Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

^^^

Yeah, guessing. I said "I do believe". I think Axl will try to release the second half of what he considers one double album. It's also "done" or closed to being finished, so my guess is he'll try to release it yeah.

My first line was in connection to what I've said earlier: Axl is the only one who decides who is in the band. I don't think Axl will work on music he doesn't like. And I don't know if Slash will agree to work in Axl's conditions.

But I get the sense Axl is not gonna expose himself to lawsuits or potential threat to what he has built for so long. Even if they'll be good friends all of a sudden.

And again about Pitman: Axl used a few of Pitman's ideas on every song on the album, and one of them was written by him. That's a strong confirmation Axl is satisfied with him. That, and 17 years or so of being in new Guns.

Edited by Rovim

Axl is so satisfied with the material that he worked on it excessively to make it into the turd that we have today. The same material that has been brushed aside for the classics on stage. Why? Because Axl knows that people don't want to hear that crap.

Axl also used Paul's ideas. He was more useful than Pitman.

There is nothing to suggest that releasing "CD II" is a priority. So speaking on what you think will happen is actually what you hope will happen without even a shred of information to suggest it. They don't even have a lineup anymore.

TWO keyboardists?........... :lol:

• Like 1

^^^

Yeah, guessing. I said "I do believe". I think Axl will try to release the second half of what he considers one double album. It's also "done" or closed to being finished, so my guess is he'll try to release it yeah.

My first line was in connection to what I've said earlier: Axl is the only one who decides who is in the band. I don't think Axl will work on music he doesn't like. And I don't know if Slash will agree to work in Axl's conditions.

But I get the sense Axl is not gonna expose himself to lawsuits or potential threat to what he has built for so long. Even if they'll be good friends all of a sudden.

And again about Pitman: Axl used a few of Pitman's ideas on every song on the album, and one of them was written by him. That's a strong confirmation Axl is satisfied with him. That, and 17 years or so of being in new Guns.

Axl also liked DJ Ashba. Axl hasn't had the best eye for talent in a long time.

^^^

Precisely. Axl forced out Slash, Duff, and Izzy-- and he replaced them with Ron, DJ, Pittsman, etc etc.

It's like the 92 Bulls throwing out Jordan and bringing in a fat 87 year old lady with rheumatism.

• Like 1

^^^

Precisely. Axl forced out Slash, Duff, and Izzy-- and he replaced them with Ron, DJ, Pittsman, etc etc.

It's like the 92 Bulls throwing out Jordan and bringing in a fat 87 year old lady with rheumatism.

ashba.jpg

Storm-Trooper.jpg

Says it all, really.

• Like 2

I cannot see Axl reneging on his demented Chinese Democracy crusade, I would honestly be shocked down to my bones if he entertained thoughts of a reunion, he would've had to have suffered a lobotomy, probably from the same aliens who obviously abducted him the night before Rio 11 and extinguished his fire.

There's two potential Old GNR songs on CD II. Down by the Ocean by Izzy and The Slash origin riff Fortus was working on. If Slash and Duff were brought in on the later and Izzy plays on Ocean that's the start of them working together. Whether they want a clean slate whole new deal I dont know. Probably then its probably a no go on a record but a tour seems easier to have fun with. Then on tour maybe write something together.

^^^

Forced out? every one of those guys quit for their own reasons (many coinciding with Axls behaviour). Yes Axl became more difficult to handle, but if they had any backbone they would have challenged him. just read Slash's book or any of the guys accounts. They all say "I should have done something but it was easier to just go along". You can't be pissed when one guy starts steering the ship because everyone else is too scared to do it for themselves. Regardless of the guys reasoning, they all quit GnR. Axl did not ask them to leave.

• Like 1

It became impossible for the guys to deal with axlAxl. They wanted to move forward. Axl preferred to hang out with his lawyers and not make music. At all. I'm sure it was very hard for Slash and Duff to leave but they had to. Axl would end up driving them insane with his lack of work and diva behavior. A solo album by Axl would have solved everything.

• Like 1

It became impossible for the guys to deal with axlAxl. They wanted to move forward. Axl preferred to hang out with his lawyers and not make music. At all. I'm sure it was very hard for Slash and Duff to leave but they had to. Axl would end up driving them insane with his lack of work and diva behavior. A solo album by Axl would have solved everything.

Indeed.

Let's not forget, Slash (and the other guys, if I recall correctly) didn't witness Axl sing a damn thing since their last gig together in 93 until they respectively quit or were fired, 3-4 years later.

Edited by DR DOOM

There's two potential Old GNR songs on CD II. Down by the Ocean by Izzy and The Slash origin riff Fortus was working on. If Slash and Duff were brought in on the later and Izzy plays on Ocean that's the start of them working together. Whether they want a clean slate whole new deal I dont know. Probably then its probably a no go on a record but a tour seems easier to have fun with. Then on tour maybe write something together.

Maybe Slash has a Fall To Pieces-esque riff saved up to play for Axl and get his opinion on it.

True Slash could easily donate some solo material to CD II. i'd be more interested in the 14 Years, Dust N Bones, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up recipe.

I think they can do like a UYI type thing. Disconnected, but way less challenging to accomplish. Everyone gets to contribute like 2 or 3 songs, use existing material, use whatever they think works.

Down By The Ocean, Slash riff song, new slash riff song, and Axl has probably a lot of unreleased songs he can rework with Slash and Duff.

• Like 1

Slash solos on Atlas Shrugged and The General?

I can't really answer that. Like I've said before, I believe Slash can do no harm in Guns. Slash in Twat? Slash in Street Of Dreams? Sorry?

Yes and no. I don't know. Slash on Seven. Axl singing something about the cost of greed followed by a 2 minutes Slash outro.

I think the point is if CD ll is similar to Chinese in style, and you can imagine Slash on This I Love and other songs, then I trust Axl to know what to re record with Slash and what works.

Edited by Rovim

It became impossible for the guys to deal with axlAxl. They wanted to move forward. Axl preferred to hang out with his lawyers and not make music. At all.

"We have been doing mostly Axl's material." (Slash chat, 10/16/96)
"Axl is rhythm guitar on his own songs for the time being." (Slash chat, 07/30/96)
"[Axl's guitar playing] tripped me out when I first came back,' Slash says. 'I figured 'Okay, that's where his focus has been. I haven't really talked to him about it, to tell the truth. I guess he's just been sitting at home, figuring out chords or something. Maybe he's been taking lessons." (Slash, Total Guitar, 01/97)

Indeed.

Let's not forget, Slash (and the other guys, if I recall correctly) didn't witness Axl sing a damn thing since their last gig together in 93 until they respectively quit or were fired, 3-4 years later.

Slash and Axl, '96.

Indeed.

Slash and Axl, '96.

Yeah, a song with them both on it- doesn't equate to the two of them in the same studio at the same time laying down their parts together does it?

Even if they did, that one example somehow validates the argument? :lol: