Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

It became impossible for the guys to deal with axlAxl. They wanted to move forward. Axl preferred to hang out with his lawyers and not make music. At all. I'm sure it was very hard for Slash and Duff to leave but they had to. Axl would end up driving them insane with his lack of work and diva behavior. A solo album by Axl would have solved everything.

Indeed.

Let's not forget, Slash (and the other guys, if I recall correctly) didn't witness Axl sing a damn thing since their last gig together in 93 until they respectively quit or were fired, 3-4 years later.

Slash and Axl, '96.

Yeah, a song with them both on it- doesn't equate to the two of them in the same studio at the same time laying down their parts together does it?

Even if they did, that one example somehow validates the argument? :lol:

It at least invalidates the argument that Axl ceased singing on July 17th 1993 and didn't sing at all for the next 4 years.

There's been a lot of contradictory statements about Axl's activity at that time, like Slash saying in 1996 they were working on mostly Axl's material - then years later claiming Axl never brought any ideas to the table post 1993.

It at least invalidates the argument that Axl ceased singing on July 17th 1993 and didn't sing at all for the next 4 years.

There's been a lot of contradictory statements about Axl's activity at that time, like Slash saying in 1996 they were working on mostly Axl's material - then years later claiming Axl never brought any ideas to the table post 1993.

That's not what I was talking about though, is it?

I said that Slash (and IIRC others) said they didn't witness Axl sing after their last show in 93, I didn't say Slash or anybody else claimed Axl did not sing a note post 93.

Think of that Brain/Bryan Mantia podcast where he said he hadn't witnessed Axl sing until that Rock In Rio show...come on now Miser.

That's not what I was talking about though, is it?

I said that Slash (and IIRC others) said they didn't witness Axl sing after their last show in 93, I didn't say Slash or anybody else claimed Axl did not sing a note post 93.

Think of that Brain/Bryan Mantia podcast where he said he hadn't witnessed Axl sing until that Rock In Rio show...come on now Miser.

And yet we have evidence that the vox to CD were mostly done between '99 and 2002...When Brian was in the band.

Just because they didn't see Axl singing doesn't mean he couldn't have laid down parts separately or done his own demos of singing etc.

Don't bother. He still believes that Sorum came up with the notorious UYI drum fill.

Precisely: that damn repetitive tom-tom fill was all Axl. Matt was playing around and hit that fill, and Axl was all "use this fill!" It's stated in interviews.

That fact alone makes me wonder how different UYI would've sounded with Steven. Stevie just doesn't play fills like that, so Axl would never have heard it.

Don't bother. He still believes that Sorum came up with the notorious UYI drum fill.

Precisely: that damn repetitive tom-tom fill was all Axl. Matt was playing around and hit that fill, and Axl was all "use this fill!" It's stated in interviews.

That fact alone makes me wonder how different UYI would've sounded with Steven. Stevie just doesn't play fills like that, so Axl would never have heard it.

Can you imagine Steven coming up with parts for Estranged? Steven is a great drummer, but he had a limited range. Maybe now he could take a stab at putting drums to a song like that. Matt was the best choice for a more progressive GnR. I know most of the songs on UYI were pretty straight ahead but some of them would have eluded Steven and his bare bones skill set, and the songs would have suffered for it. Anyway! the main point and only important fact is that Steven was completely unable to continue in GnR so the whole what could have been stuff just doesn't hold and water.

• Like 1

Can you imagine Steven coming up with parts for Estranged? Steven is a great drummer, but he had a limited range. Maybe now he could take a stab at putting drums to a song like that. Matt was the best choice for a more progressive GnR. I know most of the songs on UYI were pretty straight ahead but some of them would have eluded Steven and his bare bones skill set, and the songs would have suffered for it. Anyway! the main point and only important fact is that Steven was completely unable to continue in GnR so the whole what could have been stuff just doesn't hold and water.

Although I have no audio to back me up concerning Estranged, It is well understood Steven wrote all songs for UYI. Sure Matt put his own flare on some songs but Steven wrote most before he got fired. There are demos out there to prove most if it, Back off, Garden, Locomotive, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me and Don't cry, ect... ect...

I could imagine Steven playing the YCBM intro like OTGM, more Kiss big hitting.

It would be much easier for Steven if the reunion shows were at a Vegas Residency for the 30 Anniversary of AFD. Then play Rock in Rio as their last show.

Although I have no audio to back me up concerning Estranged, It is well understood Steven wrote all songs for UYI. Sure Matt put his own flare on some songs but Steven wrote most before he got fired. There are demos out there to prove most if it, Back off, Garden, Locomotive, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me and Don't cry, ect... ect...

“We tried to get him into the material but he just could not connect with Axl’s longer piano based compositions.
“There were constant complaints that Steven would not play the pieces consistently and it annoys me even today that Steven plays victim as he was given every chance over a long period of time." - Steven Adler

Alan Niven***

Steven definitely had a hand in a lot of material on UYI as a lot was written way before they ever considered firing him. I prefer Steven over Matt because he really did have a great swing to his playing that Matt doesn't. Steven says it best when he says Matt is the perfect drummer, but he sounds like a machine. I think It's possible that Steven demoed Estranged and November rain (with different parts), but we would need to get Axl, or some of the people around then to confirm it. Would be interesting to know what each guy actually did.

