Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I much prefer the late 80's and post 2000 albums. More often than not, Somewhere In Time is my favorite. But it all depends on my mood - on a given day I could very well prefer Powerslave to anything else.

I enjoy the early albums, but for some reason it never really connected with me to the degree it did with some fans, wrong generation I guess.

I much prefer the late 80's and post 2000 albums. More often than not, Somewhere In Time is my favorite. But it all depends on my mood - on a given day I could very well prefer Powerslave to anything else.

I enjoy the early albums, but for some reason it never really connected with me to the degree it did with some fans, wrong generation I guess.

Brave New World is as good as the old albums imo. I still listen to it sometimes. So it's possible they'll bust out a great album. I just didn't feel their albums since then were inspired, or at least not as inspired as Brave New World.

It was a special album cause Bruce came back to the band, so it probably had a very positive effect.

On the other hand, not a single album since BNW has come out that hasn't had a moment(or several) that's made me go "yeah they still got it".

Don't get me wrong: I believe they always had it, still got it, and will probably have it for at least a few more albums. But we're talking about a great album.

Brave New World was great as a whole with no shit songs really. Am I wrong? even if I am, the material and performances are so strong that when you finish listening to it you don't just go yeah they still got it you go that's a great Maiden album.

There are always a few songs that make me go yeah they still got it.

Personally I think there are a lot of great yeah they still got it moments in Dance Of Death.

But they can do better then that and I hope they will with the book of souls. Truly excited to hear what they come up with, especially with Bruce having the right kind of fire now that he's back from a fight. Can't wait but I want another classic Maiden album. 5 years since their last one, Bruce back on the horse, long ass progressive songs. Got all the right elements for a truly inspired release.

Edited by Rovim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the Wicker Man video is badass. Maybe they're doing something with Speed Of Light?

Really excited, good times for metalheads. New Megadeth, Slayer, Ghost, Deftones.

They have a song called "Me Hate You". I don't think new Megadeth is anything to get excited about :lol:

Everyone on the Fan Club is assuming there's going to be a Speed Of Light video premiering on Friday since the teaser says to subscribe to their Youtube channel - that isn't enough to convince me we'll get a video yet, at least not on Friday. Plenty of bands release a new song on Youtube without a video to accompany it.