W. Axl Rose owns a trademark for "Stay of Execution".

Illusions are double albums, i.e. 4 albums. Wait more years, when Axl is even lazier, then we can elevate them to 8 albums in order to inflate his discography even more.

PS

I might apply 'Crazy Axl fan logic' to other aspects of my life: ''my penis size is really__''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Having to take Slash to rehab or worrying about them dying and the band ending were probably the concerns of the label. Keeping them alive probably was a hassle.

Then of course you have Axl. Definitely caused his fair share of problems. But it's more out of the bands pockets. It's like riot? Goody more album sales.

Slash said due to all the toga parties and late shows he didn't make much off the UYI tours. But the label must have made 100s of millions of dollars from record sales.

:rofl-lol:

Each UYI is a single album, but the vinyl was 2 LP's. That's the argument, right?

edit: how the fuck did this thread devolve into this? :lol:

Physical Graphitti is seen as a double album, right? 15 tracks.

UYI I has 16 tracks? Basically 2 records, a double album.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

That is two seperate albums. I don't see any double album there. It was a double release it wasn't a double album. Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was a double album. Not hard to figure out people. :facepalm:

Tell that to Axl in 1991

he said: 4 records, 2 CD's :lol:

https://youtu.be/-ok6-bqFvCE?t=5952

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

That is two seperate albums. I don't see any double album there. It was a double release it wasn't a double album. Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was a double album. Not hard to figure out people. :facepalm:

That's not the question. The question is, are the Illusion two separate double albums or two separate single albums.

Well if anyone is actually debating whether each indivdual Illusions album is a double album or not they are idiots. That's the truth. Use Your Illusion 1 is ONE seperate single album and Use Your Illusion 2 is another separte single album. They are not double albums :rolleyes:

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

That's not the question. The question is, are the Illusion two separate double albums or two separate single albums.

Both are double albums

Well, Axl was an idiot way back then

You know better than him i guess

Drunk and coked-up Axl said: "Four records. Two CDs."

Oh sorry i just saw that you posted this :headbang:

Edited by Strange Broue

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Tell that to Axl in 1991

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Well if anyone is actually debating whether each indivdual Illusions album is a double album or not they are idiots. That's the truth. Use Your Illusion 1 is ONE seperate single album and Use Your Illusion 2 is another separte single album. They are not double albums :rolleyes:

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Both are double albums

I do know better than Axl. Thats been obvious for about 15 years now. The same clowns who say the Illusion albums are double albums are the same clowns who would consider Rattle and Hum a double album. Clowns plain and simple.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Tell that to Axl in 1991

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Both are double albums

I do know better. Thats been obvious for about 15 years now. The same clowns who say the Illusion albums are double albums are the same clowns who would consider Rattle and Hum a double album. Clowns plain and simple.

- You know what exactly? Care to elaborate? 15 years?

- Wtf is Rattle and Hum?

So people who have different opinion than yours are clowns. Cool

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Tell that to Axl in 1991

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Both are double albums

I do know better than Axl. Thats been obvious for about 15 years now. The same clowns who say the Illusion albums are double albums are the same clowns who would consider Rattle and Hum a double album. Clowns plain and simple.

Had to google Rattle and Hum, because, you know, it's U2 ;), but here's the original RS review of Rattle & Hum from 1988:

"Rattle and Hum is an expression of U2's urge to have it both ways. A sprawling double album that incorporates live tracks, cover versions, collaborations, snippets of other people's music and a passage from a taped interview, the record is an obvious effort to clear the conceptual decks and lower expectations following the multiplatinum success of The Joshua Tree."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/rattle-and-hum-19881117

Clowns :rolleyes:

Edited by misch

Well ya. Cuz you could only put half an album on one lp. Which is what ppl are saying about old albums being considered doubles. Just the way it was.

:facepalm:

You got a fucking problem muppet? You said a drunk, coked up axl, as if he was incoherent.

Well ya. Cuz you could only put half an album on one lp. Which is what ppl are saying about old albums being considered doubles. Just the way it was.

:facepalm:

You got a fucking problem muppet? You said a drunk, coked up axl, as if he was incoherent.

Uh, so bad ass. No, I don't have a fucking!! problem. Your statement is stupid based on your ignorant assumption.

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Tell that to Axl in 1991

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Use Your Illsion 1

Use Your Illusion 2

Both are double albums

Double CD, double album. Who the fuck cares?

Are you people really so stupid to resort to arguing about this?

• Like 3

Each UYI is a single album, but the vinyl was 2 LP's. That's the argument, right?

edit: how the fuck did this thread devolve into this? :lol:

Thank you.

People are arguing about schematics now.

I'm pretty sure when Canter said that the Illusions were double albums - in reference to how many releases GnR had - he wasn't specifically referring to one specific type of production, but was talking about the OVERALL number of "releases" GnR had.

99% of the time when somebody says "it's a double album" they aren't referencing the physical number of record albums (unless they are record collectors).

Both Illusions were 75 minutes long.

Chinese was 71 minutes long.

So in terms of album releases, if one considers the Illusions to both be double albums..........then one must also consider CD to be a double album.

Axl, Fernando and The Beta - please release a new album so us fans can stop arguing about stupid stuff.