The Hateful Eight - New/Second Trailer!

RussTCB

i thought it was good. i didn't feel it was too long or boring like some are saying.

the violence in the 2nd half was a bit over the top for my taste. don't get me wrong i like violence but when its that gory and unrealistic like that its takes me out of the film

the Tatum appearance was pretty bad ass though

i'd say its a 7

Edited by -W.A.R-

Just watched it

It's a tad better than Django but the Inglorious still hold the cake for me

Anyway it's a solid 10/8

Yeah, the killing scenes were harsh even for Tarantino standards

Tarantino said that he will only make 10 movies, this was the 8th, i really do hope tha Samuel L. Jackson will be on his future works also Kurt Russell should work with him on his next movie

I laughed a lot about how Tim Roth makes a resemblance of Christoph Waltz, he tried too hard

I really hope that this was the last of his "western" "soldier" race" movie and Quentin should experiment a bit more on contemporary levels

I thought it was pretty good. I haven't been paying attention since the first trailer came out and I didn't have any expectations, but I'd say it's probably an 8/10. It's about a half hour longer than it really needs to be, but that would probably be 'canceled out' if the theater experience is really good.

Keep in mind the digital version will be about 20 mins shorter than the Roadshow Edition (I'm assuming that's what has leaked?)

What leaked is the 167 min version (aka general version)

Edited by Strange Broue

Watched this bit up to 'Daisy whatsherface knows a secret' so about just over half of it and i'll tell you what, this is the best Tarantino film I've seen since Jackie Brown, I mean it is REALLY fantastic, based on what I've seen, I'm not a big one for modern Westerns either but this is fantastic. Like REALLY quality. Can't really talk much about it cuz i know yous lot don't like to have stuff revealed before watching it but have a butchers for yourself, it is fucking sterling :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say thats one of the greatest westerns I've ever seen...and I've seen more westerns that I've had hot dinners. Absolute fucking class. Love it. Put it this way if the trinity is Dogs, Pulp and Jackie well the trinity just got stretch to 4. In fact it might even nudge Pulp out of the trilogy on account of the fact it ain't aged well, that was brilliant. That was better than brilliant, thats restored this tired old film whores faith in cinema, y'know what, I'm gonna go to the cinema and pay to see this and buy the DVD, Quentin deserves my money.

Edited by Len B'stard

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say thats one of the greatest westerns I've ever seen...and I've seen more westerns that I've had hot dinners. Absolute fucking class. Love it. Put it this way if the trinity is Dogs, Pulp and Jackie well the trinity just got stretch to 4. In fact it might even nudge Pulp out of the trilogy on account of the fact it ain't aged well, that was brilliant. That was better than brilliant, thats restored this tired old film whores faith in cinema, y'know what, I'm gonna go to the cinema and pay to see this and buy the DVD, Quentin deserves my money.

Wow. We couldn't be more opposite in our opinions on this.

Why, whats your opinion boss? :)

I'm just completely let down by it. I thought it was absolutely terrible. It's really troubling for me too because I've loved everything he's done on some level.

I'm just completely let down by it. I thought it was absolutely terrible. It's really troubling for me too because I've loved everything he's done on some level.

Why? Like what aspects? Shit story, shit acting, shit writing?

2 of those 3.

I thought the story wasn't interesting at all and the writing to accompany it was terrible as well. It was like he just thought "If I just keep writing dialog for these characters, they'll say or do something interesting."

2 of those 3.

I thought the story wasn't interesting at all and the writing to accompany it was terrible as well. It was like he just thought "If I just keep writing dialog for these characters, they'll say or do something interesting."

Wow man, just goes to show how two people can have such differing reactions to shit, i thought the story was brilliant, claustrophobic, all these people in the same place and it all unfolds real nice and steady and each character has a specific point in being there, and the dialogue was almost consistently a plot device, used to explain the characters later actions or else drive the story forward, the only bit of dialogue that was really at all superfluous was the bit with Tim Roth talking about justice and hangmen and dispassionate-ness...and even then it was a nice touch, it just came across well. Nothing in that film appeared to be pointless or incidental. And the fact that it was a pure westerm, which I've wanted out of QT ever since i saw Kill Bill part 2 and realised his ability in that field, a proper western though, not a sort of blaxploitation revenge thing like Django was.

I absolutely loved it, thought it was grippng.

2 of those 3.

Wow man, just goes to show how two people can have such differing reactions to shit, i thought the story was brilliant, claustrophobic, all these people in the same place and it all unfolds real nice and steady and each character has a specific point in being there, and the dialogue was almost consistently a plot device, used to explain the characters later actions or else drive the story forward, the only bit of dialogue that was really at all superfluous was the bit with Tim Roth talking about justice and hangmen and dispassionate-ness...and even then it was a nice touch, it just came across well. Nothing in that film appeared to be pointless or incidental. And the fact that it was a pure westerm, which I've wanted out of QT ever since i saw Kill Bill part 2 and realised his ability in that field, a proper western though, not a sort of blaxploitation revenge thing like Django was.

I absolutely loved it, thought it was grippng.

Right on. Different opinions make the world go 'round :) I may give it another shot in a few weeks. It very well could have suffered from my own high expectations as well.

What is a screener and how in the world do u guys watch it at home. Don't tell me it's easy to find or a torrent or whatever. Can somebody specifically point out where it's available.

A screener (SCR) is an advance screening of a film or television series sent to critics, awards voters, video stores (for their manager and employees), and other film industry professionals, including producers and distributors. Screeners help critics and award voters see smaller movies that do not have the marketing advantage or distribution of major studio releases. Positive mentions can result in awards consideration
Nowadays physical DVD copies still appear to be issued, but screeners are also distributed digitally to members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and the media/publicity sites of individual television networks for television shows. When screeners leak online, they are often tagged "DVDSCR", and often have an on-screen graphic watermarked with the receiver's email address
Yes, it's easy to find on torrents :P
Just search the movie title on kat.cr

What is a screener and how in the world do u guys watch it at home. Don't tell me it's easy to find or a torrent or whatever. Can somebody specifically point out where it's available.

A screener (SCR) is an advance screening of a film or television series sent to critics, awards voters, video stores (for their manager and employees), and other film industry professionals, including producers and distributors. Screeners help critics and award voters see smaller movies that do not have the marketing advantage or distribution of major studio releases. Positive mentions can result in awards consideration
Nowadays physical DVD copies still appear to be issued, but screeners are also distributed digitally to members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and the media/publicity sites of individual television networks for television shows. When screeners leak online, they are often tagged "DVDSCR", and often have an on-screen graphic watermarked with the receiver's email address

you would think the industry would invite the journalists and shit to a private screening somewhere, sort of like some bands do with new albums.

you would think the industry would invite the journalists and shit to a private screening somewhere, sort of like some bands do with new albums.

Shh, dont give the thick bastards ideas :lol:

• Like 1

I'm surprised they're still using shit quality screeners to be honest

Most Academy members are based in LA or NY, there are free screenings of the relevant films for them all the time. It's mostly kowtowing to the legion of elderly members who should have long since stepped down.

I would always rather see a film in a theatre, but I'm stuck in Australia this year and I will download what won't have opened before award season starts in earnest.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1