Some at /gaymo's board mentioned, that Tommy isnt following GNR and Axl on Twitter anymore.

Wow. Although some here are older and have a hard denial with social media, that should pretty much say everything, shouldn't it?

How many other "current members" aren't following GNR and Axl on twitter anymore.. You literally are supposed to.

ITS OFFICIAL: TOMMY STINSON HAS LEFT GUNS N ROSES

• Like 2

The thing that gets me out of this thread is reading something like that,and someone responding thinking Fortus and Frank are ever gonna play with GNR again.

"No, there’s a lot going on with that whole thing right now. It is looking like next year is going to be the big year for Guns N’ Roses." Interesting because he says it'sgoing to be a big year yet nothing suggests he will be involved. GNR= Axl,Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy.

"Man, I can’t divulge information like that." Interesting he's being so secretive... Maybe he knows about a potential reunion?

"As far as you know, that’s right (laughs)" He's clearly having fun at this point of the interview and not caring. He may be vague at this point, and although he doesn't spell anything, he doesn'treally say enough to confirm he will be a part of Guns N Roses in the future unless it's a guest spot on certain songs, or if izzy absolutely refuses which at this point I doubt. Even if Izzy did then he needs to get checked for psychiatric help and have his drug indused psychotic paranoia for the mass audience analyzed but hey..none of my business.

Anyways, Reunion time it is.

• Like 1

What's happening to the MOST STABLE LINEUP ever? It's all falling apart! I don't want to see The General masterpiece being played by a nobody like Duff, I want legendary bassist Tommy Stuson! Oh, by the way, this is not news, there were clues all over the place about Tommy leaving. I didn't announce it before out of respect for Tommy and my very legit source I can't name. I'm on the music business so I am a legit insider.

My guess is Chris Snakepitman is next to announce his departure.

I only like this post because the Snakepitman thing

Well, Tommy at least being honest and not bullshitting much

I'm just mad that everyone hated my thread about history repeating itself. I mean late 90's Axl stopped talking to everyone, he wasn't involved, he had no direction for the band so they all went off and did solo work or eventually quit.

Here we are a year after Vegas and Axl has seemingly quit talking to everyone. So the guys go off and do their solo work, but finish and notice Axl still has no direction and isn't communicating. So again, they all start leaving one by one.

It was Duff and Matt that joined together in the late 90's for a solo gig and now it's Tommy and Frank? It's just crazy to me how Axl continues to operate the exact same way. And his lack of motion has the same affect on the band members in the 90's as it did now.

wat

Duff wrote the YCBM drum fill

I'm just mad that everyone hated my thread about history repeating itself. I mean late 90's Axl stopped talking to everyone, he wasn't involved, he had no direction for the band so they all went off and did solo work or eventually quit.

Here we are a year after Vegas and Axl has seemingly quit talking to everyone. So the guys go off and do their solo work, but finish and notice Axl still has no direction and isn't communicating. So again, they all start leaving one by one.

It was Duff and Matt that joined together in the late 90's for a solo gig and now it's Tommy and Frank? It's just crazy to me how Axl continues to operate the exact same way. And his lack of motion has the same affect on the band members in the 90's as it did now.

Not the same

He had talent back then, and his former bandmates had talent too!

In NUGNR's case...

Well, BBF's steaming pile of shit speaks for itself....

Not to mention the fact that he is old, can't really sing anymore, and finally start to mend fences with almost everybody in the classic line up

i'm not saying a reunion is in the works per se, but this situation is totally different

That is why the others slag your thread, imho

Edited by Strange Broue

wat

Duff wrote the YCBM drum fill

Not the same

He had talent back then, and his former bandmates had talent too!

In NUGNR's case...

Well, BBF's steaming pile of shit speaks for itself....

Not to mention the fact that he is old, can't really sing anymore, and finally start to mend fences with almost everybody in the classic line up

i'm not saying a reunion is in the works per se, but this situation is totally different

That is why the others slag your thread, imho

Haha thanks for an honest reply!

I just felt when you look outside of Axl's age and outside of his current talent you find he treats people the same. When he's done with you or with a band he will essentially go into hiding. He won't communicate with you, he won't give you any hint of what's going on. His management is told to stay quiet and I think it scares the band members. All of a sudden the guy carrying the torch is gone. Where do you go from here? Is it over? Should I wait for him? Is my job secure? Wait where's my paycheck?

So basically what I'm getting at is Axl the person is a repeating cycle. The situation is different, but the results are the same. I guess if I lead my thread like this people might not have hated it. But I wanted to imply that there was hope even after Axl fell off the map. He rebuilt. Maybe he's going to do it again in a lesser form...idk! But I do know that how Axl has disbanded this version of GNR is quite similar to how he disbanded old GNR.