Frank Says GN'R is still going and there will be news very soon..

I don't think "soon" means the same to the members of GNR.

Since Bumblefoot and DJ's leaving, Axl has said nothing about either of them.

I think Axl needs to make a statement as to the future of GNR, but I doubt that will happen.

If Axl wants to tour next year, the management will audition many guitar players and Axl will have the last say. They will learn the set list and tour and unless you keep up with the news on this messageboard, you won't know who the hell is in GNR anymore.

I think we might have a band insider on the forum!!!!

I understand that it's shit when we don't get any updates, but when we do get updates (albeit from Frank who doesn't seem to have much respect around here) and those updates involve plans for the next year, plans that more than 1 person has publicly said are happening, maybe just maybe we don't have to be so depressingly negative about it. When 2016 rolls around, and there's no new material then we can start the whining all over again, and then it wouldn't be negativity for the sake of negativity. I think most people on here need to take a step back from this site, nothings happening and that won't change for a good few months. GnR are not the be all, end all - a great band but there's a ton of great old and some new music to discover out there. So instead of moaning look for some new music while you wait for GnR.

Do you realize how many times these clowns have said they have plans and are moving forward? This is the organization that holds meetings to discuss future meetings about future meetinsg where they might put a plan in place. And when will people like you get it through your heads that none of us are puting out lives on hold. I can quite easily bitch about the shit show that Axl Rose is while still living my life, going to work, discovering new bands and enjoying old bands.

When 2016 rolls around and there's nothing new THEN we can be "negative"? Holy fuck people get more insane by day around here.

Just a little patience... yeeeeeaaaaah!

:facepalm:

Spending hours writing on a section dedicated to a band you hate is better.

And you are basically an idiot if in 2015 you haven't figured out why people like me still post on a GUNS N ROSES site, but carry on thinking you made some profound and intelligent point........ you didn't by the way.

Why would anyone be excited for remixes of songs from 7 years ago?

Can't wait for Shackler in the Rye (Tiesto Ibiza Mix) to kick off the fall.

Edited by Ant

I understand that it's shit when we don't get any updates, but when we do get updates (albeit from Frank who doesn't seem to have much respect around here) and those updates involve plans for the next year, plans that more than 1 person has publicly said are happening, maybe just maybe we don't have to be so depressingly negative about it. When 2016 rolls around, and there's no new material then we can start the whining all over again, and then it wouldn't be negativity for the sake of negativity. I think most people on here need to take a step back from this site, nothings happening and that won't change for a good few months. GnR are not the be all, end all - a great band but there's a ton of great old and some new music to discover out there. So instead of moaning look for some new music while you wait for GnR.

Do you realize how many times these clowns have said they have plans and are moving forward? This is the organization that holds meetings to discuss future meetings about future meetinsg where they might put a plan in place. And when will people like you get it through your heads that none of us are puting out lives on hold. I can quite easily bitch about the shit show that Axl Rose is while still living my life, going to work, discovering new bands and enjoying old bands.

When 2016 rolls around and there's nothing new THEN we can be "negative"? Holy fuck people get more insane by day around here.

Just a little patience... yeeeeeaaaaah!

:facepalm:

Spending hours writing on a section dedicated to a band you hate is better.

And you are basically an idiot if in 2015 you haven't figured out why people like me still post on a GUNS N ROSES site, but carry on thinking you made some profound and intelligent point........ you didn't by the way.

Sorry, but there's no point in posting on a dedicated forum of something you hate (maybe you used to be a big fan?), other than to aggravate everyone around you that doesn't share your same opinion. We all know that Guns are years over due on this record and that we really should be getting the 3rd new GnR record at this stage, not the 2nd... but GnR have historically been slow, from day one... and that's not changing, if anything it's going to get worse. That's not a defence for their lack of output, it is however reality and it's much easier to just accept that, instead of being bitter about it. And you can say "I'm not not bitter, I'm just here to watch the city burn" but come on!?

And I would hope everyone on here is listening to more than GnR too. :)

The only real good thing about the one album in twenty years thing is that it allowed me to expand my music collection.

I honestly use to listen to Guns n Roses more than I listened to all other bands combined. Maybe 60% of my music listening was to GnR and 40% was to all other music.

But over the past few years my Ipod has expanded like you wouldn't believe.

I've got 30 new songs from hardcore superstar.

I've added songs from (believe it or not) Kayne, Jay-Z, Eminem, etc.

I've added songs from bands like Alt-J, Royal Blood, Crobot, Jack White.

Then expanded my old timers section - more Buddy Holly, Marvin Gaye, etc.

Axl's lack of interest in sharing music with his fans has made me expand my listening selection. So in that sense, it's been a very positive thing.

Axl is still my favorite rock artist. And I would still KILL for more music from him. I'd take a new album from him over an album from any other band in the world. But until then - I'll keep discovering new artists, and old artists that I wasn't familiar with.

Hadn't heard of Royal Blood and Crobot before. Sounds pretty neat. Thanks man!

• Like 1

If they contract 2 new guitar players,its over, 1 or 2 years of no news for Gnr, then a tour with those guys,a complete let down an album in five years and Axl fat and old.

Jesus Christ! bring back the old line up! they will make an album for the next year.

• Like 1

If they contract 2 new guitar players,its over, 1 or 2 years of no news for Gnr, then a tour with those guys,a complete let down an album in five years and Axl fat and old.

Jesus Christ! bring back the old line up! they will make an album for the next year.

I think if they got back together in August, we have something on Itunes by Halloween....

https://youtu.be/NTmf3-3ziFU?t=4m33s

https://youtu.be/NTmf3-3ziFU?t=4m33s

Edited by pacu44

The only real good thing about the one album in twenty years thing is that it allowed me to expand my music collection.

I honestly use to listen to Guns n Roses more than I listened to all other bands combined. Maybe 60% of my music listening was to GnR and 40% was to all other music.

But over the past few years my Ipod has expanded like you wouldn't believe.

I've got 30 new songs from hardcore superstar.

I've added songs from (believe it or not) Kayne, Jay-Z, Eminem, etc.

I've added songs from bands like Alt-J, Royal Blood, Crobot, Jack White.

Then expanded my old timers section - more Buddy Holly, Marvin Gaye, etc.

Axl's lack of interest in sharing music with his fans has made me expand my listening selection. So in that sense, it's been a very positive thing.

Axl is still my favorite rock artist. And I would still KILL for more music from him. I'd take a new album from him over an album from any other band in the world. But until then - I'll keep discovering new artists, and old artists that I wasn't familiar with.

Hadn't heard of Royal Blood and Crobot before. Sounds pretty neat. Thanks man!

Check out

Royal Blood: Figure It Out

Crobot: Nowhere to Hide

Hardcore Superstar: Someone Special, Here Comes that Sick Bitch, and Touch The Sky