W. Axl Rose owns a trademark for "Stay of Execution".

Anybody know anything about this? It's a copyright claim owned by Jordan Freeman Productions with the name Axl Rose on it, titled "Goodbye". Possibly a new song?

ehXPTwl.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jordan-freeman/13/529/508

Sounds like he's a one man studio musician, JF Productions was also founded in 2010, and is now Zoom Platform or something like that.

Edit: Scroll down to groups... That's interesting.

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

Anybody know anything about this? It's a copyright claim owned by Jordan Freeman Productions with the name Axl Rose on it, titled "Goodbye". Possibly a new song?

ehXPTwl.jpg

a1tqx4.jpg

"Goodbye" seems to be a song of a Natalie's work.... (idk who is Natalie)

Anybody know anything about this? It's a copyright claim owned by Jordan Freeman Productions with the name Axl Rose on it, titled "Goodbye". Possibly a new song?ehXPTwl.jpg

a1tqx4.jpg

It seems to be an album, because here is his copyright claim for the artwork.

iIrbsG1.jpg

Though I could not find any info on this album whatsoever

Saw this on a few other forums, thought it was an April fools joke, did some digging, and found out it's real....

So, what would Axl need a trademark for "Stay of Execution" for? It was filed in June 2014.... Maybe the next album? A new band? A book?

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4805:mg4zxk.14.1

Given the ICs, it is a live release. A DVD or cinema release.

Saw this on a few other forums, thought it was an April fools joke, did some digging, and found out it's real....

So, what would Axl need a trademark for "Stay of Execution" for? It was filed in June 2014.... Maybe the next album? A new band? A book?

I think the ICs cover everything for a band.

- Music releases, both video and audio.

- Live performances

- Website with news, photos, videos and music

To me, this trademark is for a band name. It's been filed to be used in connection with the above things.

Edited by Spirit

I think the ICs cover everything for a band.

- Music releases, both video and audio.

- Live performances

- Website with news, photos, videos and music

To me, this trademark is for a band name. It's been filed to be used in connection with the above things.

Maybe

Based on the numbers, if I was a betting man, I would bet on a DVD or film release first, then possibly a tour moniker

The band name thing would be a new process I have never seen before if it does happen. We live and learn though

.. Or there is the possibility nothing will happen because of the legal process or Axl does not pursue the idea

Edited by Mysteron

But, is it usual to trademark a DVD title or tour name?

After some research I've found that you simply can't trademark an album name. Not sure about a music DVD, but logic says that the same rules apply there.

Mysteron, what do you mean by new process regarding the band name?

After some research I've found that you simply can't trademark an album name. Not sure about a music DVD, but logic says that the same rules apply there.

I worked with The Quireboys, Thunder, The Almighty, Little Angels, Atom Seed etc. When you have a name in one country, you have to register it in other countries. There is a process.

With the ICs, 041 is live performance, 009 is DVD or CD. That is what they mean

Why would Axl trademarked an album title?

(apart from getting the legal rights to the GNR name)

Yes, that was very rational

you know i know that Axl is a nutjob, but at that time, EVERY other member is a junkie ('cept Izzy and Matt and Dizzy but Izzy walk away in 91 and Matt/Dizzy are just hired hands too)

So he was right when he obtain the name

What was done with the name it's an other thing and Axl fucked up obviously

Edited by Strange Broue

I worked with The Quireboys, Thunder, The Almighty, Little Angels, Atom Seed etc. When you have a name in one country, you have to register it in other countries. There is a process.

The "IC" code stands for International Class code right?

It covers as you say entertainment (cultural activities), which in this case are live performances, and reproduction of sound or images.

If it is indeed a name for a tour and subsequently a cd and DVD release from that tour, I can see that this is covered in the above categories.

Since you've worked with bands, is it normal to trademark the name of a tour?

GNR haven't done it before. I've searched other band's tours as well, and nothing came up.

The "IC" code stands for International Class code right?

It covers as you say entertainment (cultural activities), which in this case are live performances, and reproduction of sound or images.

If it is indeed a name for a tour and subsequently a cd and DVD release from that tour, I can see that this is covered in the above categories.

Since you've worked with bands, is it normal to trademark the name of a tour?

GNR haven't done it before. I've searched other band's tours as well, and nothing came up.

Bands attempt to trademark things all the time, but they very often fail

Edited by Mysteron

ehXPTwl.jpg

a1tqx4.jpg

Without You was the title for Del's novel (Estranged based on that)