Favorite Guns N' Roses cover song?

My favorite is Since I Don't Have You. I love music from the 50s and I love GN'R songs about heartache. So this track is just an awesome blending of a few musical interests of mine.

So many lines from the song eeriely predict what would become of the band:

"Yeah, we're *******"

"When you walked out on me, in walked ol' misery, and she's been here since then"

Fitting that the video for this song was the last one the Illusion lineup did

Bonus: Do you have a song you'd like to see GN'R cover?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Live and Let Die.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Fire Woman

Pet Semetary

Livin' After Midnight

Eye of the Tiger

Never Say Die

Life in the Fast Lane

Here I Go Again

Smoke on the Water

C.O.D.

Taxi Driver

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

For the Turnstiles

Moonlight Mile

From what they have done? Ain't It Fun, by far.Axl Rose, Slash and Michael Monror one the same track? Sonic heaven.

What I'd loved to hear in place of fucking LALD or KOHD during the band's prime era? Their rendition of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" or "Sabbra Cadabra". Imagine 80s /90s Axl on that. Jesus.

Edited by EvH

As much as I wish GNR had spent more time on original music and less on covers, I LOVE Ain't It Fun and Sympathy For The Devil. I know Sympathy is supposed to be the sound of a band breaking up, but I love that hard, darker interpretation of the Stones' original in particular. And Slash's work on Ain't It Fun was incredible. Both versions are so much better than the originals.

IMO they did a great job with all the covers [with a exception of Sympathy, which is fine but not great (it's a major hit, by a major group, that still operates/operated in a major way, plus cover is done in pretty much the same way as the original)], which is really rare.

This one is like a GnR prototype LOL, and quite obscure:

As a huge punk lover, I like most of punk songs they covered.

Somehow, Down on the farm is my no. 1.

They made a great song from pretty shitty original.

https://youtu.be/rw-MH5C7PqQ

exactly. you listen to the original and they play it SO BAD that it sounds like 12-year-old kids are playing it!

As punk is supposed to be played and sang , haha... We can't blame UK Subs on that one :D