Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Holy modern No Prayer-style. I dig the crap out of this.

i was thinking the same thing and bruce sounds great and the video is really cool.

I love it all too. I'm a biased mofo, but I wasn't expecting it to have this kind of vibe at all. Awesome vid!

• Like 1

Your thoughts P5?

Just got home from running around the city getting copies for everyone in Europe - I had to get 13 of them :lol:

The song is awesome. Not at all what I expected (Almost a little bluesy?) but I love it still. Better lead single than El Dorado or The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg were.

The video I'm a little more undecided on. Kind of cool how there's a lot of references, but it's also cheesy as fuck. Then again Maiden's videos usually are :lol:

Your thoughts P5?

Just got home from running around the city getting copies for everyone in Europe - I had to get 13 of them :lol:

The song is awesome. Not at all what I expected (Almost a little bluesy?) but I love it still. Better lead single than El Dorado or The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg were.

The video I'm a little more undecided on. Kind of cool how there's a lot of references, but it's also cheesy as fuck. Then again Maiden's videos usually are :lol:

Yeah, I mean Holy Smoke's music video is also cheesy as fuck but it's so much fun you don't really care.

The new song is alright. I dig it, but my main interest is the more progressive stuff.

Your thoughts P5?

Yeah, I mean Holy Smoke's music video is also cheesy as fuck but it's so much fun you don't really care.

The new song is alright. I dig it, but my main interest is the more progressive stuff.

Oh, me too for sure. But it's not like they're gonna release Empire Of The Clouds as the lead single or anything.

Still, I think this is the most 80's-sounding Maiden song since, well, the 80's. And that's not necessarily a bad thing like it would be for many artists. Maiden has evolved their sound enough without sacrificing songwriting, that it's nice to see they can still belt out a song like this if they see fit.

• Like 2

That is the game Ed Hunter shoudl've been.

Dig the song by the way. It's pretty much Adrian Smith riff rock songwriting 101. The band really missed that in the years he was gone. But he pumps one or two per album now and they're always enjoyable.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2

So, first listen and I didn't really feel that "Oh yeah, Maiden's back!" excitement, but then a couple more listens and I do like it. Not love it, but it's a good single for me.

Very excited for the album. It's going to be a long wait...

Only 2 and a half weeks :tongue2:

So, first listen and I didn't really feel that "Oh yeah, Maiden's back!" excitement, but then a couple more listens and I do like it. Not love it, but it's a good single for me.

Very excited for the album. It's going to be a long wait...

Only 2 and a half weeks :tongue2:

Too long!