Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, first listen and I didn't really feel that "Oh yeah, Maiden's back!" excitement, but then a couple more listens and I do like it. Not love it, but it's a good single for me.

Very excited for the album. It's going to be a long wait...

Only 2 and a half weeks :tongue2:

I keep thinking we're still in July, so the album is so far away for me haha. But two and half weeks is sounding good to me.

Your thoughts P5?

Just got home from running around the city getting copies for everyone in Europe - I had to get 13 of them :lol:

The song is awesome. Not at all what I expected (Almost a little bluesy?) but I love it still. Better lead single than El Dorado or The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg were.

The video I'm a little more undecided on. Kind of cool how there's a lot of references, but it's also cheesy as fuck. Then again Maiden's videos usually are :lol:

Yeah, I mean Holy Smoke's music video is also cheesy as fuck but it's so much fun you don't really care.

The new song is alright. I dig it, but my main interest is the more progressive stuff.

I like the new song a lot, looking forward to the album. And I love Holy Smoke!

So far, if i had to rank it among the post-reunion lead singles, it's be like:

1- Wickerman

2- El Dorado

3- Rainmaker

4- Speed Of Light

5- Different World

Wasn't Wildest Dreams the lead off single for Dance Of Death?

I'd rank them like this:

1. The Wicker Man

2. Speed Of Light

3. El Dorado

4. Wildest Dreams

5. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

EDIT: Now that I think about it again, I'm pretty sure Breeg was the lead off single for AMOLAD. So I have to switch it around.

But I like them all.

Edited by Zeppelin

So far, if i had to rank it among the post-reunion lead singles, it's be like:

1- Wickerman

2- El Dorado

3- Rainmaker

4- Speed Of Light

5- Different World

Wasn't Wildest Dreams the lead off single for Dance Of Death?

I'd rank them like this:

1. The Wicker Man

2. Speed Of Light

3. El Dorado

4. Wildest Dreams

5. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

EDIT: Now that I think about it again, I'm pretty sure Breeg was the lead off single for AMOLAD. So I have to switch it around.

But I like them all.

Wait... You're right. My bad.

Then it's different:

1- Wickerman

2- El Dorado

3- Speed Of Sound

4- Wildest Dreams

5- The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

I don't like Mairden, you could actually say that I dislike them. I've got a friend who knows this but he still sent me the video to the new song. Now I'm undecided, can't figure out wether I like the song or not. I mean the riffing is pretty great. Cowbell's always awesome! I've never liked Bruce's vocals and I think it sounds sort of strained here but at the same time, it's somehow not awful. Production seems a little flat, doesn't it? But it works alright. With Axl on vocals/melodies/lyrics it feels like this song could fit right into the AFD tracklist.

Shit I think I sort of like an Iron Maiden song. Any tips on similar Maiden songs?

I don't like Mairden, you could actually say that I dislike them. I've got a friend who knows this but he still sent me the video to the new song. Now I'm undecided, can't figure out wether I like the song or not. I mean the riffing is pretty great. Cowbell's always awesome! I've never liked Bruce's vocals and I think it sounds sort of strained here but at the same time, it's somehow not awful. Production seems a little flat, doesn't it? But it works alright. With Axl on vocals/melodies/lyrics it feels like this song could fit right into the AFD tracklist.

Shit I think I sort of like an Iron Maiden song. Any tips on similar Maiden songs?

Anything Adrian Smith had a hand in writing(especially the singles). Can I Play With Madness, Wicker Man, Wasted Years, 2 Minutes To Midnight, El Dorado, 22 Acacia Avenue, The Prisoner, would be a good place to start.

Yeah, basically the poppier Adrian Smith-penned singles. Start with the lead single off the last few albums; The Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams (Rainmaker too, which was the second single in Dance Of Death), Different World (Actually the second single on A Matter Of Life And Death, but the first is in the prog end of the spectrum), and El Dorado.

