Steven Adler "Covering" Rocket Queen

Adler has been the best fit as drummer in GnR. Same as Izzy was on rhythm. Others may be more technical and more skilled but those two OOZED feel.

absolutely. there was a swagger to their playing styles.

now, compare the loose, organic feel of AFD to the super-tight, technically-advanced, "best session players money can buy" feel of ChiDem.

• Like 1

It's amazing he can even still play after having a stroke. Good for him! Some drummers have lost their chops from far less than the abuse that Adler put himself through.

Adler can still rock like it's the 80's. His career was a stroke.

It's amazing he can even still play after having a stroke. Good for him! Some drummers have lost their chops from far less than the abuse that Adler put himself through.

...of genius?

...of genius?

Two thumbs up on that one just a brilliant post dude mwahaha

...of genius?

...of luck

being a drummer myself, i can say theres so many technical players out there that can outplay adler..

but.. you just can't teach that looseness.. i've seen this covered MANY times, and how adler plays is unique, the way he loosely hits those cymbals... nobody can play it like him..

no drummer could replace that sound adler brought..

...of genius?

indeed. When's the reunion, I ain't getting any younger over here.

The swing style of Adler was perfect wasnt it.

I remember watching sorum on the drums during the illusion tour and it was like watching a 4WD... everything was heavy handed and seemed bogged down... where as with steven it was all swing...

really enjoyed watching that and great to see him doing well.

• Like 1

Sweet 'n' Low Swing like Barry Bonds without the P.E.D.s

Feels so good to listen to and sounds fun to play.

This is what's been missing.

GNR needs more Adler.

Edited by doakes