Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ticket for Split bought \m/

up the irons

Last few day listening only new album, and although Death or Glory is one of least loved songs by many fans - it sounds to me like fine opener for live show - it reminds me of Be Quick Or Be Dead for Live At Donington.

5 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

ticket for Split bought \m/

up the irons

Last few day listening only new album, and although Death or Glory is one of least loved songs by many fans - it sounds to me like fine opener for live show - it reminds me of Be Quick Or Be Dead for Live At Donington.

Opener will definitely be If Eternity Should Fail. They've only had 2 album tours where they didn't open with the opening track of the album, and given the build-up in IESF, it's perfect to use the slow intro as the intro tape.

Yes, it's probably true...

Althoug - more time I listento it - more and more this album becomes better :D It just don't have empty holes like TFF and AMOLAD do...

IESF is maybe the greatest track on album.

Can't wait on Thomas Zwijsen covers of some numbers ...

Wish I could've done a bunch of these. Ended up needing to make travel plans elsewhere this year, so my wallet was disintegrating on me before I could even try any shows. May not even be able to do any shows this year at all. But we'll see.

Setlist:

1. If Eternity Should Fail

2. Speed Of Light

3. Children Of The Damned

4. Tears Of A Clown

5. The Red And The Black

6. The Trooper

7. Powerslave

8. Death Or Glory

9. The Book Of Souls

10. Hallowed Be Thy Name

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. Iron Maiden

---

13. Number Of The Beast

14. Blood Brothers

15. Wasted Years

Full review tomorrow. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

What a great setlist.

Can't believe anyone is complaining about it, I thought it was a great mix. 7/15 songs I'd never seen live before (Granted 6 of them were new). 

I I may not get around to a full review until tomorrow. I slept an hour and a half, now I'm on my way to NYC for the Anthrax listening party for the new album, then I have a 6 hour drive home :lol: I can definitely answer any and all questions all day though. I'll try to get up a pic of the FL & US event shirts too. Tried to post a pic of the merch stand yesterday but it wouldn't upload for some reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Awesome

They picked the right songs from The Book Of Souls well beside Empire obv. Not sure how Tears of a Clown fit in there but I just saw the video for Eternity and it was excellent. 

I had my doubts about how TOAC would work live, it was quite good though.

3 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

Awesome set. Not a huge fan of The Red And The Black, but maybe it's better live?

Definitely better live. Not one of my favorites on the album but it was fun to sing along to.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I'm thinking it probably shines more live. Speed Of Light does. Book Of Souls itself sounds pretty epic live. Although it seems to be testing the durability of Bruce's range if they're gonna do it every show.

Bruce really struggled with TBOS - he didn't even really go for the high notes in the chorus, you could tell how strained he was in that one.

also, here's an Instagram pic of mine:

image.jpeg