Trooper Beer will be sponsoring a bunch of listening parties in the US on the evening before the album is released - here's a details and venues:

Following the announcement of two special, sold out The Book Of Souls playback events hosted by IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain at his Rock N Roll Ribs restaurant in Coconut Creek, FL. on September 3rd, TROOPER, the premium British beer created by Iron Maiden and handcrafted by Robinsons’ brewery in England, is proud to present nationwide playback parties held in 24 retail outlets and 22 bars, restaurants and ale houses across the U.S. These special listening events are free and open to the public and will give fans a chance to hear Iron Maiden’s new album, The Book of Souls, in its entirety before its official release on September 4, 2015.

No alcohol will be served at the Independent Record Store events. However, fans will be able to pre-order their copy of The Book of Souls and receive a limited edition lithograph with every order while supplies last.

Many of the participating bars, restaurants and ale houses will be also be hosting an array of events including live metal bands, local rock DJ’s, free giveaways and contests to win special TROOPER collectibles, IRON MAIDEN catalogs and The Book Of Souls related prizes. Check with your local participating bars for the night’s events.

The Book Of Souls is IRON MAIDEN’s 16th studio album and was recorded in Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris with longstanding producer Kevin Shirley. With 11-tracks and a total running time of 92 minutes, The Book Of Souls is IRON MAIDEN’s first ever double studio album and features the new single “Speed Of Light.”

So gather your friends and sit back and savor a TROOPER beer while being among the first to listen to Iron Maiden’s new album The Book Of Souls, in its entirety. Limited seating available so get there early!

