Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm actually enjoying your guys' reviews more than the circle jerk of goodness on the FC. Seeing you guys rank If Eternity Should Fail a 6.5/10, which everyone on the FC is acting like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, is helping ground my expectations a bit :)

Seems most people, both here and on the FC/Facebook are saying The Red And The Black is the highlight.

Since we've already sort of brought up the topic of ranking the reunion albums, and people are ranking the new album, how do you guys rank the songs on the other reunion albums? Here's my breakdowns:

Brave New World

1. Blood Brothers

2. Brave New World

3. Out Of The Silent Planet

4. Dream Of Mirrors

5. Ghost Of The Navigator

6. The Wicker Man

7. The Thing Line Between Love And Hate

8. The Fallen Angel

9. The Mercenary

10. The Nomad

Dance Of Death

1. Paschendale

2. Journeyman

3. Rainmaker

4. No More Lies

5. Dance Of Death

6. New Frontier

7. Wildest Dreams

8. Gates Of Tomorrow

9. Montsegur

10. Face In The Sand

11. Age Of Innocence

A Matter Of Life And Death

1. The Longest Day

2. These Colours Don't Run

3. The Legacy

4. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

5. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

6. For The Greater Good Of God

7. Different World

8. Out Of The Shadows

9. The Pilgrim

10. Lord Of Light

The Final Frontier

1. When The Wild Wind Blows

2. The Talisman

3. Coming Home

4. Isle Of Avalon

5. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier

6. Mother Of Mercy

7. El Dorado

8. The Man Who Would Be King

9. The Alchemist

10. Starblind

I'm actually enjoying your guys' reviews more than the circle jerk of goodness on the FC. Seeing you guys rank If Eternity Should Fail a 6.5/10, which everyone on the FC is acting like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, is helping ground my expectations a bit :)

Seems most people, both here and on the FC/Facebook are saying The Red And The Black is the highlight.

the red and the black is like the 2015 version of rime of the ancient mariner. it has a very similar riff and its 13 minutes long and in some parts has the same kind of setup and vocal delivery. there is one part that sounds just like the segment in rime where it starts "the mariner kills the bird of good omen"

shadow of the valley has a opening riff that is really similar to the opening riff of wasted years as well.

Loved this design:

metal-hammer-iron-maiden-3d-book-of-soul

I believe that crest is what's on the discs also. I could be wrong, as I've sort of just half glossed over images of the packaging on Facebook.

the red and the black is like the 2015 version of rime of the ancient mariner. it has a very similar riff and its 13 minutes long and in some parts has the same kind of setup and vocal delivery. there is one part that sounds just like the segment in rime where it starts "the mariner kills the bird of good omen"

shadow of the valley has a opening riff that is really similar to the opening riff of wasted years as well.

Interesting. Is it like blatant ripoff, or just something that will remind people of those songs?

Loved this design:

I believe that crest is what's on the discs also. I could be wrong, as I've sort of just half glossed over images of the packaging on Facebook.

Interesting. Is it like blatant ripoff, or just something that will remind people of those songs?

i think its more to remind people it takes a lot of different directions but one segment did sound like rime a lot

• Like 1

So far my favorite is Empire Of Clouds then second is Eternity. Listening to the album for the third time today.

Loved this design:

Not a blatant rip off. There is lots of little hints of earlier Maiden on here.

Since we've already sort of brought up the topic of ranking the reunion albums, and people are ranking the new album, how do you guys rank the songs on the other reunion albums? Here's my breakdowns:

Brave New World

1. Blood Brothers

2. Brave New World

3. Out Of The Silent Planet

4. Dream Of Mirrors

5. Ghost Of The Navigator

6. The Wicker Man

7. The Thing Line Between Love And Hate

8. The Fallen Angel

9. The Mercenary

10. The Nomad

Dance Of Death

1. Paschendale

2. Journeyman

3. Rainmaker

4. No More Lies

5. Dance Of Death

6. New Frontier

7. Wildest Dreams

8. Gates Of Tomorrow

9. Montsegur

10. Face In The Sand

11. Age Of Innocence

1. The Longest Day

3. The Legacy

4. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

5. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

6. For The Greater Good Of God

7. Different World

8. Out Of The Shadows

9. The Pilgrim

10. Lord Of Light

The Final Frontier

2. The Talisman

3. Coming Home

4. Isle Of Avalon

5. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier

6. Mother Of Mercy

7. El Dorado

8. The Man Who Would Be King

9. The Alchemist

10. Starblind

I love lists... couldn't resist:

Brave New World

1.The Wicker Man

2. Blood Brothers

3. Ghost Of The Navigator

4. Out Of The Silent Planet

5. The Mercenary

6. Brave New World

7. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

8. Dream Of Mirrors

9. The Nomad

10. The Fallen Angel

Dance Of Death

1. No More Lies

2. Paschendale

3. Rainmaker

4. New Frontier

5. Montsegur

6. Dance Of Death

7. Wildest Dreams

8. Gates Of Tomorrow

9. Journeyman

10. Face In The Sand

11. The Age Of Innocence

1. Out Of The Shadows

3. The Pilgrim

4. Different World

5. The Legacy

6. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

7. The Longest Day

8. For The Greater Good Of God

9. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

10. Lord Of Light

The Final Frontier

2. El Dorado

3. The Final Frontier

4. The Talisman

5. Isle Of Avalon

6. Mother Of Mercy

7. Coming Home

8. Starblind

9. The Alchemist

10. The Man Who Would Be King

The Book Of Souls (So Far)

1. The Red And The Black

2. The Empire Of The Clouds

3. The Book Of Souls

4. When The River Runs Deep

5. Speed Of Light

6. The Man Of Sorrows

7. Tears Of A Clown

8. The Great Unknown

9. If Eternity Should Fail

10. Shadows Of The Valley

11. Death Or Glory

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 1

Finally getting to really take in Empire of the Clouds

Holy shit, this might be my favorite Maiden song, ever. I hope they play this live so bad. This will make all those years of waiting to see them worth it.

P5, I probably can't do AC/DC this week as I'm jobless. But I promise if you can come to Detroit, I will save up and go all out for Maiden. I'll make it an extreme priority.

^^ That's honestly fine that they think they won't play Empire of the Clouds live. An 18 min. song in a 110 min or so set? That's a sixth of a set that could have been used for like 3-4 songs and I can't imagine them doing "An Evening With" set like Rush does, to get that extra time and still fit everything else they want to play well, so yeah, doing that song is probably a no go.

Edited by Anguyen92

Finally getting to really take in Empire of the Clouds

Holy shit, this might be my favorite Maiden song, ever. I hope they play this live so bad. This will make all those years of waiting to see them worth it.

P5, I probably can't do AC/DC this week as I'm jobless. But I promise if you can come to Detroit, I will save up and go all out for Maiden. I'll make it an extreme priority.

I' thinking no Detroit gig on this tour since the NA dates will be fairly limited. I do plan on doing Chicago next year though ;)

And BS is right - Bruce has said he'd like to do EOTC in a solo show where he can do more of a presentation, take talk breaks, etc. but he said Maiden won't do it live.

I'm a huge Hemispheres Rush fan who loves a 2112, Cygnus X-1 and other epics but c'mon... 18 minutes of Empire of the Clouds in the midst of a Maiden gig would piss lota of people out. It's not the same public. I just hope they do Red and The Black in it's full.

Think I may have to do Toronto for BOS tour. B-)

Do it!!! I'd love to meet up again :)

I'm a huge Hemispheres Rush fan who loves a 2112, Cygnus X-1 and other epics but c'mon... 18 minutes of Empire of the Clouds in the midst of a Maiden gig would piss lota of people out. It's not the same public. I just hope they do Red and The Black in it's full.

If they do The Red And The Black I'm sure it will be in its entirety; the only times they've done an abridged version of a song live are Out Of The Silent Planet (They played the single version because the intro on the album version was too complex), and Angel & The Gambler (And who's complaining about that one?).
  • Like 1