Would you rather...

So I was thinking about this the other day....

Would you rather have a reunion of the Appetite-lineup and have them record an EP consisting of maybe 4-5 songs and then have them do a short tour with maybe 6 date in major cities and finish it all of with a Rock In Rio or Rock Am Ring like show and after that there's no more GN'R or have Axl release the supposed 2 albums of CD material and a tour with NuGN'R for maybe 5-8 more years and then let GN'R die?

I know none of these two scenarios is going to happen, but I was curious about what you guys would prefer! ;)

First one -- only if Axl sounds good and not like utter shit.

Off-topic: That's an awesome gif, buddy.

I don't know but just from looking at it and how long the clip showed matt, slash then Axl hopping backwards it looks like the music was you could be mine?

First one -- only if Axl sounds good and not like utter shit.

Off-topic: That's an awesome gif, buddy.

I don't know but just from looking at it and how long the clip showed matt, slash then Axl hopping backwards it looks like the music was you could be mine?

The gif is from the Estranged video ;)

Just something would be nice. A change from the boring Slash and Myles albums and sporadic greatest hits touring combined with no new music from Axl.

Shit, you're on to something here. Axl and Slash have never been this boring.

So I was thinking about this the other day....

Would you rather have a reunion of the Appetite-lineup and have them record an EP consisting of maybe 4-5 songs and then have them do a short tour with maybe 6 date in major cities and finish it all of with a Rock In Rio or Rock Am Ring like show and after that there's no more GN'R or have Axl release the supposed 2 albums of CD material and a tour with NuGN'R for maybe 5-8 more years and then let GN'R die?

I know none of these two scenarios is going to happen, but I was curious about what you guys would prefer! ;)

I don't care about a reunion.

I want whatever option that concludes with Axl releasing the most music.

CD stuff. Wouldn't be afford to make it to one of the tour dates.

Val22 would no doubt pay your way to go with her to a few shows!!!!

Hard to say. I'm interested in Robin's material but Axl won't allow the songs to sound natural and cool.

If he sang like a beast a reunion would be the coolest rock event of the century. Very hard to top it.

I'm gonna go with a reunion. CD is terrible. The musicians are interesting and very skilled but Axl is a dictator and sounds like shit (at least on CD).

Only a small proportion of people care for CD stuff, and that's fine for those people choosing option 2, everyone's entitled to an opinion and all that.

But personally I don't give 2 shits for CD, CD 2 or even least of all fucking remix shit consisting of players that aren't the real guns n roses.

Just get the original 5 back together plus Dizzy if they really have too, do half a dozen new songs together, tour it and call it a day!

That would be my perfect ending.

• Like 2

the first one

Only a small proportion of people care for CD stuff, and that's fine for those people choosing option 2, everyone's entitled to an opinion and all that.
But personally I don't give 2 shits for CD, CD 2 or even least of all fucking remix shit consisting of players that aren't the real guns n roses.

Just get the original 5 back together plus Dizzy if they really have too, do half a dozen new songs together, tour it and call it a day!

Well to be nitpicky about it 12-14 songs would be the perfect ending haha

• Like 2

the first one

Well to be nitpicky about it 12-14 songs would be the perfect ending haha

Hehe Yep!

I'm so beaten down right now I'd take 1 song from the old guys! Lol

CD II.

It's close but my guess is the 5 or 6 songs wouldn't be that good, then a 6 date tour I wouldn't see.

If they come back I need a full album and years worth of touring. Don't half ass the reunion of the century.

If they get back together there's no reason not to do a triple album.

Edited by wasted

The first one, but well it aint gonna happen, 2nd one has also less chances, but if they do a reunion, then I would like to see them playing songs from CD also like TIL, SOD, Madagascar and Better

Only a small proportion of people care for CD stuff

I would say not "small," but very very small, little tiny portion. Like, really small.

I don't know about that. According to Spotify Chinese Democracy is more popular than Madonna's albums from 2013, 2012 and 2010, despite the fact that she's a media whore. Chinese Democracy is also more popular than any album by Aerosmith except Toys In The Attic. Would you say that only a really small tiny portion of people listens to Aerosmith? Chinese Democracy is more popular than anything by Mötley Crue, except for the Greatest Hits. It's also more popular than any album by Ray Charles, The Who, Sex Pistols, Soundgarden, Deep Purple, The Kinks, Pussycat Dolls, Chuck Berry, Def Leppard, Ice Cube, Jerry Lee Lewis etc... It's about as popular as the newest album by Prince and more popular than all of his past albums except Purple Rain.

Chinese Democracy is definitly no Appetite For Destruction, but I really don't see a point in underestimating it's popularity either.

But on topic, I think I'd choose the second option. The more new music, the better.

I find it hard to believe option 1 would be any good, simply because Axl took a whole different direction, whereas Slash seems to be stuck trying to write more Appetite.

So for that reason, option 2. I want to hear what all the hype has been about, and I want to see Axl for years to come, I think he has one more good run in him, another 2006/10 kind of thing.

• Like 1

It's too hypothetical to even imagine either scenario, for me. You may as well ask if I'd prefer a blowjob from Marilyn Monroe or a titfuck from Jayne Mansfield. I don't know, both would be cool in theory, but neither are going to happen because they're both dead. Much like Axl Rose the rock star/music artist is dead.