DATE VENUE CITY/STATE

All Times Are Local

Sept. 3 - Nicko’s Rock N Roll Ribs (3:30pm) Coconut Creek, FL SOLD OUT

Sept. 3 - Nicko’s Rock N Roll Ribs (9:00pm) Coconut Creek, FL SOLD OUT

Sept. 3 - Grumpy’s NE (6:30pm) Minneapolis, MN

Sept. 3 - Melt Bar N’ Grilled (8:30pm) Lakewood, OH

Sept. 3 - House of Blues (9:00pm) Chicago, IL

Sept. 3 - House of Blues (7:00pm) Anaheim, CA

Sept. 3 - BBD’s Beers Burgers Desserts (6:00pm) Rocky Point, NY

Sept. 3 - The Mix (8:00pm) Seattle, WA

Sept. 3 - North Side Yacht Club (10:00pm) Cincinnati, OH

Sept. 3 - The Craftsman Ale House (9:00pm) Harrison, NY

Sept. 3 - Brotzeit Lokal (7:00pm) Oakland, CA

Sept. 3 - Rascals (8:00pm) Moline, IL

Sept. 3 - The Basement East (7:00pm) Nashville, TN

Sept. 3 - Hurry Back (8:00pm) Nashville, TN

Sept. 3 - Liquid Smoke (9:00pm) Murfreeboro, TN

Sept. 3 - Riot Room(7:00pm) Kansas City, MO

Sept. 3 - Toronado (6:00pm) Seattle, WA

Sept. 3 - Rippers Rock House (7:00pm) Akron, OH

Sept. 3 - The Bucket Trade (9:00pm) Chester, VA

Sept. 3 - Dearborn Music Detroit, MI *

Sept. 3 - Graywhale Salt Lake City, UT *

Sept. 3 - Easy Street Seattle, WA *

Sept. 3 - Twist & Shout Denver, CO *

Sept. 3 - Music Millennium Portland, OR *

Sept. 3 - Record Exchange Bosie, ID *

Sept. 3 - Plan 9 Richmond, VA *

Sept. 3 - Reckless Chicago, IL *

Sept. 3 - Salzers Ventura, CA *

Sept. 3 - Vintage Vinyl Fords, NJ *

Sept. 3 - Waterloo Austin, TX *

Sept. 3 - Zia Phoenix, AZ *

Sept. 3 - Zia Las Vegas, NV *

Sept. 3 - Culture Clash Toledo, OH *

Sept. 3 - Criminal Records Atlanta, GA *

Sept. 3 - Looney Tunes Long Island, NY *

Sept. 3 - Darkside Records Poughkeepsie, NY *

Sept. 3 - Record Archive Rochester, NY *

Sept. 3 - Dimple Records Roseville, CA *

Sept. 3 - Radioactive Records Ft. Lauderdale, FL *

Sept. 3 - Grimey's Nashville, TN *

Sept. 3 - Sound Garden Baltimore, MD *

Sept. 3 - Rhino Records Claremont, CA *

Sept. 3 - Sound Garden Syracuse, NY *

Sept. 4 - World of Beer (7:00pm) Sugar Land, TX

Sept. 4 - Crows Nest (8:00pm) Maplewood, MO

Sept. 8 - Cigars and Stripes (8:00pm) Berwyn, IL

http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/usa

What's your favorite Maiden album cover, P5?

Somewhere In Time, easily. There was just so much effort put into that one with all the references and easter eggs and whatnot. I can't remember the exact number offhand, but there's something ridiculous like 50 references on it. It took Riggs over 4 months to illustrate.

• Like 1

Yeah that's a pretty cool one. No love for Dance of Death? :lol: I like Fear of the Dark a lot (probably my favorite Maiden song too), and something about the Book of Souls cover is really cool to me too. A Matter of Life and Death is really good also.

Also, original covers, or the remastered ones? i.e. Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, etc.

Damn, my mates girlfriend just spent a few months in France (she's studying to be a French teacher) and met Faye Harris (Steve's daughter). They got on well and Faye said she'll hook them up next time Maiden is near (or in London, if they can make that).

I REALLY hope this is a bring-a-friend kind of offer! :P

Yeah that's a pretty cool one. No love for Dance of Death? :lol: I like Fear of the Dark a lot (probably my favorite Maiden song too), and something about the Book of Souls cover is really cool to me too. A Matter of Life and Death is really good also.

Also, original covers, or the remastered ones? i.e. Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, etc.

lolDance Of Death (Although the album itself is awesome). I like the Eddie on The Book Of Souls, but I don't like how plain the cover is. Plus, it has the pre-1998 logo which bugs me. Most people don't like AMOLAD since Eddie isn't prominent enough on it, but I agree that it's cool. And I'm in the vast minority that loves the artwork for The Final Frontier.

As for the "new" covers for the remasters, NOTB is the only one I prefer. Iron Maiden just looks stupid, No Prayer For The Dying got neutered when they took the guy out of Eddie's hand, and the color scheme on Somewhere In Time looks bad.

I honestly don't know if I have a least favorite besides Dance Of Death - there's nothing else I really hate.

lolDance Of Death (Although the album itself is awesome). I like the Eddie on The Book Of Souls, but I don't like how plain the cover is. Plus, it has the pre-1998 logo which bugs me. Most people don't like AMOLAD since Eddie isn't prominent enough on it, but I agree that it's cool. And I'm in the vast minority that loves the artwork for The Final Frontier.

As for the "new" covers for the remasters, NOTB is the only one I prefer. Iron Maiden just looks stupid, No Prayer For The Dying got neutered when they took the guy out of Eddie's hand, and the color scheme on Somewhere In Time looks bad.

I honestly don't know if I have a least favorite besides Dance Of Death - there's nothing else I really hate.

I really don't like the X Factor cover. It completely ruins Maiden's comic book style. Also, it really bugs me that the Iron Maiden logo on Fear Of The Dark is side ways... Why? Of the new covers, my favorite is actually Final Frontier. Love the alien Eddie, the color scheme and the skulls. Worst cover is definitely Dance of Death but it is one of my favorite new era albums, so I give it a discount. My favorite all-time Maiden cover must be Powerslave, even though it's not my favorite classic maiden album.