bit of an odd one out, it's just a peninsula.