W. Axl Rose owns a trademark for "Stay of Execution".

How would we even know whenever he renews it?

The system updates regularly so if it changes from "Live" to "Dead" then we'll know he hasn't, but I'm not sure which date it expires on.

The last status is:

"Notice of Allowance (NOA) sent (issued) to the applicant. Applicant must file a Statement of Use or Extension Request within six months of the NOA issuance date."

NOA was sent on Dec 23, 2014.... so, Jun 23, 2015 it's the deadline to accept the trademark or to request an extension.

2 days to go!

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86302577&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

How would we even know whenever he renews it?

The system updates regularly so if it changes from "Live" to "Dead" then we'll know he hasn't, but I'm not sure which date it expires on.

The last status is:

"Notice of Allowance (NOA) sent (issued) to the applicant. Applicant must file a Statement of Use or Extension Request within six months of the NOA issuance date."

NOA was sent on Dec 23, 2014.... so, Jun 23, 2015 it's the deadline to accept the trademark or to request an extension.

2 days to go!

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86302577&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Ah I see.

Well... that's not going to happen!

This copyright must be for the letter he wrote to the Indo prez?

Cool album title though. But an electric chair on the cover and it's a wrap.

Little too similar to the cover art of Ride the Lightning, no?
What the whole room in grainy black n white.

This copyright must be for the letter he wrote to the Indo prez?

Cool album title though. But an electric chair on the cover and it's a wrap.

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Digital media, namely, pre-recorded DVDs, downloadable audio and video recordings, and CDs featuring and promoting music; Pre-recorded CDs, video tapes, laser disks and DVDs featuring musicafter the published for opposition date? If the latter, then there's 4 months left.
October Wind. Edited by wasted

The credit must go to ChineseIRS on this forum! :)

From what I can gather, it's a trademark for a band name most likely. It fits the categories it is filed under. You can't trademark an album name directly.

I don't know much about copyright law, but didn't Axl threaten to sue Offspring when they were going to call their album "Chinese Democrazy (You Snooze You Lose)"?

It was a joke sent to the press by The Offspring. "Democracy" not your recollection. Why would legal action be taken on a clear joke?

So what is the ruling here? I can tell it's not a residency or an album title so most likely a company.

• 1 month later...

you raised an interesting point - 'typical Axl'

well, then agai, doesn't Axl have people who are on the payroll to meet deadlines?

Sure he has. A legal army. The legend says he sues people all the time.

My bet is, Axl resigned from the trademark to Stay of Execusion but it was easier for him to ignore it and not keep the deadline, than fill in more paper work sayin "yea I resign anyway"

• 5 months later...

Nah. I don't think it had any significance, honestly.

It would have made a pretty good album name.

Any name will be a good name. Music is the point.

Disagree. Legend of the Red Panda would be an atrocious name

It was a T R O L L.. not reality. The joke is over. Move on to bigger and better things.

Edited by Randy Jesus