New leak?

I'll trade

This was uploaded in 2014, and so random that i think THIS post was from a real hoarder

Fake or not, the snippets sound exactly like something Axl would try...

Let mix his already dated songs just for the sake of something "new" and to not write jackshit with his band

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

There are so many sources for potential leaks it is not even funny:

1) In 1996 Axl composed a side version of GN'R with Paul Huge, Sidd Riggs and Krys Barrato and recorded demos.

2) The Zakk sessions according to Duff produced a few demos

3) Duff/Izzy wrote a dozen songs and demoed them in a week in 1995 and sent them to Axl/Slash

4) There were a couple of dozen rehearsals between 1995 and 1996 which led to at least 7 songs being recorded in full.

5) Then there are the countless sessions with various players from 1997 to 1999, people playing include Billy Howerdel, Dave Abbrusezze, Chris Vrenna, Josh Freese, Robin, Paul, etc

6) Then there were was quite a bit of recording in the early Buckethead era from 2002-2004, and other sessions

7) There were tons of rehearsals for new songs on the last leg of the UYI tour. These resulted in This I Love, Jizz Da Pit, and that song that plays during the Making of Estranged video.

8) The sessions with Brian May in December 1999.

9) Various audition with dozens of guitarists between 1996 and the present day

There's quite a few areas where stuff could leak from. To think that the 14 songs released on CD is all Axl has in the vault is kinda silly just given the volume of recording/rehearsals/etc the various iterations of GN'R went through from 1994 to the present.

This was uploaded in 2014, and so random that i think THIS post was from a real hoarder

Let mix his already dated songs just for the sake of something "new" and to not write jackshit with his band

I wish I had something of value to trade for these tracks, but they've been "coming soon" for over a year.

I think it's interesting the links to obvious fake songs were deleted, but these clips are still here.

I wish I could recover my old HD. I had old Hollywood Rose demos and some other stuff that I'm still shocked many fans haven't heard. The tracks were not high quality, but basically it was a recording session with the tracks from Roots of plus "That Something," "Taxi Driver," and "Your Looks Are Gone."

I had hoped, too, the full remix versions of MSL's 2012 leaks would have surfaced by now. They've got to be around somewhere...

I'll trade

I wish I had something of value to trade for these tracks, but they've been "coming soon" for over a year.

I think it's interesting the links to obvious fake songs were deleted, but these clips are still here.

I wish I could recover my old HD. I had old Hollywood Rose demos and some other stuff that I'm still shocked many fans haven't heard. The tracks were not high quality, but basically it was a recording session with the tracks from Roots of plus "That Something," "Taxi Driver," and "Your Looks Are Gone."

I had hoped, too, the full remix versions of MSL's 2012 leaks would have surfaced by now. They've got to be around somewhere...

your looks are gone is fake

taxi driver and that something is the same song on a different recording session

Umm yes, most of these remix songs were leaked but only in snippet form, Going Down was leaked, but not in this good quality

I thnik this youtube video was a legit attempt on trading unheard songs, the uploader must have the full songs, the sound quality is too good.

Edited by Strange Broue

That youtube sampler sounds legit, for sure. Too bad we will probably never get them. That is 100% Axl screaming in the beginning. Maybe that's Atlas Shrugged

EDIT- That scream is from Scraped... fuck

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

1) In 1996 Axl composed a side version of GN'R with Paul Huge, Sidd Riggs and Krys Barrato and recorded demos.

3) Duff/Izzy wrote a dozen songs and demoed them in a week in 1995 and sent them to Axl/Slash

4) There were a couple of dozen rehearsals between 1995 and 1996 which led to at least 7 songs being recorded in full.

5) Then there are the countless sessions with various players from 1997 to 1999, people playing include Billy Howerdel, Dave Abbrusezze, Chris Vrenna, Josh Freese, Robin, Paul, etc

6) Then there were was quite a bit of recording in the early Buckethead era from 2002-2004, and other sessions

7) There were tons of rehearsals for new songs on the last leg of the UYI tour. These resulted in This I Love, Jizz Da Pit, and that song that plays during the Making of Estranged video.

There's quite a few areas where stuff could leak from. To think that the 14 songs released on CD is all Axl has in the vault is kinda silly just given the volume of recording/rehearsals/etc the various iterations of GN'R went through from 1994 to the present.

But all that shit from the 95-99 era has no vocals, who gives a shit?

Vocals could have been added later.

(Chat from May 2000 - Brian May worked with Axl in December 1999)

Brian May: BOY is there a lot of energy there, you know, and his [Axl's] singing is outrageous. There's some great tracks on it.
MAH: Now this is really interesting, because there has been so much speculation about this new album, "Chinese Democracy" potential its called....
Brian: Mm, yeah.
MAH: ... There are many many people, who've spoken to journalists, who've have played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is "Oh My God", which is obviously featured on the Schwartzenager film, "End Of Days", but you're saying there are more vocal parts then?
Brian: Oh yeah - there's a whole album of vocal parts - in fact there's two albums' worth that they've got there, at least. Um, they played me EVERYTHING. Axl actually sat down and MADE ME listen to everything (laughing) and there's some wonderful stuff there.

I love that image of Axl and Brian May sitting in a studio with Axl making him listen to everything. He must have really valued Brian's opinion.

And I love the image of Axl and Caram using a mouse and ProTools to chop up Brian's guitar work into a dis-melodic mess in order to "improve" it.

At that rate, why even bring him in?

• Like 3

I love that image of Axl and Brian May sitting in a studio with Axl making him listen to everything. He must have really valued Brian's opinion.

And I love the image of Axl and Caram using a mouse and ProTools to chop up Brian's guitar work into a dis-melodic mess in order to "improve" it.

At that rate, why even bring him in?

Can't disagree with you there, I'm sure Brian would happily have done more takes to get it perfect for Axl. It's a shame too, Catcher really suited his playing style.

Yup. You don't chop a solo by Brian May. You just don't.

Bumble's take on the solo is faster and the song seems faster compared to the demo. Although it has grown on me Bumble's solo, May's seems to have more feel. I love how Bumble just rips into the solo. Catcher is a great song.

I wonder if any of the guitar work on the UYI records was 'cut and pasted'? I know the vocals took a long time because they had to be 'perfect'.

That is one admirable trait about the guy. When he does make music, he doesn't half ass it. I mean even if you feel he overcooked it, the intent from his POV was to make the best record possible both with CD and the UYIs. I know a lot of us here think Axl hates us, but I think the guy always really wanted our approval.

He'a an insecure guy, I mean this waa a guy who was one of the most entertaining performers in the world in the 1990s and he had stage fright, thinking he sucked. Axl does a lot of wrong stuff, objectively speaking but I feel like his heart is always in the right place, from his POV he's trying to do the right thing, we just don't agree with it or his methodology. JMO.

• Like 1

Vocals could have been added later.

(Chat from May 2000 - Brian May worked with Axl in December 1999)

Brian May: BOY is there a lot of energy there, you know, and his [Axl's] singing is outrageous. There's some great tracks on it.

MAH: Now this is really interesting, because there has been so much speculation about this new album, "Chinese Democracy" potential its called....

Brian: Mm, yeah.

MAH: ... There are many many people, who've spoken to journalists, who've have played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is "Oh My God", which is obviously featured on the Schwartzenager film, "End Of Days", but you're saying there are more vocal parts then?

Brian: Oh yeah - there's a whole album of vocal parts - in fact there's two albums' worth that they've got there, at least. Um, they played me EVERYTHING. Axl actually sat down and MADE ME listen to everything (laughing) and there's some wonderful stuff there.

I was axl would sit down and make me listen to everything.