The Hateful Eight - New/Second Trailer!

RussTCB

QT does do genre but it's not always straight pastiche. Like the idea with Death Proof I think was to take the Car movie or this Stuntman Mike character which I'm guessing has been done before. There's probably a movie where some psycho in a car goes round killing chicks? But Tarantino made the movie kind of more about the chicks and their revenge on him. I think he got labeled as not being able to write women. Again this idea is probably stolen. But then he's put the two pieces together and then gone indulgent with longest car chase of all time. It's a total nerd out. Again very weak on plot or story. It's all just narrative playfulness. On Pulp that just came together like lightening in a bottle. It's all guns, badasses, and cool dialogue. But Death Proof it's like chiicks talking about tampons. I think he sort of did it on purpose. It's total QT. Stintman mike would be the hero in the other b movies but he's had these bad bitches kick his ass. The ole switcheroo.

Although a good story is nice, it can be predictable but sarisfying. That's why Brown and Inglorious pleased the more mainstream audiences. I just prefer it more when anything could happen. But still the dialogue is longwinded.

I think he's a good director, he hot skills he could direct any script. He has knowledge and enthusiasm.

Writes his own scripts, he has his own way.

But mainly it's the QT bubble. It's almost like a James Bond franchise.

I haven't really been riveted since Jackie Brown. It's a bit like Eminem. You still pick the cd and want to see what he's doing.

Anyone watched it yet?

One of my friends on Facebook said it sucks. I have a hard time believing that (Though I seriously doubt it will crack my top 3 Tarantino flicks).

Jennifer Jason Leigh is glorious.

The film as a whole is not good.

But if you like Basterds and Django, you'll like it. I personally rank those two and now this as the worst films in a career that is incredibly underwhelming anyway

Just watched it. It is a Rashamon type thing set in an old western barn. It has stunning visuals. It is alright. It is very typical of his post '90s films, exploitation with unethical characters. There is an atrocious scene where a hillbilly performs a sex act on Samuel L Jackson. It is very lengthy. Wouldn't watch it again.

And yes, there is a perfect copy leaked.

What I meant by the Django and Basterds thing is that it falls in line with them as being very, very average films that QT would have you believe are epics. He's just not a very good filmmaker. Diesel sums it up well enough in his above post.

Gotcha.

I've got about 10 minutes left and I'm beyond disappointed. Really, really, really glad I'm not going to waste 3 hours on this on Christmas Day as I had planned.

What I meant by the Django and Basterds thing is that it falls in line with them as being very, very average films that QT would have you believe are epics. He's just not a very good filmmaker. Diesel sums it up well enough in his above post.

Gotcha.

I've got about 10 minutes left and I'm beyond disappointed. Really, really, really glad I'm not going to waste 3 hours on this on Christmas Day as I had planned.

It's a really long 3 hours too. It doesnt fly by, that's for sure. QT is a very polarizing director. Some think he's the bees knees. I am of the opposite camp. Jackie Brown is a masterpiece though. I feel he's been chasing that ever since and unfortunately, hasnt really come close.

Ugh. Part of me wants to still see it, but honestly something about it from the start hasn't made me incredibly excited like I was for Django or Basterds. I may just watch the leaked copy because otherwise, that's at least 5 hours out of my Christmas day too...

Maybe I'll watch the first 30-45 minutes and see how that goes and if I like it then I'll go see it on Christmas.

Saw this earlier over at friend's place. Like Django I liked it mostly for the Sam Jackson's & Kurt Russell performances. Jennifer Jason Leigh was ok as well. Otherwise I didn't care for it at all. Tarantino's writing is stale even by his -ripping-off-the-cult-classics standards, I felt like we've been through this too many times; even the gore and slow motion felt out of touch.

There's a screener out for this. Ugh. Do I watch it?!

Fuck that, I'm watching it now then!

Tarantino is gonna be pissed. Though I think the same thing happened for Django, didn't it?

Nerds are funny when they're angry :D

The internet is going to break when a Star Wars screener pops up. Kim Kardashian's ass? Not even close.

Why was that even a big deal, i mean there was a video of her full on shagging way before that.

It is going to get trounced a bit here. It is different when you have a copy with people walking around in front going to get popcorn but when you have a mint copy like that. Also Star Wars and Christmas. People will just stay at home and watch it on a certain dodgy website or get a torrent. I do not think it is a particular good film though. Kurt Russel is probably the best thing about it.

PS

An iffy quality Star Wars has just leaked, with a Spanish intro, haha. I say iffy but it is actually not too bad.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I thought it was pretty good. I haven't been paying attention since the first trailer came out and I didn't have any expectations, but I'd say it's probably an 8/10. It's about a half hour longer than it really needs to be, but that would probably be 'canceled out' if the theater experience is really good.

Keep in mind the digital version will be about 20 mins shorter than the Roadshow Edition (I'm assuming that's what has leaked?)