Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a huge Hemispheres Rush fan who loves a 2112, Cygnus X-1 and other epics but c'mon... 18 minutes of Empire of the Clouds in the midst of a Maiden gig would piss lota of people out. It's not the same public. I just hope they do Red and The Black in it's full.i ti

i think playing it sparingly would be cool it would be an event when they did decide to play it live. it could be the final track before a finale. blind guardian has a 14 minute song that they play live from time to time that people lose their shit over when its played.

Finally got a chance to listen to this today. Really, really solid. AMOLAD is my favorite post-reunion album but after 1 listen this has the potential to match or top that, I'd say. Favorites were the title track, The Red and The Black, and Empire of the Clouds. Definitely will listen a few more times this week. What a year for music, huh?

• Like 2

A little background on Empire Of The Clouds for those interested:

i knew the song was about an airship that was destroyed in france but i didnt know it was based on an actual event.(knowing maidens history i should have known)

Can't stop listening to this album. And ues, IESF is a hell of a grower

i cant either(listening to it now). i was optimistic the album would be a good one but this blew my expectations out of the water.

Edited by bran
  • Like 3

I wanted to get in vinyl but here in Brazil they're selling it for like... R$ 250, that's about $62,5

That's pretty typical for Maiden vinyl. I paid about $75 for From Fear To Eternity, which was their last 3 LP release. This one I preordered when Amazon had a mistake price on it - I got it for $10 :D
my interview would end up something like this

rTHC2Jq.gif

the production on this album is much better than past albums and sounds really good on a stereo, not sure how my neighbors feel.

:lol:

Honestly, Bruce is the only person I've ever met that I was even a little star struck by - I know we spent a good 5 minutes chatting, but I can't honestly tell you what we talked about at all. I just NEVER expected to meet Bruce, so the whole time we were talking, inside I was going "This can't be happening! This can't be happening!"

I wanted to get in vinyl but here in Brazil they're selling it for like... R$ 250, that's about $62,5

That's pretty typical for Maiden vinyl. I paid about $75 for From Fear To Eternity, which was their last 3 LP release. This one I preordered when Amazon had a mistake price on it - I got it for $10 :D

rTHC2Jq.gif

the production on this album is much better than past albums and sounds really good on a stereo, not sure how my neighbors feel.

Honestly, Bruce is the only person I've ever met that I was even a little star struck by - I know we spent a good 5 minutes chatting, but I can't honestly tell you what we talked about at all. I just NEVER expected to meet Bruce, so the whole time we were talking, inside I was going "This can't be happening! This can't be happening!"

He's so fucking awesome. Such a nice guy. He's fucking more humble than your average local band frontman :D

And still, haven't stopped listening to The Book Of Souls. This shit is too good. Might be their best post-reunion album after all.

Some fan you are :max:

just wait til I give you a warning point when I get home :fuckyou:

rTHC2Jq.gif

He's so fucking awesome. Such a nice guy. He's fucking more humble than your average local band frontman :D

And still, haven't stopped listening to The Book Of Souls. This shit is too good. Might be their best post-reunion album after all.

I never really WANTED to meet Bruce, there's just so many horror stories about him being a dick to fans. I wouldn't want it to ruin my perception of him. But it was backstage at a gig, he voluntarily went into the VIP tent backstage where we were hanging out and started talking to some other fans in there. I know you can still catch him in really bad moods, but he was so nice that day.