Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

book of souls lands at #4 on the billboard charts, selling 74,000 copies in its first week.

Does Billboard still recognizes double albums as two album copies? If so, that's kinda depressing to see a top-caliber band, that delivered a top-notch album, like Maiden sell not that high, despite that if they announce a full-on NA arena tour, all the shows will be packed.

its just one.

maiden has increased their album sales 5 albums straight.

i thought this was cool and well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMY99WLRhc

Good read. I look forward to part two and read what Paul Di'Anno thinks about it. It would be probably something negative about them and the band and how Bruce can't sing or whatnot, and then, I just laugh it off afterwards.

That, and I want to see Blaze's thoughts, since Blaze is still so appreciative of his time in Maiden.

• 2 weeks later...

FEB 24 - Ft Lauderdale, FLA - BB&T Center

FEB 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

FEB 28 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center

MAR 30 - New York - Madison Square Garden

APR 05 - Detroit, MI - Palace Of Auburn Hills

APR 06 - Chicago, IL - United Center

APR 11 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

APR 13 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

APR 15 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

MSG would be cool, but of course it's gotta be right in the middle of the damn week.

My ratings, all rated by Iron Maiden standards:

If Eternity Should Fail 8

Speed of Light 7

The Great Unknown 8

The Red and the Black 8

When the River Runs Deep 7

The Book of Souls 5

Death or Glory 5

Shadows of the Valley 6

Tears of a Clown 7

The Man of Sorrows 7

Empire of the Clouds 8

So I could do without the bit in the middle, and unfortunately there are no truly stand out tracks for me. Pretty decent but I prefer each of the previous four to it.

Just got back from the Motörboat - nice surprise to come back to after a week of boozing and cruising :D

Really odd dates, not at all what I expected other than like 4 of those. REALLY surprised there's no Texas since San Antinio, Dallas, and Houston are all HUGE markets for them.

I'm definitely doing Ft. Lauderdale, Tulsa, New York, Detroit, and Chicago. Most likely doing Vegas, and possibly doing LA - that one I need to see how it lines up with China but it will likely be on the way. Of course I need to get my ticket now and just eat the money if I don't go because of the damn paperless tickets :fuckyou:

Vegas definitely looks doable.

MSG would be cool, but of course it's gotta be right in the middle of the damn week.

Vegas and LA forum are on weekends. Would probably have to take the Friday off to fly over to LA. But Vegas looks very much doable.

Edited by moreblack

Vegas and LA forum are on weekends. Would probably have to take the Friday off to fly over to LA. But Vegas looks very much doable.
You're in Canada, right? There will be Canadian gigs announced soon, but only 4 of them.

You're in Canada, right? There will be Canadian gigs announced soon, but only 4 of them.

And probably not Winnipeg. Plus, Vegas is warmer.

damn i wish there were more us dates, even if they came to boston i would drive to see them, i was hoping for a ct show but bands just tend to skip over this state all the time lol

^^ Did their displeasure in that show have anything to do regarding this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkjW38U1Gs

No, but on a side note, Bruce actually had the wrong guy thrown out. The guy that actually got thrown out was on the FC trip - he hit this guy behind him that was biting him and hitting this guy's wife, and that was what Bruce caught. Even the security were trying to tell Bruce he had the wrong guy, but he wouldn't have any of it. The guy showed us the bite marks the next day on the FC bus to San Bernardino and they were bad, the dude really causing problems broke the skin like 5 different spots.

No, the band was just really upset with the organization and the treatment of the fans at that show. They let the First To The Barrier people in for the early entry, and once we got in the venue they gave us all sorts of conflicting info; they said we had to access the floor from one aisle and it was the wrong one, at the entrance to the floor they told us we had the wrong color wristbands, etc. they spent so long screwing around that the doors opened for everyone else in the meantime, and almost all the FC members missed out on the barrier. Then at the end security was rushing us out before the band were even offstage, keeping picks, drumsticks, and sweatbands for themselves, etc. Walking out I saw Rod Smallwood talking to some FC people back at the soundboard - I went over to say hi to him and hopefully get a picture. As we were talking security was literally trying to drag me away by my shoulders. They kept telling me Rod had to go somewhere and he got pretty upset then and said "listen, I have NOWHERE to be and I'm enjoying talking to everyone". He made one of the security guards take my picture with him, then he said "oh wait, my Trooper bottle was facing the wrong way - need to do it again", then after the second one he said "why don't you do one more for good measure". You could tell how pissed off the security guard was that we weren't doing what he wanted :lol:

In the FTTB line in Poznan last year we were talking to Jeff (Maiden's head of security) about how things get screwed up sometimes while he was handing out wristbands. I said there was no way it could be as bad as Vegas, and he just groaned and said "FUCK Vegas". He said what was going on is they had like 5 different third party security firms working the gig, and all of them had their own rule sets, even down to things that should be universal, like what different colored wristbands meant once you got in the venue. He said after the gig he had to take all the heads of security aside and said "you guys don't know what the fuck you're doing and if you ever want to see the band play this town again SORT YOU SHIT OUT".

• Like 1

Mexico just got announced - Monterrey on March 1 and Mexico City on March 3. Support from The Raven Age AND Anthrax. Goddamnit.

EDIT: Fuck it, I think I'm gonna do Mexico City instead of Tulsa. Only about $200 more in flights, and Mexico will be way more exciting, plus I can go home and work a few days in between.

The rest of Central/South America has been announced:

MAR 06 - EL SALVADOR, San Salvador - Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez (on sale November 28)

MAR 08 - COSTA RICA, San Jose - Estadio Ricardo Saprissa (on sale October 29)

MAR 11 - CHILE, Santiago - Estadio Nacional (on sale October 9)

MAR 13 - ARGENTINA, Cordoba - Estadio Mario Kempes (on sale October 13)

MAR 15 - ARGENTINA, Buenos Aires - Estadio Velez Sarsfield (on sale October 20)

MAR 17 - BRAZIL, Rio De Janeiro - HSBC Arena (on sale November 12)

MAR 19 - BRAZIL, Belo Horizonte - Esplanada Do Mineirao (on sale November 19)

MAR 22 - BRAZIL, Brasilia - Nilson Nelson Arena (on sale November 20)

MAR 24 - BRAZIL, Fortaleza - Ginasio Olimpico (on sale November 26)

MAR 26 - BRAZIL, Sao Paulo - Allianz Parque (on sale November 5)

All of these dates have Anthrax (Except San Salvador) and The Raven Age opening.

Got my Ft. Lauderdale, Detroit, and Chicago tickets no problem. No luck for MSG though :(

The more I crunched numbers last night, I think I'm gonna do Monterrey AND Mexico City, and drop Tulsa. I can get a round trip flight from Buffalo to Mexico City for about $400, and from there I can get a round trip to Monterrey for just $68.