Suicide Squad/Jared Leto as the Joker Thread

Once the movie's first official photo of the Joker came out, people had already started to veer away from the hate

This is not how I remember it. I remember backslash until the trailer came out. You can find movie websites from 2007 where people were shitting on Heath after the first picture was released. :shrugs:

:rofl-lol:

Why are they still pushing Jai Courtney?

a black hole of charisma, that guy.

reminds me of sam worthington... who was equally ungrateful for his success (in an interview after avatar he sort of snidely denigrated american audiences for liking big action movies -- i recently read an interview with courtney where he pretty much said the same thing, and he's made it clear he was never a fan of terminator or die hard so it's like... why does he keep getting these roles?).

I remember when people gave Heath Ledger shit for his version of "The Joker," and it turned out to be one of greatest performances in comic-based movies of all time. I'm gonna wait until the trailer is out before I pass any judgment on it.

Exactly

I remember when people gave Heath Ledger shit for his version of "The Joker," and it turned out to be one of greatest performances in comic-based movies of all time. I'm gonna wait until the trailer is out before I pass any judgment on it.

Exactly

I don't think anyone is really knocking Leto as the Joker, or what he's capable of. It's the look they don't like i.e. the tattoos. While that doesn't take away from the performance, it just kind of makes it a bit silly and not how people want to see that character look.

I have full faith in Leto as the Joker though. He's come a long way in acting in the last few years.

Love the tattoos! I think Jared Leto is going to be an amazing joker! Can't wait to see this movie. I think Jared will be the best joker since Heath Ledger.

Well, Ledger was the last live action Joker so that's a given.

Ummm, no he wasn't

Love the tattoos! I think Jared Leto is going to be an amazing joker! Can't wait to see this movie. I think Jared will be the best joker since Heath Ledger.

Well, Ledger was the last live action Joker so that's a given.

Ummm, no he wasn't

Am I missing something? Besides the Joker from the TV show Gotham who I don't count.

Exactly

I don't think anyone is really knocking Leto as the Joker, or what he's capable of. It's the look they don't like i.e. the tattoos. While that doesn't take away from the performance, it just kind of makes it a bit silly and not how people want to see that character look.

I have full faith in Leto as the Joker though. He's come a long way in acting in the last few years.

Maybe so.

Just seems like when anything new or popular comes out, people have to complain about it.

• Like 1